+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 20 with cowlick or thinning?

http://imageshack.com/a/img536/579/8yyX2U.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img911/616/it58MB.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img746/4498/8yTncd.jpg

Thanks for the help I know I'm probably paranoid my family says it's fine but I worry they might be trying to be nice
    Last edited by hlarsen1313; 08-04-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: More pictures

bump

Quote Originally Posted by hlarsen1313 View Post
    Thanks for the help I know I'm probably paranoid my family says it's fine but I worry they might be trying to be nice
    A recurring theme that goes well beyond family members. They'll tell you you're not balding to make you feel good but then they'll laugh at baldness even if you are balding.

You're photos don't say much about balding though, only real way to answer your question is to wait a while and compare density of hair (strands of hair per square centimetre). You could of course get on Finasteride as a precaution.... buuuut that's also playing with fire.

Word of advice:

Find yourself a girl you'll want to commit to for life RIGHT NOW. If you end up losing your hair, believe me, things are going to go downhill for you FAST; expect silent rejection, eyes that creep up to your hairline, mockery, public humiliation, lack of attention, lack of sex, lack of dates, depression, social anxiety, stress, etc.... all that thanks to the society's disgust towards baldness.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    A recurring theme that goes well beyond family members. They'll tell you you're not balding to make you feel good but then they'll laugh at baldness even if you are balding.

You're photos don't say much about balding though, only real way to answer your question is to wait a while and compare density of hair (strands of hair per square centimetre). You could of course get on Finasteride as a precaution.... buuuut that's also playing with fire.

Word of advice:

Find yourself a girl you'll want to commit to for life RIGHT NOW. If you end up losing your hair, believe me, things are going to go downhill for you FAST; expect silent rejection, eyes that creep up to your hairline, mockery, public humiliation, lack of attention, lack of sex, lack of dates, depression, social anxiety, stress, etc.... all that thanks to the society's disgust towards baldness.

Good luck.
    wow LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

Word of advice:

Good luck.
    haha wow is right people don't hate balds and bald isn't ugly I just don't want to try and hold on and look like one of those people trying to hold on to somthing I don't have but if you can't tell me I'm looking bald I guess that's a good sigh eh? and find a girl and marry her seems like bad advice, if a girl judges me on going/being bald she's probably pretty shallow eh?

haha wow is right people don't hate balds and bald isn't ugly I just don't want to try and hold on and look like one of those people trying to hold on to somthing I don't have but if you can't tell me I'm looking bald I guess that's a good sigh eh? and find a girl and marry her seems like bad advice, if a girl judges me on going/being bald she's probably pretty shallow eh?
    Give it time, you'll see I was right. It happens every time. You're not bald now but if and when you do become a high norwood level, you're attitude is going to change drastically. You wouldn't know now because you've never been on the receiving end.

Being good looking is a social currency that is recognized throughout the world. It doesn't matter where you go or who you see, good looking people will always be treated better than their ugly counterparts. If you think society is going to accept your baldness and treat you as a human being, you're in for a surprise.

Wait until you see what it's like on the other side of the fence before you laugh it off as it's nothing. Wait until your looks start to deteriorate day by day, when your social value plummets and you're mocked by all your peers and shunned by every women you walk past, then you'll see it's not "just hair".

My dad was bald never saw anyone treat him differently I understand some people just like to get on the internet and vent and luckily my self esteem is pretty high but if you can't come up with something encouraging or at least give advice why do you enjoy trying to bring others down?

bump

of course looks matter but at the end of the day its not that big of a deal. money and status is more important :P