+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The drug was taken orally in the studies perhaps it need to be applied closer to the follicle, Garza has said PG's are very close to the follicle thats why transplanted hairs dont get affected by them. As for the black market drugs.. you can hardly trust the results the product was probably phony or not properly handled.

Quote Originally Posted by HairlossAt15 View Post
    The drug was taken orally in the studies perhaps it need to be applied closer to the follicle, Garza has said PG's are very close to the follicle thats why transplanted hairs dont get affected by them. As for the black market drugs.. you can hardly trust the results the product was probably phony or not properly handled.
    Actually they can be trusted. Since when do HPLC, HNMR , MS etc lie?

The contract lab creates one small batch of high purity stuff, generates MS and NMR data on it and then shows it to you as representative of all batches produced. What's sold to you, may or may not have any affiliation with those Mass spec/nmr data. Considering the massive costs associated with producing high purity stuff and the complete lack of regulation in over seas markets, you are most likely being sold either something of either very low purity or some random inert powder. Putting compound from an unregulated laboratory into your body is a highly reckless thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    The contract lab creates one small batch of high purity stuff, generates MS and NMR data on it and then shows it to you as representative of all batches produced. What's sold to you, may or may not have any affiliation with those Mass spec/nmr data. Considering the massive costs associated with producing high purity stuff and the complete lack of regulation in over seas markets, you are most likely being sold either something of either very low purity or some random inert powder. Putting compound from an unregulated laboratory into your body is a highly reckless thing to do.
    Not really. That's why there is randomized testing at arrival to completely rule out such a thing. This is water-proof, period. Independent testing that is. Secondly there isn't any massive costs associated with most chemicals, I don't know where you get this from? Remember that tocatifinib drug which cured this guy with Alopecia areata? I think you would shit bricks if you knew how cheap this actually is to make. This applies to many drugs. Pharma companies gotta earn though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Not really. That's why there is randomized testing at arrival to completely rule out such a thing. This is water-proof, period. Independent testing that is. Secondly there isn't any massive costs associated with most chemicals, I don't know where you get this from? Remember that tocatifinib drug which cured this guy with Alopecia areata? I think you would shit bricks if you knew how cheap this actually is to make. This applies to many drugs. Pharma companies gotta earn though.
    First off, i never said there were massive costs with "most chemicals". I said there were massive costs in producing pharmaceutical grade purity drugs. There is a world of difference between the two statements - in terms of costs, safety and efficacy. And i get that from having worked in the pharmaceutical industry labs for the past 15 years. See the reference below, if you would like to learn more about it.

Secondly, you are making my point for me. Yes, it can be cheap to make these compounds, if you don't adhere to the commonly accepted purity standards used in the pharmaceutical industry. Which is almost certainly what's happening when you buy from a synthetic chemistry lab in China or India. There is zero financial incentive for them to make that pure a product when there is no regulation over them. Even when there is incentive (fines, shutdowns etc.) they often fail to come up to standard. You think when they sell a batch of whatever to a couple guys off the internet that don't know any better that they're going above and beyond to ensure efficacy and safety? No chance.

I would love to see the Mass spec and NMR data from the independent testing, if you have it. If that's what you guys have been doing on regular basis, then kudos. At least you're protecting yourselves somewhat. But, considering the costs of such analysis, i'd be very shocked to hear that's what happening.

An impure substance may be defined as a substance of interest mixed or impregnated with an extraneous or usually inferior substance. The greatest financial impact on the cost of a drug substance often is found in the final preparation process. Product yield, physical characteristics, and chemical purity are important considerations in the manufacture of the active ingredient, the formulation of the dosage form, and the manufacture of the finished drug product. Processes to control the preparation of the drug substance and drug product must be disclosed to FDA as part of a new drug application. If production batches do not meet the purity and impurity specifications required, the manufacturer must attempt to upgrade materials by rework procedures, which are costly because they consume drug substance and resources and prevent the preparation of other batches of drug substance. The sources and types of impurities can be illustrated by considering a general flow scheme for manufacturing drugs. The formation of impurities is interconnected with each stage as shown in Figure 1.

Evaluating Impurities in Drugs (Part I of III)
    In Part I of a three-part article, the authors discuss what constitutes an impurity and the potential sources of impurities in APIs and finished drug products.

Feb 2, 2012
    By: Kashyap R. Wadekar, Mitali Bhalme, S. Srinivasa Rao, K. Vigneshwar Reddy, L. Sampath Kumar, E. Balasubrahmanyam
    PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY
    Volume 36, Issue 2, pp. 46-51

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    I recommend you watch this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPZkQYee8Y, especially from about 7mins in, they order what they believe to be stem cells, they are sent in a very professional manner and the product is deemed to be properly handled. But what they get is a phony product.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that if it grew or stopped hair loss that none of these companies decided to also approve it for hair loss.
    I'm pretty sure Dr. Cotsarelis has patented use of PGD2 blockers for AGA.

Quote Originally Posted by BudskiiHD View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dr. Cotsarelis has patented use of PGD2 blockers for AGA.
    https://www.google.com/patents/US201...ed=0CBwQ6AEwAA

Post Licensing Agreement for Development and Commercialization of Novel Atopic Dermatitis

A little news. Not very exciting but... For our pets

http://www.atopixtherapeutics.co.uk/...ct14-FINAL.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    A little news. Not very exciting but... For our pets

http://www.atopixtherapeutics.co.uk/...ct14-FINAL.pdf
    Ahaha. So they were testing stuff on rats all along and never movin on to humans. So they finally decided, screw it we'll just develop the products for rats as well. No more balding gerbils!