Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HairlossAt15
    • May 2013

Originally posted by Swooping
    Not really. That's why there is randomized testing at arrival to completely rule out such a thing. This is water-proof, period. Independent testing that is. Secondly there isn't any massive costs associated with most chemicals, I don't know where you get this from? Remember that tocatifinib drug which cured this guy with Alopecia areata? I think you would shit bricks if you knew how cheap this actually is to make. This applies to many drugs. Pharma companies gotta earn though.
    I recommend you watch this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPZkQYee8Y, especially from about 7mins in, they order what they believe to be stem cells, they are sent in a very professional manner and the product is deemed to be properly handled. But what they get is a phony product.

Comment

• BudskiiHD
      • May 2013

Originally posted by burtandernie
      I just find it hard to believe that if it grew or stopped hair loss that none of these companies decided to also approve it for hair loss.
      I'm pretty sure Dr. Cotsarelis has patented use of PGD2 blockers for AGA.

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by BudskiiHD
        I'm pretty sure Dr. Cotsarelis has patented use of PGD2 blockers for AGA.
        This invention provides methods of treating androgenetic alopecia (AGA), acne, rosacea, prostate cancer, and benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), comprising the step of contacting a subject with a compound or composition capable of decreasing prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) level or activity, a downstream signaling or receptor pathway thereof, or prostaglandin D2 synthase level or activity; methods of stimulating hair growth, comprising the step of contacting a subject with a compound or composition capable of increasing or decreasing the activity or level of a target gene of the present invention, or with a protein product of the target gene or an analogue or mimetic thereof; and methods of testing for AGA and evaluating therapeutic methods thereof, comprising measuring PGD2 levels.

Comment

• noisette
          • Jun 2013

Licensing Agreement for Development and Commercialization of Novel Atopic Dermatitis

A little news. Not very exciting but... For our pets

Comment

• inbrugge
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by noisette
            A little news. Not very exciting but... For our pets

http://www.atopixtherapeutics.co.uk/...ct14-FINAL.pdf
            Ahaha. So they were testing stuff on rats all along and never movin on to humans. So they finally decided, screw it we'll just develop the products for rats as well. No more balding gerbils!

Comment

• noisette
              • Jun 2013

hahaha... Our dogs are cured for pattern baldness thanks to Atopix

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                • Sep 2014

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here because it's worth reading....

I came across one of their studies which is pretty revealing:http://www.pubfacts.com/detail/23190...receptor-Gpr44.

Basically says that PGD2 inhibits the process of follicle neogenesis through the gpr44 receptor. Which means that in order to even get this process off the ground, one of the first things they need to do is block that receptor. This is easy to deduce since balding areas have 3x as much pgd2, and they are trying to allow new hairs to grow in balding areas. It would of course would need to be done topically, which means they already have a topical to inhibit pgd2.

My guess is that they are using a number of compounds in these trials, and also means that this compound is being trialled as well, instead of an additional trial to test it alone. It would make a lot sense, because it would save both time and money and they can get on with their wounding method, while testing a topical compound that blocks the gpr44 receptor.

The whole $2 million for a treatment, $20 million for follicular neogenesis thing also makes sense, because yes, they will need more time and money to give a bald man a full head of hair. The gpr44 blocker is part of the process, and could be released sooner as a treatment than regrowing all your hair.

I think this is great news for anyone looking for a new treatment.

Comment

Working...