+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I love wearing hair!!!

A few years ago when I used to frequent this forum I was miserable. I have a great wife and a son who is now 10 years old and all I could do was think about my hair. I was scammed out of a lot of money, by a laser company that I should have spent for my young family and I was bitter about it. I finally looked into trying to wear a partial hair system and I never looked back. I haven’t felt the need to post here for years, but I was on here today and thought I would help someone out who had questions about their application.

To me hair pieces, propecia and hair transplants are are only real options. I’m married so I never had to deal with giving the “talk” about my hair to anyone. My wife loves it and I really look and feel so much better. Yes, there are times that the hair comes in too dark or not as thick as the one before, but if you plan for those issues, they are easy to correct. Once you learn how to work with these things, for me it was like a miracle. I’m so surprised that there is not more talk about this solution on this forum. Let’s change that.

Now that I am in a much better place, I don’t think that coming here and talking about wearing hair will get me depressed like it use to coming here. I think it might be time to give back a little so if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I think I’m going to change my avitar too, that represented the as old me before I got my hair back. By the way, I don’t work for any company or whatever, I just want to give back a little, since I’m so much happier with myself now.

Nice, I seen these in reality if done right they look so real, where do you buy yours from?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Nice, I seen these in reality if done right they look so real, where do you buy yours from?
    I get mine from my local hair stylist. I don’t want to ask her were she orders it, but I think it’s from a factory direct from china. All of these online places most likely use some of the same factories. I use a very thin v-looped base. It’s so thin in fact that you have to be really careful when removing it not to tear the base and it sheds hair since there are no knots. Once it’s on your skin it’s invisible up to about one inch away. I mean someone has to be literally within kissing distance and even then it can be difficult to see. These are not for long term use so you have to order a lot. You can buy one for less than $500 and cut it into a couple of smaller pieces. You can also make your own template say if you just want to fill in your hairline or bald spot. As long as you are ok with someone you are dating being able to feel it if they really dig into your hair, if the color is right and the density is right, it can look flawless. For me it was a great solution. If the general public knew that hairpieces can be like this, no one would make fun of them and it would help a lot of guys from needlessly suffering.

Any pictures? Before I went on the big 3 I went to a uk stylist who fits and sells them, she showed me her client and the piece was amazing. Luckily I done well and still am doing well on the big 3 for now, never know what the future holds so a piece might be a good investment as emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Any pictures? Before I went on the big 3 I went to a uk stylist who fits and sells them, she showed me her client and the piece was amazing. Luckily I done well and still am doing well on the big 3 for now, never know what the future holds so a piece might be a good investment as emergency.
    Honestly, it's hard to really show you how good it looks without revealing my face, which is not something I am comfortable with. Closeups of hairlines are very misleading. I met one guy who worked for a big name and very expensive place here in SoCal, who was trying to sell me on going to this place. The hairline looked flawless in the pics. He showed me combed back pics and everything. When I went to meet with him, he was waiting outside of the coffee place we were meeting at and I could see he was wearing a rug from across the street. It was horrendous and this place charges like $3000 for a piece and makes all kinds of claims of working with people in the movies and TV.

You’re just going to have to take my word for it, I’m really happy!

Interesting. I'm glad you were able to make peace with your hair loss and thank you for coming back to the forum to share. I don't think wigs are for me, but I've often wondered what it is like to wear one.

Does it ever feel too hot? I would imagine it would feel like wearing a hat. Are you concerned that it might aggravate your hair loss? Do you wear the hair piece all the time --swimming, showering, etc? Do you ever get tired of it? Have you ever found yourself in embarrassing situations, e.g. a strong gust of wind blows it off in front of other people? If so, how did you handle it? Do most people in your life know you have a hairpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Interesting. I'm glad you were able to make peace with your hair loss and thank you for coming back to the forum to share. I don't think wigs are for me, but I've often wondered what it is like to wear one.

Does it ever feel too hot? I would imagine it would feel like wearing a hat. Are you concerned that it might aggravate your hair loss? Do you wear the hair piece all the time --swimming, showering, etc? Do you ever get tired of it? Have you ever found yourself in embarrassing situations, e.g. a strong gust of wind blows it off in front of other people? If so, how did you handle it? Do most people in your life know you have a hairpiece?
    The first day or two you can feel it, but he membrane is so thin after a couple of days you don’t even know you are wearing anything. Your brain just adjusts to it. Now I can remove it and replace it and I feel like there is nothing on my head ever. Since I only cover about 3 inches front to back, it never makes me feel hot. It will loosen up after a few days, especially if you exercise a lot, but all you have to do is lift the edge and kind of tack it down using some glue and a q-tip. It takes a little practice but it is no big deal once you get the feel for it.

Now that I wear hair, the wind is no longer my enemy. The bond is very strong, you would really have to pull on it to even loosen it a little and your skin might come off if someone pulled your hair after a fresh glue. I feel much less embarrassed now than I did when I was worried about how my hair loss made me look.

The only people who know I wear is my wife, and family. My friends just said that they like my new haircut when I started wearing, since I kind of combed my hair forward before and was able to cover my hairline. Now I just comb it back and kind of let it fall naturally. I use a little gel and it holds really nicely. I wear it all the time, even at the beach and have had no problems. You just have to be on top of it and understand that you need to maintain it, remove it completely at least every 10 days or so and tack down the front edge every few days. The maintenance required is nothing compared to how much better I feel about the way I look everyday. I takes a little courage to go this way, but once you get past the stigma, you realize that it’s so nice that this option exists. I feel sorry for the people who refuse to even give it a chance. Just takes a good option off the table.

Laserhead, you are not in a club of one. I echo the points you made. I was in a bad place for years until I found hair systems and I have had no regrets ever since. In fact, its a new me. Looking younger and fitter. Its knocked years off me. Im in the UK

I'm also thinking about getting one, only thing I'm worried about is water contact. Do you use a waterproof glue? If not, do you have to avoid your hair getting wet in the shower or on a very rainy day?

no problem with rain or showering. Previously, I used concealer and that was a real water problem.

I usually have 18 showers between reattachments including washing my system with and without shampoo.

Once its on your head, the bond is solid and trusty. It aint coming off by wind, rain or high tide