+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Propecia vs girlfriend: advice?

I won't repeat my long winded story other than I got back on a low dose of propecia last July and had slow but decent results. No sides.

I got off it in April due to some problems that may or may not have been due it.

During late winter I started to gradually gain weight even though I exercise. Eventually I started getting tired and then finally lost my interest/drive.

Girlfriend was NOT happy and has been pressuring me to get it fixed ever since.

I dropped the propecia to see if it was the cause and still not sure. Weight has been going down again but sex drive is still pretty weak, but not totally dead.

Dr says to keep losing weight and I am.

GF cares less about hair, it's me that does.

So my question is what would you do if it were you? Would you stay off of it for GF in a long term relationship?

Have any of you ever gained weight while on it and did the weight go away after you got off it? Have very slow mpb but still don't want to stop using it , if I don't have to.

I know once a month won't give regrowth, but maybe stop a naturally slow progression?

Honestly, it's the primary motive I am on finasteride now, is to be able to gather the confidence with better hair in order to attract a partner. Other than that, I don't give a shit about my hair. Hypothetically, If I were in a stable long-term relationship and the significant other indicated into didn't matter to them about balding, I would happily ditch the finasteride and let my body recover from it. I would feel relieved--after all it was my goal along, hair has to go at some point anyway.

Out of curiosity, how long you been on finasteride and what dose are you on now? I am fairly sure once a month would have negligible results, you ought to just give it up, it seems to be causing more harm than what justifies its use.

MPB47,

Relationships come and go in the modern day - look after YOUR own interest first and foremost and not her interest.

watch your girlfriend is most important. That and your health

Ask your heart what it wants...All the best and hope you don't get sides, incase you decide to pursue medication.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    MPB47,

Relationships come and go in the modern day - look after YOUR own interest first and foremost and not her interest.
    MPB47, I have followed your story for a while. If I ever do experience sides, I plan on adjusting my dose like you have. As far as your topic goes, I would say you need to look out for number 1, and that is you. If you believe that fin is hurting you in any way and do not want to risk your health for hair, I would say drop it.

I don't mean any disrespect to your girlfriend at all. She may be the best girlfriend on the planet, but like chrisdav said "Relationships come and go". Things may be great now, but you never know. With that being said, if you are comfortable with your relationship and don't mind how you look with less hair, then I would say to drop it. Personally I am not pro medication at all and wish I was able to accept what I look like bald. Many guys come here and say it is all about getting women, but for me it is more about being happy with what I see in the mirror. I am in a long term relationship so I am not taking fin to get women. For me it is just about looking my best and feeling good about myself. Keep us posted on your decision and how things turn out. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryUser View Post
    Honestly, it's the primary motive I am on finasteride now, is to be able to gather the confidence with better hair in order to attract a partner. Other than that, I don't give a shit about my hair. Hypothetically, If I were in a stable long-term relationship and the significant other indicated into didn't matter to them about balding, I would happily ditch the finasteride and let my body recover from it. I would feel relieved--after all it was my goal along, hair has to go at some point anyway.

Out of curiosity, how long you been on finasteride and what dose are you on now? I am fairly sure once a month would have negligible results, you ought to just give it up, it seems to be causing more harm than what justifies its use.
    I was on it for about 5 years, got off for about 7 and then got back on last July. I was on a low dose.. .25 to .50 2x a week. Again, not sure if it's the meds or not. Right now I am feeling better but not back 100%. For now I am staying off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    MPB47, I have followed your story for a while. If I ever do experience sides, I plan on adjusting my dose like you have. As far as your topic goes, I would say you need to look out for number 1, and that is you. If you believe that fin is hurting you in any way and do not want to risk your health for hair, I would say drop it.

I don't mean any disrespect to your girlfriend at all. She may be the best girlfriend on the planet, but like chrisdav said "Relationships come and go". Things may be great now, but you never know. With that being said, if you are comfortable with your relationship and don't mind how you look with less hair, then I would say to drop it. Personally I am not pro medication at all and wish I was able to accept what I look like bald. Many guys come here and say it is all about getting women, but for me it is more about being happy with what I see in the mirror. I am in a long term relationship so I am not taking fin to get women. For me it is just about looking my best and feeling good about myself. Keep us posted on your decision and how things turn out. Good luck.
    Hi Not Cool,
    My story seems never ending
    Like you I am doing this for me, but don't like the low sex drive and tireness. So for now, I am staying off of it. I just wish there was a way to figure out if it's the propecia or something else that caused my problems.

if youre gonna marry this girl get off it. if not then dont.

Quote Originally Posted by ohkay View Post
    if youre gonna marry this girl get off it. if not then dont.
    Well she is part of the reason, but I still want my drive back regardless. Just wish I could prove/disprove it was the drug and not something else.