+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yeah it's a bit cheaper than that Joachim. I think I paid about 8500 euro's for 1600 grafts back then. This may not look *that* expensive (like Gaz correctly notes, the top clinics world wide charge about the same), however it does become expensive when you count in transplanted hairs instead of grafts ... I'm pretty sure actually that if you count in hairs (which makes a lot more sense anyway, who cares how many grafts you get, you want to know how many hairs you get, that's what matters !), that HASCI is going to be the most expensive clinic in the world !
    lol i knew you were going to say that, I would have put my house on it

Arashi, when scanning round for FUE prices, first name I always think of is Feriduni... he is one of the best right? Take a look at the first post here

Feriduni's record is 10k grafts, but that guys potential is 12.5k, must have a big ****in head. Impressive either way. However I just want you to also note the average number of hairs per graft again in this case, only 1.89 hairs per graft, it's nowhere near the 2.5 you always use when comparing to HST.

Now I'm not being funny, but why do you think that is? It seems quite common!

And you just know that if I had gone for regular fue, I would have been lucky to get 1.8 hairs per graft because of the quality of my hair etc.

[QUOTE=35YrsAfter;181086]A good FUE physician can remove for example, one or two hairs from a four-hair FU with a .7 or smaller punch. The chance of visible scarring is minimal and this technique preserves a fuller appearance of the donor if the head is kept shaved (style). This method is time consuming and would be expensive. When a full follicular unit is taken during normal FUE surgery, a shaved head later reveals spaces between the hairs as a best-case scenario, when there isn't hypopigmentation.

Gho's reps could come back and say the animation represents an early prototype and they found it easier to remove an intact follicle and split them after they are removed. The animation on their homepage really makes no sense at all. Follicular units never grow in any uniform pattern. It would take perhaps millions of variations of the tool shown in Gho's animation to cover all of the possible FU configurations. Then there's the curved follicle. There really isn't any way a follicle with curvature could be successfully split in the fashion Gho's video/animation illustrates. It would be far easier to split the follicles after they are removed and insert one half back into the donor and the other half into the recipient site.

Of course animation dont make any sense, its just meant to look impressive to people who know little about HTs.

I personally think there should be more clinic like hasci offering graft splitting technique and market it as such and btw HST its not more time consuming , I had 1400 removed in a few hours by hasci tech, they do it really fast so I think 35yrsafter is wrong about that remark. So good doctor should be able to do it even faster, watch utube videos and you will see how fast hasci extracts grafts.

That being said grafts splitting should be cheaper than regular fue.

Gho needs to do a few things:

1. refund past patients
    2. if still in business and not bankrupt hasci is to drop regen claims and reduce prices

The best thing for him is to declare bankruptcy (like he did before) and start over again

What does dutch law say about all this, if it can be proven that he mislead public?

there's still one thing i don't understand with Gho's splitting technique.
    in another thread arashi and others were throwing a high number of failed extractions into the discussion. like 1000 grafts got extracted but 1700 punches we're made, or something like that (so they always click a counter to count correct extractions). (the exact numbers don't matter, the failed extractions were many however).

so what's the reason for this? i know some friends who had undergone normal FUEs, and they said there isn't something like failed extractions. when they see that a hair can't be pulled out in the first try they just punch it again a little bit deeper and then it works. anyway it's not often the case that they need a second try to pull it out. happens maybe 10 times in 1000 extractions. they used 0.8mm needles if i recall correctly. so the huge number of failed extractions causes a lot of trauma to the skin. but it's still scarless everybody says ;-)
    it's interesting why the have so many failed extractions if they just normally split the hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Arashi, when scanning round for FUE prices, first name I always think of is Feriduni... he is one of the best right? Take a look at the first post here

Feriduni's record is 10k grafts, but that guys potential is 12.5k, must have a big ****in head. Impressive either way. However I just want you to also note the average number of hairs per graft again in this case, only 1.89 hairs per graft, it's nowhere near the 2.5 you always use when comparing to HST.

Now I'm not being funny, but why do you think that is? It seems quite common!

And you just know that if I had gone for regular fue, I would have been lucky to get 1.8 hairs per graft because of the quality of my hair etc.
    Well, if you look at the literature (internet), there's some variance in the average hair/FU, I found reports varying from 2.0 to 2.8 hairs/FU, most seem to agree it's about 2.5. That's why I took that number. I just looked at several cases though, from people who posted how many 1's, 2's, 3's and 4's they've got and I'm getting the impression that it's actually indeed a bit lower than 2.5, probably around 2.1 from what I've seen so far (I saw results varying from 1.75 to 2.5). That's still a lot higher than hasci (I think my own result is about 1.2-1.25). So if you factor in that difference, then HASCI probably will be the most expensive clinic in the world !

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Well, if you look at the literature (internet), there's some variance in the average hair/FU, I found reports varying from 2.0 to 2.8 hairs/FU, most seem to agree it's about 2.5. That's why I took that number. I just looked at several cases though, from people who posted how many 1's, 2's, 3's and 4's they've got and I'm getting the impression that it's actually indeed a bit lower than 2.5, probably around 2.1 from what I've seen so far (I saw results varying from 1.75 to 2.5). That's still a lot higher than hasci (I think my own result is about 1.2-1.25). So if you factor in that difference, then HASCI probably will be the most expensive clinic in the world !
    Well that's a start coming down from 2.5 to 2.1. I would agree that is about the average from a decent surgeon, perhaps even 2.0. It makes Hasci seem just that little bit better.

Like I said I would have done well to get 1.8 hairs per graft from regular fue, so with my 1.4 I'm only .4 hair a graft worse off... And when you factor in the high yield of HST vs FUE, then I might just have more hairs ;-)

You've gotta be positive hey!

So what's your plan for Hasci? Or do you not want to disclose that here?

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    So what's your plan for Hasci? Or do you not want to disclose that here?
    I've contacted some people to hear if they had some idea's about the best way to proceed. Their answers vary. One thing I was thinking of is that show on fraudsters on Dutch Television called "Tros opgelicht": http://www.opgelicht.nl/ which I think would be a great option. However their format is ALWAYS that the guy who got scammed and who contacted the show, gets interviewed. I appreciate my privacy and there's simply no way I would want to go on Dutch Television regarding a show on fraud with Hair transplants, lol. So that's not an option (unless we could find somebody else who would want to do that, but I'm pretty sure nobody would want to be on television regarding fraud with his hair transplant, hehe).

But I'm still looking at other things. If you, or anyone else, thinks he has a good idea, that's very welcome of course.
    Last edited by Winston; 08-11-2014 at 09:26 AM.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ss1980 View Post
    I had 1400 removed in a few hours by hasci tech, they do it really fast so I think 35yrsafter is wrong about that remark. So good doctor should be able to do it even faster, watch utube videos and you will see how fast hasci extracts grafts.

That being said grafts splitting should be cheaper than regular fue.
    Dr. Cole attends surgery workshops every year where many of the top FUE surgeons showcase their skills and techniques. He tells the story of a tiny punch advocate who "fell on his face" during a live surgery demonstration, transecting follicles while using his .7 punch.

In one of Gho's videos a technician is shown using what Gho claims to be a .5 punch. I could hypothetically use a .5 punch extremely fast in Dr. Cole's powered isolation device. Unfortunately a high degree of follicle transection would be the result. If Gho can transect follicles and get 2 from one, he's on to something. Unfortunately I haven't seen any photographic evidence of follicle regeneration at the consistently high levels Gho claims. Gho's patients seem happy with their donors, but I'm not hearing rave reviews about their growth.

Take a look at the image below. Consider the margin of error while using a .5 punch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Punches lined up with graft.jpg

Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	34135

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

In addition, how can a curved follicle be scored and removed with a .50 punch without transection? I doubt there is a doctor alive who could remove a curved follicle with a .50 punch while maintaining a low transection rate. So... If Gho intrigues you and you are considering going to him, I suggest that he proves to you that he can consistently get both halves of a transected follicle to grow. Otherwise you are wasting precious donor hair, getting minimal growth in exchange for a great looking donor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Curved Follicle.jpg

Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	34216

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Where's IronMan? Haven't heard from him in a very... very long time.