+ Reply to Thread

Default Accepting/Embracing Baldness when nothing else you try has worked

So I've tried:
    Propecia/Rogaine/ other DHT Blockers/Saw Palmetto/Biotin.
    1 Hair Transplant
    Several hair replacement companies-Both online and salons in my city

and just about every so "called hair loss solution"

Nothing has worked, and I am a young bald man at age 25.

I am currently wearing a hairpiece, but it doesn't look great. The maintenance is extremely time consuming. It is certainly not undetectable like all these companies like Hair Club advertise them to be.

They just prey on the insecurities of the male ego AKA premature Hairloss treatments and overcharge.

The profit margins in this industry are just so ridiculous which is why everyone claims they have a cure even though its clearly not true.

I should mention I have also shaved my head... I bulked up and grew out facial hair last summer. I was a very good looking guy, and while I am still an alright looking guy, its never the same without your own full head of hair.

Please help, seriously have no idea what to do. People at my work could tell I wore a piece and I quit my job out of humiliation. I almost hated walking around with a bald or shaved head.

Its one thing if you were born obese, or with a huge nose, or short... When you were a good looking guy with a full head of hair one year and the next you are suddenly bald, its is incredibly devastating to your confidence/self esteem/morale

Please help what should I do?

Even though I would think if someone has accepted their baldness, they probably wouldn't be on balding forums would they?

FYI I have been dealing with hair loss for 20 months now. I probably spend at least some part of just about every hour thinking about it. Its a clinical matter and it has consumed my life sadly

If your hair piece was a high-quality product your co-workers would'nt even notice it if they kissed you. You should forget those dubious hair clubs and order yourself a stock piece online. You simply catched a bunch of frauds who want to squeeze money out of you. Probably they didn't even sell you real hair. Your descriptions don't match the possibilities of today's hair systems in any way.

I dabbled with partial stock pieces and custom pieces from online companies about 5-6 months ago. I bought from a frontal partial from Coolpiece which just never looked right. I bought a front half of a topper piece which didnt work. Then I went to a salon and have been going there since. It is possibly they have been ripping me off. I saw it as a last resort and decided to pay them 6 Grand as a bode of confidence in their services. Of course 3+ months later and it just hasnt worked out and I am debating going back to being bald. I was even more miserable being bald. I think I may try NorthWest Lace. That seems to be the one everyone is talking about and they have the best forum. Where do you get your systems? Hopefully you dont work for online merchants. Its hard to know who I can genuinely trust on these boards.

I understand some people see hair systems as a viable solution to hair loss. I will admit that I have seen some really good ones on the street/subway etc. Of course not to mention all of the really bad ones I see where you feel like someone would be inclined to shout out "nice Wig/nice Hairpiece". I really dont want to be that guy. Getting scrutinized and riducled for being a young bald guy is one thing, whereas getting scrutized for being a bald guy pretending not to be bald but failing to fool other people is a whole other level you dont want to get involved. I fear thats where I am right now

I think if you are wearing a piece then you have to take the attitude that you are wearing it for yourself and no one else. Maybe you should publicise the fact you wear a piece. If you don't care about it then trust me nobody else will. Maybe go to work one day slick bald then the next day turn up rocking a full wig. Treat your wig like a hat and not something hiding your baldness but just an accessory to express yourself.

I haven't got one myself yet but I know a few people in real life (no marketing men or something like that) who did and it's really working for them. They cut and attach their pieces themselves and it looks natural for several months. According to them, even swimming and showering is no problem, but I can't confirm that. As they are very experienced reattachment and cleaning takes not more than half an hour per week for them. I can't exactly guess what you're doing wrong, but as far as I understood you are just filling what you have lost in your frontal area?! Maybe you should try a bigger piece covering your complete top.

Im with you on everything you said it consumes my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrw651 View Post
    I should mention I have also shaved my head... I bulked up and grew out facial hair last summer.
    Do it again and then move on .

Hair loss has absolutely demolished my looks I had just not 1-2 years ago (I'm 25 as well, NW 3ish approaching 4 in not-too-distant-future). It's quite traumatic for some people, your youth etc going to shit in such a short interval of time, not to mention if you haven't even settled into a long term relationship yet, baldness can serve as a huge impediment. But Dave52 has probably the best possible advice--shave it and never look back. There are horrible truths in life that must be acknowledged, and one for you is that you're bald and there's nothing that can be done about it with present treatments. Looks are fleeting anyway, overvaluing them can deprive you of other things in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Do it again and then move on .
    This advice is easier said then done, but it is good advice in the OP's case. He said he did it in the past and looked pretty good, so I would say that is your best option especially since nothing else seems to be working. Unfortunately most of us will be in a similar position at some point when treatments stop working.

Where do you suggest is the best place to buy a good quality hair piece from?