+ Reply to Thread

Default Am i balding or Maturing im only 21 nearly 22 (Pictures)

Hi im realy worried about my hair ive noticed my hair thinning just on the widows peak and now i no longer have a widows peak its just little thinning hairs there left i havent realy noticed any other bad receding anywhere else yet just need some opinions would be appreciated from someone who knows what there talking about thinking on going to see an expert over it

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1220_1.jpg

Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	33826

Name:	IMAG1221_1.jpg

Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	33827

Name:	IMAG1239_1.jpg

Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	33828

Name:	IMAG1251_1.jpg

Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	33829

Name:	IMAG1255_1.jpg

Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	33830

Name:	IMAG1259_1.jpg

Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	33831

*bump* any help?

hard to say. your hair looks great from the pics you posted, but there might be some thinning/maturing of the hairline by the temples. sending your pics to someone who specializes in hair loss would be your best bet as far as an opinion.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

[QUOTE=lquinno;180265]Hi im realy worried about my hair I've noticed my hair thinning just on the widows peak and now i no longer have a widows peak its just little thinning hairs there left i havent realy noticed any other bad receding anywhere else yet just need some opinions would be appreciated from someone who knows what there talking about thinking on going to see an expert over it

It's very common for young men to be concerned about recession. Recession happens to nearly all men. A little thinning at the peak shouldn't be a concern. Noticeable thinning or miniaturization is something to be concerned about, particularly if there is a history of hair loss in your family. Finasteride and Rogaine help a little.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 07:35 PM.

yeah my dad had a bad hairline from what i remember he was balding at about 24 receding heavily at the temples but i dont know if he is bald as i havent seen him since i was 3 but on the other hand my mothers father had a strong head of hair even at 50 but i know it can go both ways either ill go bald or keep strong hair personaly i think i may start receding soon

Name:	IMAG1265_1.jpg

Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	33891

Name:	IMAG1263_1.jpg

Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	33892

pictures of my dads hair 21-25

Hey!

Your hair looks great and believe me you've made a huge step in accepting the possibility of hair loss at your age! By addressing the situation now you could potentially keep a full head of hair for a long time despite your inherited genetics from your father. I am 22 years old, I noticed some irregularities at 17 which quite literally ruined me, literally feel tears coming on as i write this because i can remember the pain and mental torture. But that's why I am here, to save you those years of pain.

Looking at your hair now and what you have said about your father, I would 100% start taking Propecia. Boots online pharmacy will send it discreetly to your home address. £90 for 3 months supply so £1 per day to keep your hair and potentially experience some (or a lot) regrowth and thickening. Propecia is one of the only proven supplements to work! And trust me, it works! My hairline was far more severe than yours and now its great! I've been taking propecia for 18 months and the changes are incredible! I'm so happy! My hairline is nearly straight! So please start taking propecia, have that piece of mind that it's not going anywhere soon and you could even grow some back!

If you want some expert, professional advice, book a free consultation with ziering! They will assess you and do everything they can to ensure you keep your hair! They aren't after your money, i've been sent away by them so many times because they want to look out for my future not my impulsive past.

From one young man to another, no matter how much this gets you down don't lose hope! There is always a solution!

Message me if you wanna talk! I have so many solutions, all of which I have tried and work!

Peter Parker

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lquinno View Post
    yeah my dad had a bad hairline from what i remember he was balding at about 24 receding heavily at the temples but i dont know if he is bald as i havent seen him since i was 3 but on the other hand my mothers father had a strong head of hair even at 50 but i know it can go both ways either ill go bald or keep strong hair personaly i think i may start receding soon.
    Here's an oldie but goodie from WebMD:
    "May 27, 2005 -- Mothers may unwittingly put their sons on the path to baldness. Chalk it up to genetics, says European researchers. They include Markus Nöthen, a genomics professor at Germany's University of Bonn. Nöthen and colleagues say they've found a gene variation that may explain some cases of male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia), the most common form of hair loss, which is related to the male sex hormones. The suspect gene variation sits on the X chromosome, which is handed down to men by their mother."

Of course, MPB can be inherited from one bald guy generations back before cameras existed. To document the relative's degree of hair loss.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 07:34 PM.