+ Reply to Thread

Default My introduction...

Not much to say really. I'm 22-years-old, I suffer from Aspergers syndrome, I was never much of a looker to begin with, and now I'm losing my hair.

I'm desperate. I still have a fair amount of hair but without treatment it'll be gone quick enough. I tried Finasteride, it worked for a little while but not anymore. Then I found Aldactone, which actually did work to some extent, but I started getting numbness on my arms and legs so I had to stop taking it. So yeah, even when I find a way around the s****y hand life dealt me, it comes back to bite me.

To be fair, I couldn't find a girl even when I had hair, but people kept giving me the same bs about how it's what's on the inside that matters and gunk like that. Which is all complete nonsense, almost as much as the whole "looks don't matter" gunk. The truth is if you're pretty, you're gonna find someone pretty. If you're ugly, you're either gonna find someone who's ugly or die alone. Still, I don't think being bald will help my chances any.

I just don't know what to do. I have nothing to fall back on, even if personality did make a lick of difference, I'm an Aspie. I don't have the money or the will to do a hair transplant (the idea of mangling my scalpum terrifies me), my only hope is a real treatment that can actually regrow hair, but I know we're nowhere near close to having something like that. Follica was a sham, Histogen doesn't have squat, and those are pretty much the only ones. I guess no one really cares helping people like us.

So now I'm just here to wallow in my own misery and try to learn from other people in my situation how to cope with the reality that I'm going to have to live and die alone...

If anyone knows of a medication I can take to counter Aldactone's numbness effect though, I'd be very greatful,

*grateful