+ Reply to Thread

Default Can you tell the difference when hair is miniaturising or whether it's coming back?

I've been on fin for 15 months or so and i've got some hair on my temples which are fuzzy like miniaturized hair. I;m not sure whether they're coming or going. There is also hair right on the front of my hairline which has grown in from complete fuzz to normal strands of hair. What are the tell tale signs of hair that is either thinning out or growing in?

I would also like to know this, I've got fuzzy filler-like that are barely pigmented on my hairline and temples. How can one know whether or not miniaturized, thin hair will come back as thick terminal hair as they were before you started to thin? I seem to be only shedding terminal hairs, and am kept with a lot of thinner hairs that are miniaturizing.

EXACT same situation! Would love to hear from someone with experience with this!

Scalp dermoscopy is a great way to determine if the hair is miniaturizing. Dr. Cole utilizes HairCheck to determine hair loss as well as hair growth. HairCheck can differentiate between thinning, breakage, and shedding.

Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011. The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    Scalp dermoscopy is a great way to determine if the hair is miniaturizing. Dr. Cole utilizes HairCheck to determine hair loss as well as hair growth. HairCheck can differentiate between thinning, breakage, and shedding.

Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011. The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.
    Why don't all Dermatologists perform a scalp dermoscopy? For me it seems highly unreliable for them to tell me something just by observing my scalp with their naked eye. It's terribly annoying that all 3 dermatologists I have gone to now have not done any thorough examination, and I am left here just worrying/speculating about the cause and whether this or that will happen, or whether my follicles are just going to die regardless if I take medication or not. Very, very inept.

Could you request that your Dermatologist perform the scalp dermoscopy prior to booking your appointment? I'm not sure if it a is a routine procedure, however, these doctors should most definitely be qualified to perform it. If all else fails, you could always do a consult with a HT physician.