+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb China: "We have maintained DP hair-inductive characteristics using eCTGF in culture"

More great news everyone!

Exogenous connective tissue growth factor (eCTGF) preserves the hair-inductive ability of human dermal papilla cells

Medical School of Chinese People’s Liberation Army in collaboration with University of Pittsburgh
    doi: 10.1111/ics.12146
    Published: June 2014 in International Journal of Cosmetic Science

OBJECTIVE: We hypothesized that connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), a fibrogenic factor known to influence Wnt, BMP and TGF-b, could influence key signalling pathways in human dermal papilla cells. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of exogenous connective tissue growth factor on cultured human dermal papilla cells.

RESULTS: Connective tissue growth factor reduced proliferation rate of cultured human dermal papilla cells in a dose-dependent manner. Exogenous connective tissue growth factor increased the expression of cytoplasmic connective tissue growth factor, and increased mRNA expression of alkaline phosphatase and b-catenin,BMP2 and TGF-b2 in human dermal papilla cells. Versican mRNA level was suppressed and a small increase in a-smooth muscle actin protein expression was observed.

CONCLUSION: Exogenous connective tissue growth factor can preserve the innate hair-inductive ability of adult human dermal papilla cells in vitro cultures, which is controlled through the Wnt, BMP and TGF-b signalling pathways.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Here's some important excerpts from their paper:

"It has previously been shown that the interaction between dermal papilla cells and endothelial cells is a key factor in the regeneration of hair follicles."

"Connective tissue growth factor is found at its highest levels in the vascular tissue and the maturing chondrocytes of the embryo. While in adult skin, CTGF is largely absent but is restricted to the dermal papillae"

"We observed that exogenous CTGF in culture media could increase the expression of intracellular CTGF in hDPCs, which supports the hypothesis that CTGF exposure may affect Wnt, BMP and TGF-b signalling in the cells. The Wnt pathway contributes to the initiation of folliculogenesis. Activation of the Wnt pathway is thought to be the first mesenchymal signal involved in the epithelial–mesenchymal interaction of folliculogenesis. CTGF can activate Wnt pathway in the course of osteoblast differentiation and epithelial–mesenchymal transition."

Remember how Lauster's team had came to the conclusion that the only way to culture inductive DP cells is by co-culturing endothelial cells. Well, looks like they were definitely on the right track! It must be the CTGF produced by the endothelial cells that is allowing their DP cells to remain inductive. I'm forwarding this paper to them today!

Fascinating stuff guys. The DP inductivity puzzle is being solved! Better days are coming...stay strong :-)

Fascinating, I never thought the Chinese would be the ones paving the way. I wonder if the Taiwanese will use this method in their ongoing trial. Thanks for the post Desmond !

You're the man Des! Look how fast they are figuring this out. Also, you noticed at the congress that all the research was at least 18 months old, theyre probably further than they let on.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    More great news everyone!

Exogenous connective tissue growth factor (eCTGF) preserves the hair-inductive ability of human dermal papilla cells

Medical School of Chinese People’s Liberation Army in collaboration with University of Pittsburgh
    doi: 10.1111/ics.12146
    Published: June 2014 in International Journal of Cosmetic Science

OBJECTIVE: We hypothesized that connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), a fibrogenic factor known to influence Wnt, BMP and TGF-b, could influence key signalling pathways in human dermal papilla cells. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of exogenous connective tissue growth factor on cultured human dermal papilla cells.

RESULTS: Connective tissue growth factor reduced proliferation rate of cultured human dermal papilla cells in a dose-dependent manner. Exogenous connective tissue growth factor increased the expression of cytoplasmic connective tissue growth factor, and increased mRNA expression of alkaline phosphatase and b-catenin,BMP2 and TGF-b2 in human dermal papilla cells. Versican mRNA level was suppressed and a small increase in a-smooth muscle actin protein expression was observed.

CONCLUSION: Exogenous connective tissue growth factor can preserve the innate hair-inductive ability of adult human dermal papilla cells in vitro cultures, which is controlled through the Wnt, BMP and TGF-b signalling pathways.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Here's some important excerpts from their paper:

"It has previously been shown that the interaction between dermal papilla cells and endothelial cells is a key factor in the regeneration of hair follicles."

"Connective tissue growth factor is found at its highest levels in the vascular tissue and the maturing chondrocytes of the embryo. While in adult skin, CTGF is largely absent but is restricted to the dermal papillae"

"We observed that exogenous CTGF in culture media could increase the expression of intracellular CTGF in hDPCs, which supports the hypothesis that CTGF exposure may affect Wnt, BMP and TGF-b signalling in the cells. The Wnt pathway contributes to the initiation of folliculogenesis. Activation of the Wnt pathway is thought to be the first mesenchymal signal involved in the epithelial–mesenchymal interaction of folliculogenesis. CTGF can activate Wnt pathway in the course of osteoblast differentiation and epithelial–mesenchymal transition."

Remember how Lauster's team had came to the conclusion that the only way to culture inductive DP cells is by co-culturing endothelial cells. Well, looks like they were definitely on the right track! It must be the CTGF produced by the endothelial cells that is allowing their DP cells to remain inductive. I'm forwarding this paper to them today!

Fascinating stuff guys. The DP inductivity puzzle is being solved! Better days are coming...stay strong :-)

You know Desmond this kind of science is all about finding ways to make exo-follicles for implantation into the scalp. That means this science is all about hair transplants. Hair transplants rely on the artistic skill of the surgeon and even luck. For this reason I think it would be smarter to simply inject growth factors into the skin to enlarge the shrunken follicles we already have in our scalps. This way direction and angle will all be perfect. Histogen was going to do this for us but they are taking forever. On the other hand, AAPE/HARG is already available so why not just use AAPE/HARG to enlarge the shrunken follicles that we already have?

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    You know Desmond this kind of science is all about finding ways to make exo-follicles for implantation into the scalp. That means this science is all about hair transplants. Hair transplants rely on the artistic skill of the surgeon and even luck. For this reason I think it would be smarter to simply inject growth factors into the skin to enlarge the shrunken follicles we already have in our scalps. This way direction and angle will all be perfect. Histogen was going to do this for us but they are taking forever. On the other hand, AAPE/HARG is already available so why not just use AAPE/HARG to enlarge the shrunken follicles that we already have?
    Dude stop polluting these forums. No on wants to hear what latest idea you've latched onto as the solution. If you want to get that shit figure it out yourself and go do it somehow. We are all looking for tested and true solutions that we don't have to fly to some weird country and get from some sketchball. Just because you decided that something is your savior doesn't mean that it is, it would need to be proven and re-proven, and even still, as in the case of propecia, might not be the answer or an answer at all. You did the same thing with Nigam, stop being so desperate and make something of your life while real scientists figure this out.

Desmond, interesting stuff. I'd like to send it to Dr. Xu too, I think he'd find it interesting. We live in quite an amazing era. It's too bad hair falls out so quickly and all of this stuff is going to be so prohibitively expensive. Gotta get that money!

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Dude stop polluting these forums. No on wants to hear what latest idea you've latched onto as the solution. If you want to get that shit figure it out yourself and go do it somehow. We are all looking for tested and true solutions that we don't have to fly to some weird country and get from some sketchball. Just because you decided that something is your savior doesn't mean that it is, it would need to be proven and re-proven, and even still, as in the case of propecia, might not be the answer or an answer at all. You did the same thing with Nigam, stop being so desperate and make something of your life while real scientists figure this out.

Desmond, interesting stuff. I'd like to send it to Dr. Xu too, I think he'd find it interesting. We live in quite an amazing era. It's too bad hair falls out so quickly and all of this stuff is going to be so prohibitively expensive. Gotta get that money!
    Firstly, the idea of me starting a clinic in The Bahamas on my own is about as realistic as one person curing cancer. Look at all the help you needed to send one person to Korea, and that is a lot easier than opening up a clinic somewhere where I do not reside. Secondly, since you talk so cool about waiting for testing and re-testing and proving and re-proving treatment then stop your girlish griping about how it's going to take years to cure hair loss. You have posted dozens of girlish-griping posts about how it's going to take too long for a cure to market and here below is just one of your "Wah wah it's going to take too long" posts. I love how you wants us to beg movie stars to fund hair loss research as though that idea is a more realistic solution than opening an AAPE/HARG clinic somewhere where it's totally legal to do so. I could just see the video of you on TMZ begging movie stars for money for hair loss reseach. LOL! Anyway, here's one of your "Wah, wah, it's taking too long" to cure hair loss posts:

this forum is ridiculous. Who said that the cure is definitely here in ten years? How can that even be inferred? From what I've read, there's nothing but more frustration and decades to wait for anything cosmetically useful. Propecia has stopped anyone from developing a safer alternative, because it's hard to get funding. Follicle -creating stem cell options are retardedly far away and need to go through extensive testing even once they are fully realized. Cotsarellis didn't have anything good to say. Just because a lot of research into stem cells is being done doesn't mean that this has absolutely any impact on the lives of men who are not in their teens right now. Sure, if you're that young then the odds of you hitting your thirties without something positive coming to market are slim, but for the rest of us none of this is good news. Especially the fact that these guys can't get it together to raise 2 mil or even 20 mil, these are paltry sums in the grand scheme of things.

I think the next initiative that this forum should undertake is to work with someone like cotsarellis to find decent funding. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like elon musk was willing to throw down 20 mil on a cure if he sat down with someone like cotsarellis and hashed out the realities. How can we help connect these people?

Also, it's taking dr. xu ages to get back to me about crowdfunding, and Desmond, is there any way you can email cotsarellis and ask him if there's any way he'd be down to do a similar crowdfunding effort? I really think all we would need is to have him on video saying that 2 million would provide a better treatment than propecia, and we could easily raise the money. I don't think he would even need to go into specifics, he has enough credibility in the public sphere.

Great! So now you're saying The Bahamas is a "wierd country." LOL! Some people might think that sounds a little racist. I think it sounds racist. And of course a lone middle-class person sitting in western USA, such as myself, is not going to be able to open up a clinic in The Bahamas all by himself. But if I did find a way to get that done you would be trying to find ways to cut in line once the hard part of getting the clinic open got done. The reality is that you are more suited to griping like a girl because you have this problem rather than doing any work to try to solve your problem. And I didn't decide that AAPE/HARG is my savior, the scientists decided that for me:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20203417

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3269749/

http://www.jdsjournal.com/article/S0...306-5/abstract

http://news.yale.edu/2011/09/01/yale...-its-time-grow

You said I should let the real scientists figure this all out but the people in the studies above who are saying that adipose stem cell growth factors grow hair are what you (or anyone else) would call real scientists. And I have made something of myself. I make $70 grand a year and I drive a nifty sports car as you fritter away your time griping like a girl because researchers and big companies are taking too long to cure hair loss for you even though the tools are already available for you to regrow your hair if you could muster up the will to take advantage of the resources that are already available to you at this very moment. Instead of putting forth the effort to effectively solve your hair loss problem you instead dream-up funny solutions about bugging/stalking celebrities to ask them for money to cure your hair loss. LOL!!!!!

Dude stop polluting these forums. No on wants to hear what latest idea you've latched onto as the solution. If you want to get that shit figure it out yourself and go do it somehow.
    +1. Please stop cluttering this forum with your AAPE posts. Yes we've read them, no we're not interested. Just fly to Dr Nigam like you suggested on that other forum, have him inject you with it and report back to us. Oh and dont go complaining if your immune system starts to attack you after Nigam's injections, like Wesley, who almost died. Good luck, you'll need it !

BTW, awesome find Desmond !! Would love to learn some more about this !

so desmond, what does it say exactly in the paper?
    does it mean that DP cells can be cultured now with 100% gene expression?
    does that mean that jahoda and all other teams are able to multiply the cells without any problems now when they take this finding as reference for the culturing methods?
    is the puzzle finally solved or just another step towards finding the optimum?