+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Finasteride dosing efficacy

Anyone here experiment with varying doses of finasteride and observed what works well?

For example, would taking 1mg every other day be effective? I ask because I notice a lot of fatigue during the day if I take 1mg every day, but not when I take .6mg or .3mg per day. I read a study from some years ago that suggests doses low as .2mg per day lowered DHT comparably to 1mg of finasteride, but I for some reason am skeptical it will be as effective at helping regrow hair or stop hairloss at such a low dose.

1 mg every 3 days suppressed about 90% as much serum DHT as 1 mg ED.

Dose and frequency generally does not matter, since finasteride is extremely effective over cumulative doses.

I use 1mg every other day past 3 years been holding well, I did use everyday had sides so every other day is great.

Thanks guys. Btw, RedStaR, was there any specific study you are citing with that 90 percent figure?

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryUser View Post
    Thanks guys. Btw, RedStaR, was there any specific study you are citing with that 90 percent figure?
    http://www.speedyshare.com/99YMf/dow...-Forum-USA.pdf

Thanks a lot.

I've winged it but I do 1mg in the am and 1 mg in the pm. I realize that may be a waste of money, but it works for me. For a couple years I added .5 Dust to that and had even better results. I understand there may not be any science behind it, but it worked exceptional for me. I've always used cheapo minox as well.

I've ordered some Dust to add again. I found Dr. Reddy products to work very well.

My brother is now bald, my reversed, and I have a thick, full head of hair. I called in all guns as soon as I started seeing MPB and thinning on top.

Thanks for sharing, USMC. I suppose it's finding the dose such that you get optimal results with minimal side effects--which is fairly difficult to do. In due time I guess I will find the best method for me, though I don't even know if my hair is salvageable at this point May have to just surrender.

Were you experiencing a diffuse thinning before it thickened up to your full head of hair now? Because I have been having a uniform thinning for a year now (which I suspect rogaine to be the culprit in accelerating this process), and if finasteride can't help address this problem then I should just quit now.

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryUser View Post
    Thanks for sharing, USMC. I suppose it's finding the dose such that you get optimal results with minimal side effects--which is fairly difficult to do. In due time I guess I will find the best method for me, though I don't even know if my hair is salvageable at this point May have to just surrender.

Were you experiencing a diffuse thinning before it thickened up to your full head of hair now? Because I have been having a uniform thinning for a year now (which I suspect rogaine to be the culprit in accelerating this process), and if finasteride can't help address this problem then I should just quit now.
    Here's the problem..... I always overdo things. I change the oil in my new cars at 500 miles, 1,000, and then at 7,000. I run Amsoil and I change my transmission fluid at 20,000 and same for the diffs.

So I saw my brother going bald (I guess Propecia worked well for him and he just stopped. He's 3 years older. I noticed the typical MPB on the back of my head. My mom then said my top was thing and it was on. I'll be back later to finish up.

Excuse typos do to iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStaR View Post
    1 mg every 3 days suppressed about 90% as much serum DHT as 1 mg ED.

Dose and frequency generally does not matter, since finasteride is extremely effective over cumulative doses.
    I didn't know that every 3 days was that effective thanks.