+ Reply to Thread

Default So, Desmond, what's with that website?

As far as I can remember Desmond said that the Lauster team will launch a website in a month, which will explain their method and stuff ( and I thing this would be a good sign that things are actually going in the good way). This was like a month ago, so....

Desmond, do you have any information of what is the situation of this, have you heard anything from them since?

Thanks for everything, you are great man.

Only new thing I've found from Lauster's team is this video:

I've posted this site before:

http://www.tissuse.com/

It's Dr. Uwe Marx's site, one of Dr. Lauster's team members. But I'm not sure if his work is going to be based on hair follicle creation.

" Oh also, I have some promising news for everyone :-) as I said before the German team have progressed significantly and under the radar for over 5 years now. I just received an email for Dr Lindner that they will be launching their hair multiplication website in the next 4 weeks, which will explain a lot of their work and findings. That is definitely a good sign in my eyes :-) "

He said this. Its the #723 on the Whrc thread. And its been more than 4 weeks now...

Quote Originally Posted by artika View Post
    He said this. Its the #723 on the Whrc thread. And its been more than 4 weeks now...
    You should know by now that any timeline given should be taken with a grain of salt and multiplied by 10.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I've posted this site before:

http://www.tissuse.com/

It's Dr. Uwe Marx's site, one of Dr. Lauster's team members. But I'm not sure if his work is going to be based on hair follicle creation.
    Hell-

Off topic, but you made a post a while back in reference to how those with hair loss are looked down upon and you gave the name of a social theory that described the underlying idea behind such judgments, something like there being a limited amount of coolness in the world and by taking some away from another you got more for yourself. Is there any chance you could respond with the name of the theory? I forgot it and can't find it in old posts. Thanks, b

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Hell-

Off topic, but you made a post a while back in reference to how those with hair loss are looked down upon and you gave the name of a social theory that described the underlying idea behind such judgments, something like there being a limited amount of coolness in the world and by taking some away from another you got more for yourself. Is there any chance you could respond with the name of the theory? I forgot it and can't find it in old posts. Thanks, b
    Likely the 'Positional Good Theory' (which was featured on Big Bang Theory);

There’s an economic concept known as a positional good in which an object is only valued by the possessor because it’s not possessed by others. The term was coined in 1976 by economist Fred Hirsch to replace the more colloquial, but less precise neener-neener.

Essentially my argument is that anyone with hair, doesn't want those without to be on the same playing field as them as it jeopardizes their social standing. How else would they know their comfort if it weren't for the misfortune of others?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Likely the 'Positional Good Theory' (which was featured on Big Bang Theory);

There’s an economic concept known as a positional good in which an object is only valued by the possessor because it’s not possessed by others. The term was coined in 1976 by economist Fred Hirsch to replace the more colloquial, but less precise neener-neener.

Essentially my argument is that anyone with hair, doesn't want those without to be on the same playing field as them as it jeopardizes their social standing. How else would they know their comfort if it weren't for the misfortune of others?
    Thanks, that's it exactly. You are right on with this. As I think you've commented before, the smug satisfaction and judgmental stares one gets from others is one of the most frustrating aspects of dealing with mpb. I'll never understand why a stranger would care so much about another person's hair, but I guess it somehow feeds their own ego.

There's an 80's B horror movie with actor robert Forster called alligator in which there's an underlying story of him dealing with various comments about his hair loss. I would recommend it for anyone in the HL community with a tolerance for or interest in that type of movie.

Hi my man, the website is definitely on its way. I'll post the details as soon as they let me know. Dr Lindner and Atac are amazing people and I'm sure they're eagerly waiting for it as well. They sounded really excited about it actually!

Hey guys I just want to say that making a website is not a trivial matter. You can't believe how many touch ups, testing and additional user requirements are there. If they are not using a template for the css part and the design then they have to deal with that as well. Lets not get started on the server side code and database code.