+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    i had the same thoughts on that, too.
    but the only chance i see this happening is if they can get some good initial results, let's say at least hairloss stop (difficult to measure in short timeframe) and some good regrowth of 20% or so. actually i'm not sure if it's regrowth or denovo follicle creation. i would love to see denovo follicles sprouting. even if the yield is low, you probably can go in for multiple treatments. so even if you get only a few hundred hairs with each treatment, this would be huge and basically the cure, if multiple treatments do the job. while writing this i just noticed that hairloss stop wouldn't be necessary at all if there is some serious denovo hair follicle creation.

does the trial really take 39 months? for phase 2 dosing or what? we can only hope that their first dosing leads to good results. hopefully they will publish them in some way then.
    yes Replicels trial lasts an estimated 39 months, but that is not the case with Shiseido. They bought Replicels method, they do not cooperate with them, ergo Replicel does their trial and Shiseido does its own trial of length influenced by new regulations. Shiseido got the license to sell this treatment in Asia and Replicel gets a nice slice of that cake.
    As far as I understood: Replicel will get more than 100 data points, far more than they got in phase 1. Since the treatment worked already in phase 1(maybe not like many expected) I am pretty sure it will work also for Shiseido. The question is to what degree? They could make this treatment partially available very soon, but than they would have little data points and it would basically work on a level as presented in Replicels phase 1 trial. This is all I think to know

I fail to see how does this have anything to do with this thread?

This was posted on RepliCel's Twitter page:

“RepliCel/Shiseido is well positioned to take advantage of early conditional approvals in Japan," @CellTherapyBlog

http://www.celltherapyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JZA70 View Post

“RepliCel/Shiseido is well positioned to take advantage of early conditional approvals in Japan," @CellTherapyBlog

HOLY SHIT!!!

That's the BEST positive news we've had all year!!! God damn, I'm so glad I was right on the money about this! Let's hope they actually go through with it!

We should be flooding their emails with requests for early treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by JZA70 View Post

Well that is a VERY positive sign as far as the issue of early release goes, but there is still the issue that Shisheido is working with technology that isn't really ready for prime-time. Shishiedo's efficacy may be modest because science still has to solve some of the problems with these cell-based hair therapies. Science hasn't solved the trichogenicity problem, or the problem of reduced fat cells in balding scalp. And as science solves those 2 problems they may bump up against more technical problems they have to resolve. Plus, costs for cell-based hair therapies might be sky high because of all the space-age high-tech involved.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    HOLY SHIT!!!

That's the BEST positive news we've had all year!!! God damn, I'm so glad I was right on the money about this! Let's hope they actually go through with it!

This is definitely VERY good news, but fella ther are still key problems. You've lost sight of the forest for the trees. One big problem is that Shisheido is using technology that is not completely researched yet. Scientists are still trying to acquire the technical capabilities/knowledge so they can optimally do what Shisheido is trying to push through clinical trials. Some key pieces of the technological puzzle are still missing, which means that Shisheido's could adversely Shisheido's efficacy.

And then there's the issue that a treatment like this could be very expensive since it's so space-age and high-tech.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    HOLY SHIT!!!

Awesome news.

would be nice to get some insight in replicel's latest status. are they able to create some hairs NOW or will it be the dosing trial which will be crucial for the whole success if any.
    i mean, they have set up a cell culturing facility lately (or still ongoing), so they seem to have something here. does anybody have an info on their latest progress or will we just see during phase 2? couldn't spencer get an interview with them?

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    This is definitely VERY good news, but fella ther are still key problems. You've lost sight of the forest for the trees. One big problem is that Shisheido is using technology that is not completely researched yet. Scientists are still trying to acquire the technical capabilities/knowledge so they can optimally do what Shisheido is trying to push through clinical trials. Some key pieces of the technological puzzle are still missing, which means that Shisheido's could adversely Shisheido's efficacy.

And then there's the issue that a treatment like this could be very expensive since it's so space-age and high-tech.
    Well just like Arashi I have to agree with you (lol) . But you are right. However these are still great news. Even if efficacy turns out to be low, a lot of other potentital stem cell treatments could get fast tracked there. Maybe even the things Dr. Gardner and Dr. Lausters team are working on.

This truly is good news . Let us hope the efficacy can be more than minor .