+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I have been visiting *** and other forums since 2004, and haven't seen nearly as much positive info in the past as that which has been passed around lately regarding what is up and coming in hair loss. It takes a certain kind of stupid to criticize someone like @hellhouser for being positive, and a certain amount of nativity to blanket your projections to 10 years after what has been released recently... Now could I be naive in believing something could be on the horizon in 5 years? Definitely, but I'm appalled at people that come in here criticizing someone like hell, arashi, or desmond after all the effort they've gone through to provide us with the information they have. I would like to offer a huge thanks for everyone's efforts in here, and remind those negatives nancy's that if you don't push nothing happens! The determined man finds a way, the other an excuse! You can criticize people in here all you want for making an effort, but it's those people you should be thanking for pushing everyone and not accepting complacency or contentment!

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Strange rebuttal coming from a guy who's gullible enough to believe 'researchers all over the world would prefer to get famous in 10 years rather than 3'

Oh well.
    uh." Because that '10 years' mark was pulled out of his ass. More so the fact that if they REALLY wanted to, they could get it done in months."

someone obviously never went to college.

i appreciate desmond for all his insights and dedication to everyone on this forum. hellrouser is a parasite that feeds on his own addiction that one day he'll have all his hair and life will be great when he's nearly at 4000 posts because he can't let it go that it'll be the next generation, not his, that will have the cure.

^ Good point. I agree.

Everything I've read us that hellhouser wants to see progress and has faith that with what has been made available to us is leading to the belief that something could be available in the near future... In failing to see where he is wrong for feeling or hoping that way...? At the end if the day nobody really knows when something will be available, but what's the harm in hoping? Isn't that why you're all here? I won't argue and derail this post anymore than I have which I apologize for doing, but quit barraging someone with insults for merely being positive! There is no doubt science is progressing so why are your low expectations any less unreasonable than hellhouser's high expectations? Things seem to be moving in the right direction and as many posters have said these scientists could be significantly further along than we even know! Let's all hope that something will be available for our generation and leave it at that!

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    uh." Because that '10 years' mark was pulled out of his ass. More so the fact that if they REALLY wanted to, they could get it done in months."

someone obviously never went to college.
    I haven't always seen eye to eye with hellouser. I don't agree with him on some things, however I would not attack him like you do. For what? Because he believes something might come sooner than 10 years?

I know guys like you. I know them perfectly. You are the same as UK and Maradona. You come to this forum, go to the cutting edge section and see a lot of potential treatments for the future. And then some time passes by and you see that those treatments might not come soon or that they are just not effective enough. And you get bitter and disappointed.

That is when you start lashing out on others, because you can't accept that you are losing hair and in your world that means everything to you.

Yeah it just might be that the cure will come in 20 years. However hair or no hair there still isn't any way to justify being a prick.

Do us a favor and go away like UK and Maradona did. Or that troll Scorpion guy whatever was his name.

I am hopeful that the cure will come in the next several years and expecting it to come in 15. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam1523 View Post
    Everything I've read us that hellhouser wants to see progress and has faith that with what has been made available to us is leading to the belief that something could be available in the near future... In failing to see where he is wrong for feeling or hoping that way...? At the end if the day nobody really knows when something will be available, but what's the harm in hoping? Isn't that why you're all here? I won't argue and derail this post anymore than I have which I apologize for doing, but quit barraging someone with insults for merely being positive! There is no doubt science is progressing so why are your low expectations any less unreasonable than hellhouser's high expectations? Things seem to be moving in the right direction and as many posters have said these scientists could be significantly further along than we even know! Let's all hope that something will be available for our generation and leave it at that!
    There's nothing wrong with hoping as long as we don't confuse hope with fact. Hellouser's optimism is not based on fact and here's why:

1. First, Hellouser talks as though it's a given that cell-based hair researchers are on the cusp of finding all of the necessary information needed to make cell-based hair treatments work. This is not a given. They may have a long way to go. There may be more than one hurdle to cross and I think that the evidence indicates that there is. First of all, we know that there is the issue of trichogenicity and when Dr. Gardner was talking to us he raised another issue: the fact that the scalp fat cells are reduced. This reduced fat cell problem is not a minor problem. If this problem is not solved then once they finally invent perfect follicles and implant them they could miniaturize in weeks without the proper amount of fat cells to send sufficient growth signals to the follicles. Dr. Gardner is talking about protocols to add fat cells to the lab culture for making lab follicles but from what he said they have not even begun to address the issue of reduced fat cells in the scalp and resolving other potential issues regarding the health of the scalp. So right now we know there are at least 2 hurdles that are not crossed yet and Hellouser expresses hope for a treatment in a few years. It could take 5 - 10 years for them to finish solving the trichogenicity problem and the unhealthy scalp issue. And then more obstacles could surface.

2. Hellouser talks about getting companies to take advantage of the Japanese laws that allow for early release in some Asian countries. We don't know that these companies will be agreeable to doing this. I just read where one company is going to spend about 39 months to do a phase 2 and that seems to indicate that they might not be willing to rush. I think that the idea that companies might be willing to take advantage of Asian laws to rush cell-based hair loss therapies to market is unfounded. They may; They may not. And if the won't deliver it to market early and they're going to take 39 months to do the phase 2 then you can add another 39 for phase 3 and then there's the waiting time while regulatory agencies review all of the material after phase 3 is completed. And once again, the companies that are starting phase 2 still do not have all of the pieces of the trichogenicity puzzle or the unhealthy scalp puzzle so really I predict a modest efficacy from these companies. I figure you will see results a little better than Aderans since the researchers still do not have all of the bugs worked out.

Based on the above 2 items I believe that unless we get lucky we are looking at easily 5 years and more likely 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    I haven't always seen eye to eye with hellouser. I don't agree with him on some things, however I would not attack him like you do. For what? Because he believes something might come sooner than 10 years?

I know guys like you. I know them perfectly. You are the same as UK and Maradona. You come to this forum, go to the cutting edge section and see a lot of potential treatments for the future. And then some time passes by and you see that those treatments might not come soon or that they are just not effective enough. And you get bitter and disappointed.

That is when you start lashing out on others, because you can't accept that you are losing hair and in your world that means everything to you.

Yeah it just might be that the cure will come in 20 years. However hair or no hair there still isn't any way to justify being a prick.

Do us a favor and go away like UK and Maradona did. Or that troll Scorpion guy whatever was his name.

I am hopeful that the cure will come in the next several years and expecting it to come in 15. Bye.

I've regrown everything from fin. waiting for cb0301 and pilofocus. I go to the cutting section because otherwise I wouldn't have known of these two future treatments. I look to the technologies that I can take advantage of in the near future WITHOUT being bitter nor disappointed because I believe the cure is REALISTICALLY NOT in UNDER 10 YEARS. And although that's a huge human accomplishment, it will so WORTH the for the longing to have maintainable hair NOW, rather than the next few decades of the amazing revolutionary science discoveries. I may come off as rude but I also try to convey the viewpoint NOT of the hopeful, but maybe the reality.