+ Reply to Thread

Default could histogen or repicel Help repair transplant patients

jw,does anybody here think replice or histogen can regrow Hair that sustained shockloss From a Hair transplant surgery? Would it be able to grow Hair Back in The transplanted area and The donor area? And when i say donor, i do not mean The scar, but The areas around it. I was jw because majority of The hairtransplants cannot give you your denisty that you use to have, so there has to be spots where no follical was placed. So in these empty spots do you think your old Hair would grow through all that scarring. I know they say shockloss is just hairs that would of been eventually lost, so The follical should be dormant under The skin. Right? With that being said,, can you see repicel or histogen helping transplanted people get more of their denisty Back.

Btw i didnt know where to post this so i figured since their future treatments it would be best to put here.

Quote Originally Posted by mikes23 View Post
    jw,does anybody here think replice or histogen can regrow Hair that sustained shockloss From a Hair transplant surgery? Would it be able to grow Hair Back in The transplanted area and The donor area? And when i say donor, i do not mean The scar, but The areas around it. I was jw because majority of The hairtransplants cannot give you your denisty that you use to have, so there has to be spots where no follical was placed. So in these empty spots do you think your old Hair would grow through all that scarring. I know they say shockloss is just hairs that would of been eventually lost, so The follical should be dormant under The skin. Right? With that being said,, can you see repicel or histogen helping transplanted people get more of their denisty Back.

Btw i didnt know where to post this so i figured since their future treatments it would be best to put here.
    Hello. I would say that the donor area can not be repaired. But I believe total hair density, hairshaft density of vellus and terminal hair of the non-safe area will increase.
    Replicel was able to increase this numbers by (up to) 19-20%. The dose trial(with earlier release) will show how much really can be done. If I would have to make an estimated guess, I would say they can reach 40% in the best cases in the future. My advice for anyone would be to stay away from hair transplants at the moment(specifically FUT), wait for Dr Wesley and early results of Replicel. I do not make any guesses on Histogen, because I really did only read articles and papers about Replicel.
    I would also love to hear other thoughts on this

The thing is i had a Hair transplant when i was 19. I was a nw 1 and The surgery caused alot of shockloss in both The donor and transplanted sites. Now i tryed to repair what happen with a few more surgeries but my Hair is no where near as dense as it was prior to my surgery. So i am wonder if those hairs that were lost will grow Back with one of these productes. It was stupid For me to have surgery, i know and on hairlosshelp i explained The whole story. I just figure instead of typing a long ass novel, i would only post my question i had. btw thank you For responding. I am sure there are more people then just you and me who would like to know The answer to this, since alot of people have been butcherd throught out The years

Quote Originally Posted by mikes23 View Post
    The thing is i had a Hair transplant when i was 19. I was a nw 1 and The surgery caused alot of shockloss in both The donor and transplanted sites. Now i tryed to repair what happen with a few more surgeries but my Hair is no where near as dense as it was prior to my surgery. So i am wonder if those hairs that were lost will grow Back with one of these productes. It was stupid For me to have surgery, i know and on hairlosshelp i explained The whole story. I just figure instead of typing a long ass novel, i would only post my question i had. btw thank you For responding. I am sure there are more people then just you and me who would like to know The answer to this, since alot of people have been butcherd throught out The years
    Hey Mike, sorry to heard about your surgery and the shock loss history, you shouldn't fell stupid about it, losing your hair can be devastating (mainly at a young age) and you were just unlucky to run into a unethical doctor who performed a HT when you were just a kid.

To your questions I believe we might have hope, my understanding is that Replicel will extract an small amount of dermal sheath cup cells from the back of the scalp and then replicate them and finally reintroduce them into balding areas meaning that new hair follicles will be created and I don't see a reason why this can not be done in your donor area.

They are making progress for sure but it looks like we still have to wait a few years before we can use the treatment, I hope is not too much.

Histogen, on the other hand, looks like is not making that much progress (at least if harder to find information about them) and I don't think they will be able to create new follicle in areas where one no longer exist. so Replicel sounds like a better solution for all of us.

But does a follicle have to be dormant under there. Or will The dermal cup that they implant grow Hair? cause when you transplant hairs they remove all of The follicle. So if you implant The dermal cup were you just extracted a graft, will a Hair grow Back in that spot? Btw could it regrow Hair in a scar?