Can WE do something to speed Histogen up??? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default Can WE do something to speed Histogen up???

    Hi all. To preface this, I'm a girl and I know most or all of you are men so hopefully it's okay if I post here.

    Like I'm sure many of you are, I'm incredibly frustrated with Histogen's lack of progress over the past couple of years. If funding is a problem, isn't there something we can do? Crowd fund them, tweet celebrities - there are a lot of balding celebrities who could fund the entire project and not even miss the money afterwards.

    It is just incredibly frustrating that the technology is there, and it works, and nothing is being done to bring it to us. The results for women were amazing, and they likely won't even do official trials for women until they are done with those for men. So in everyone's best interests, would people who need this treatment be willing to take action to force this forward?

    It is just annoying that I am getting the same email, word for word, that I got from them a year ago. Unless there is something they are hiding from the public, money is their problem, and it seems like it should be possible to raise the money. Especially for something like this that affects so many people. Again, plenty of balding millionaires and celebrities who would probably happily fund them to get their own hair back.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    What really upsets me is that:

    a) They have a working product that AT LEAST stops further loss, if not mild regrowth
    b) They have a working product that's said results lasts AT LEAST 2 years

    I don't know why they don't just release the damn product in Asia or go to Phase III already. I know these things take time and money, but they've been silent for so long now.

    If they think that they won't make billions of dollars from people who JUST want to maintain what they have now, they're dead wrong. I'd travel to another country and pay a hefty amount for guaranteed, safe maintenance for at least another two years. It's FAR more convenient than popping a pill every day or applying a topical every day.

    I really hope they're moving along and we just don't know about it. But until I see evidence of such, I'm writing Histogen off.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoInchCircle View Post
    What really upsets me is that:

    a) They have a working product that AT LEAST stops further loss, if not mild regrowth
    b) They have a working product that's said results lasts AT LEAST 2 years

    I don't know why they don't just release the damn product in Asia or go to Phase III already. I know these things take time and money, but they've been silent for so long now.
    I'd like to hear a non-corporate BS answer from Gail Naughton on this:

    Does Histogen give a damn about giving us a treatment any time soon?

    They've been pulling our legs for years now and it's about time one of these biotechs released their damn product; intercytex, aderans, replicel, follica, histogen, latisse, etc.

    So far NONE of these guys have made a lick of a difference and they've only reinforced the feeling from hair loss sufferers that biotechs just don't give a shit. It's become a joke.

    WHAT IS THE REAL REASON FOR THEIR DELAYS?!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I'd like to hear a non-corporate BS answer from Gail Naughton on this:

    Does Histogen give a damn about giving us a treatment any time soon?

    They've been pulling our legs for years now and it's about time one of these biotechs released their damn product; intercytex, aderans, replicel, follica, histogen, latisse, etc.

    So far NONE of these guys have made a lick of a difference and they've only reinforced the feeling from hair loss sufferers that biotechs just don't give a shit. It's become a joke.

    WHAT IS THE REAL REASON FOR THEIR DELAYS?!

    quoted for truth

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Hi Nilli57211,

    Well it's nice to have more girls on the forum. More balance
    I understand your frustration, and that for women the options are further restricted since they cannot take finasteride.

    Histogen are currently raising money for their next phase, which I have posted more info on the thread 'Histogen news' here. I got more info directly from them, see the thread here:

    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...gen-news/page4

    Their goal is $20M and there may be around $6M in shares still available for potential investors, to reach that target.

    I like the idea of making celebrities or wealthy individuals aware of the possible investment, but my first thought is that if anything, if it is done it should be done tactfully and with respect.
    Also it's probably better looking for people who want to make investments.

    It occurs to me that perhaps hair surgeons themselves might want to invest (seems like a win-win situation to me). A treatment that could bring them a lot of customers, expand their customer base, and give a return on their investment.

    You know, i think they would also be more likely to get more hair transplant customers, if we know we can keep/boost/regrow our existing hair - it makes an HT a more viable option for a much wider range of people.
    (i.e. women (no finasteride to prevent further loss), higher norwoods and those destined to be higher norwoods etc.)

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    Hi Nilli57211,

    Well it's nice to have more girls on the forum. More balance
    I understand your frustration, and that for women the options are further restricted since they cannot take finasteride.

    Histogen are currently raising money for their next phase, which I have posted more info on the thread 'Histogen news' here. I got more info directly from them, see the thread here:

    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...gen-news/page4

    Their goal is $20M and there may be around $6M in shares still available for potential investors, to reach that target.

    I like the idea of making celebrities or wealthy individuals aware of the possible investment, but my first thought is that if anything, if it is done it should be done tactfully and with respect.
    Also it's probably better looking for people who want to make investments.

    It occurs to me that perhaps hair surgeons themselves might want to invest (seems like a win-win situation to me). A treatment that could bring them a lot of customers, expand their customer base, and give a return on their investment.

    You know, i think they would also be more likely to get more hair transplant customers, if we know we can keep/boost/regrow our existing hair - it makes an HT a more viable option for a much wider range of people.
    (i.e. women (no finasteride to prevent further loss), higher norwoods and those destined to be higher norwoods etc.)
    It's good that Histogen is at least planning to move forward. I'm happy to hear that, and thanks for that news. However, the delays have been pissing me off for years now. In the past two years, nothing has happened. I remember reading about Histogen in 2010 and being so excited that we would likely have something by 2015. And now - they won't. Even if everything goes perfectly, it will be 2016 at the VERY earliest for men, and even later than that for women. No one's getting any younger. I don't want to be an old lady by the time they release a product! I thought I would at least be able to enjoy my 30s with the thick head of hair that I used to have, but now it's becoming more and more doubtful. And it's not even that their product sucks, it's the damn delays because of unrelated issues.

    Hair surgeons are a good idea for sure. I was thinking celebrities because in general, actors and musicians have more money, by orders of magnitude, than anyone. They have so much money that, as I said, one of them could singlehandedly fund the entire project and not miss the money at all. Perhaps both surgeons and celebrities lol. The more help, the better. On the women's hair loss board, I suggested that we contact female celebrities to fund trials for female hair loss - although in the case of celebrities, this sort of investment would likely be publicized. It would especially be a problem with women, since female hair loss is much more stigmatized than male - no woman would want the whole world knowing she suffers from hair loss, so they might be hesitant to get involved, because the tabloids would be speculating: Is **** ***** Losing Her Hair???

    Anything that we can do to make sure that they waste a little bit less time and just get moving ASAP would be good.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
    I was thinking celebrities because in general, actors and musicians have more money, by orders of magnitude, than anyone. They have so much money that, as I said, one of them could singlehandedly fund the entire project and not miss the money at all. Perhaps both surgeons and celebrities lol. The more help, the better. On the women's hair loss board, I suggested that we contact female celebrities to fund trials for female hair loss - although in the case of celebrities, this sort of investment would likely be publicized. It would especially be a problem with women, since female hair loss is much more stigmatized than male - no woman would want the whole world knowing she suffers from hair loss, so they might be hesitant to get involved, because the tabloids would be speculating: Is **** ***** Losing Her Hair???

    Anything that we can do to make sure that they waste a little bit less time and just get moving ASAP would be good.
    I actually tried to spreads some awareness for tinnitus a couple years back and upon doing some research found that many celebrities have it too. I contacted the American Tinnitus Association and asked why aren't more celebrities vocal about the condition, spreading awareness and such. The answer I got from the ATA's public relations contact was that celebrities are hesitant to do so because they'll be seen as someone with a 'disability' that would hinder their job opportunities. Now, that's pretty funny since Tinnitus is invisible...

    ...but

    If they come out about their hair... that could ruin their career forever.

    So essentially, we need someone with as much integrity as they have courage to go out and do something for this cause.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
    It's good that Histogen is at least planning to move forward. I'm happy to hear that, and thanks for that news. However, the delays have been pissing me off for years now. In the past two years, nothing has happened. I remember reading about Histogen in 2010 and being so excited that we would likely have something by 2015. And now - they won't. Even if everything goes perfectly, it will be 2016 at the VERY earliest for men, and even later than that for women. No one's getting any younger. I don't want to be an old lady by the time they release a product! I thought I would at least be able to enjoy my 30s with the thick head of hair that I used to have, but now it's becoming more and more doubtful. And it's not even that their product sucks, it's the damn delays because of unrelated issues.

    Anything that we can do to make sure that they waste a little bit less time and just get moving ASAP would be good.
    Hi Nili, I'm sorry that you have to go through this a s a woman.
    And you the same as me have been reading about Histogen from their early days. However the only waywecould help them speed up the process is by finding them investors or becoming investors ourselves. However as you might guess the forum members as individuals are not ultra rich, they are mostly well off and some unfortunately worse.
    So that becomes a problem. It might seem frustrating but thats the way it is.
    In all honesty we will see a lot of interim treatments (CB, Replicel, Histogen) coming at the end of the decade. Which means another several years in the limbo...

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    My guess is that it will be available in the 2017-2020 timeframe, not sooner not later. Clinical trials takes a lot of time. When we will get there, we will have enough options until we get "gene editing" therapy by 2030.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderBang View Post
    My guess is that it will be available in the 2017-2020 timeframe, not sooner not later. Clinical trials takes a lot of time. When we will get there, we will have enough options until we get "gene editing" therapy by 2030.
    gene editing won't bring our hair back. even if gene editing techniques become common in 20 years, nobody would take that high risk only to become hairloss-proof.

    further, i have a feeling that histogen will never come out. something is wrong with that company. i'm just waiting on the day when they announce that everything is canceled and not researched anymore. like it happened with aderans. all of those companies are hiding something or are too incompetent to get the treatment ready. same with follica.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 10:30 AM
  2. Speed of hair loss
    By blahblah in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 08:57 AM
  3. Get Me Up To Speed ...
    By Whitehart in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 11:33 AM
  4. Speed of the loss
    By Cr779 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 09:13 PM
  5. Question about speed of baldness..?
    By r82 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Dr Rahal - 2005 Grafts - FUE
Today 06:05 AM
by mattj
Last Post By mattj
Today 06:05 AM
Increased Sex Drive from Finasteride?
12-26-2017 07:22 PM
Last Post By Doktordisko
Today 03:31 AM
Where to order full caps that last? (No tangling in the nape)
01-12-2018 03:01 PM
Last Post By grincher
Today 12:52 AM
Am i receding? Balding? Maturing??
Yesterday 02:03 PM
Last Post By mrclean
Yesterday 10:17 PM
15 and going bald? Help?
Yesterday 01:49 PM
Last Post By ReeceBaird
Yesterday 01:49 PM
Am i going bald?
01-12-2018 05:53 PM
Last Post By Jamessmith
Yesterday 11:19 AM