Hair Growth Promoting Solution (Chlorine Dioxide)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Travbedaman
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by oppenheimer82
    the inventor handed out 1 month trial samples to two dozen forum members. i find this quite remarkable
    Actually, he mailed out 2 samples per person, and each sample is for 6 months.

Comment

• Agahi
      • May 2014

Not sure anyone has received the samples yet. I have not.

Comment

• oppenheimer82
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Travbedaman
        Actually, he mailed out 2 samples per person, and each sample is for 6 months.
        and to how many persons?

Comment

• Travbedaman
          • Apr 2012

and to how many persons?

Comment

• oppenheimer82
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Travbedaman
            thanks mate. very, very impressive. i hope the guy is legit.

Comment

• JDW
              • Mar 2012

Yeah he has mailed out a years worth to 21 people (including me)
              Am going to proceed with caution on a small area but he's either super confident of his product or happy to throw money away, these sample test will be 100% documented...let's see what happens

Comment

• oppenheimer82
                • Apr 2013

People are starting to get their free samples left and right. This is looking good. Whe are not more people talking about this? 21 people are about to trial this and free stuff has been given.

Comment

• kantian
                  • Jul 2014

If you go look at the pictures on his website, they don't look that great. Perhaps the chlorine dioxide kills the hair, and when it all comes back, it looks like fresh hair. But if you look at the pictures before and after treatment, they're not very convincing.

The thread in Hair Loss Help has all this info.

Comment

• oppenheimer82
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by kantian
                    If you go look at the pictures on his website, they don't look that great. Perhaps the chlorine dioxide kills the hair, and when it all comes back, it looks like fresh hair. But if you look at the pictures before and after treatment, they're not very convincing.

The thread in Hair Loss Help has all this info.
                    stop bitching and whining. at least 21 people (and maybe more than 30) are going to trial this, it didn't cost them a dime. the inventor of this method payed for everything: the products, shipping etc etc. i have never ever seen this in my entire life. can you name me one other person in the hairloss industry who conducted the same thing? stop trolling and wait for the participants to either grow hair or not.

Comment

• rhysmorgan
                      • Jan 2014

It would be good if we tabulate results, what medication people are on, people's history of medication, whether or not they've had a transplant etc. and then photos from each person at certain stages, with a certain haiurcut, although it would be a miracle to get everyone to comply!

Comment

• Jazz1
                        • Aug 2012

stop bitching and whining. at least 21 people (and maybe more than 30) are going to trial this, it didn't cost them a dime. the inventor of this method payed for everything: the products, shipping etc etc. i have never ever seen this in my entire life. can you name me one other person in the hairloss industry who conducted the same thing? stop trolling and wait for the participants to either grow hair or not.

I agree we should be working as a community to help find a solution to a cure.

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

There's a published paper with a patent on the use of chlorine dioxide for hair growth:

本发明提供了一种包含二氧化氯的外用生发溶液,其由二氧化氯或二氧化氯前体、pH调节剂和医用溶剂及植物提取物按一定重量配比制成。产品的形式可以为含有二氧化氯的单一溶液或者包含二氧化氯前体的若干份溶液组合。本发明将二氧化氯的安全、高效的氧化杀菌、组织重生的能力引入到生发溶液体系中,真正实现,去除脱发因素,刺激毛囊生长,消炎去屑同步完成。再辅之于医用溶剂和植物提取物,全方位改变脱发环境,同时实现了:抑制5α还原酶;消除DHT;增加药物渗透;消炎去屑;增加毛囊养分供应;刺激毛囊再生。使不需要长期用药而治愈雄性激素脱发成为可能。

Here's an excerpt from the article:

Currently involved in hair growth process of chlorine dioxide used in patents U.S. Patent US5750108, Publication date was May 12, 1998, the patent discloses a concentration of 100-1000PPM chlorine dioxide solution through the scalp treated with the method for male hair loss hair growth hormone. The patent mentioned, chlorine dioxide can inhibit 5 α reductase, thus eliminating DHT; chlorine dioxide at the same time be able to stimulate growth of new hair follicles, but also has anti-dandruff effect. However, due to low concentration of chlorine dioxide does not play maximum capacity, so there is no significant improvement in hair growth effect situation. Chinese Patent Application 201010129785.4 "containing chlorine dioxide shampoo" (Publication No. CN101785745A, Publication date of July 28, 2010) discloses a method for removing chlorine dioxide dandruff shampoo. The present invention utilizes only the bactericidal effect of chlorine dioxide.
                          So, looks like its another topical DHT inhibitor, at least.

Also note that Regenix uses a similar approach. Here's the patent on that:

A method for hair treatment is disclosed wherein a first treatment solution comprising tea tree oil is periodically applied to the scalp for at least 10 days. Then, a second treatment solution comprising chlorine dioxide is periodically applied to the scalp, immediately followed by application of an acidic solution having an acidity effective to release the oxygen in the chlorine dioxide solution, for at least 1 month. Finally, a third treatment solution comprising saw palmetto berry extract is periodically applied to the scalp for at least 1 month. Also disclosed is a hair treatment kit comprising a first treatment solution comprising tea tree oil, a second treatment solution comprising chlorine dioxide, an acidic solution having a pH effective to release the oxygen from said chlorine dioxide in said second treatment solution, and a third treatment solution comprising saw palmetto berry extract.

Comment

• kantian
                            • Jul 2014

So anybody who adds less than positive information is "bitching"? What am I complaining about actually? I made no complaints.

I just think it's probably not all that effective from the pictures I've seen. I'll be glad if I'm wrong, and I'll pay top dollar to get it.

Comment

• oppenheimer82
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by kantian
                              So anybody who adds less than positive information is "bitching"? What am I complaining about actually? I made no complaints.

I just think it's probably not all that effective from the pictures I've seen. I'll be glad if I'm wrong, and I'll pay top dollar to get it.
                              no worries mate, i forgive you.

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Well, I hate to burst everyone's bubble but I looked into the chlorine dioxide evidence and the guy behind it appears to be another Nigam. Here's what I found:

He posted two images, one 'before' and one 68 days 'after' photo. However, looking into the EXIF data on the image shows the photos are only TWO days apart:

^Click image for larger view.

Further more, when reverse searching the photos I came across THIS web page:

When translated to English, it claims that the treatment for the hair loss is via stem cells (no such treatment exists).

The photos searched for were found on Hair Loss Help in the chlorine dioxide thread with liuxuewu's 'evidence' shown on this page 2 which can be found here:

Comment

Working...