+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy remove scabs with finger tip scrubbing without water

Hi,

I got a hair transplant with 5100 grafts and I had heavy scabbing and didnt have any visible shedding till the first 10 days. From the 11th day I started gently scrubbing the scalp with my finger tips (not under water), and the scabs use to come out and the density started reducing from the 12th day. Also, some hair was also attached to the scabs that came off. By the third week almost all transplanted hair fell off - I am concerned whether I pulled out my grafts or whether this was normal. Just to clarify, I had absolutely no bleeding, not a single drop of blood that i could see from day 4 or day 5 - while referring scabs i mean the white flakes that are sort of attached to the skin. I am very worried about the transplant results. It has been 1 month 13 days post operation and I dont see any hair sprouting.

marora,

You did not lose any grafts.

Ideally, the crusts remove more easily when the scalp is wet and using vitamin e oil or even just the shampoo to soften them up.

It sounds like you removed most of them by now?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default yes

Yes...everything is gone now....however, few transplant hair never shed..around 20-30 i think and some of them have been growing...I just hope i have not lost the follicles and it was only the shaft.....major reduction and scrubbing was from day 13 onwards till day 21....by that time almost a lot of shafts were gone

I just replied and posted a pic in the completely wrong thread. It may prove helpful though. It's under the thread 'Any experience of removing transplanted hair with laser?'

If you were to have lost any grafts, then there would have been pronounced bleeding form the recipient sites where the incisions were made and the grafts placed.

Shedding of the grafts does not lose the underlying follicles...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hi Gillenator,

so its been almost 90 days now since the transplant and a lot of hairs have sprouted...my only concern is 'if this is it'....is there a possibility that all the hair have sprouted by day 90..I understand from various articles that full HT results may take approximately a year or even eighteen months...while i understand that the hair shaft will thicken and mature now, but i can a lot of space between existing hair shafts...may be some will get covered with the thickening but is it true that even on a best case basis all follicles will not sprout by the 90th day? I just want to understand whether any new hair is yet to sprout....