+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default I fail to see why we gripe about Histogen

* It's ludicrous and weak to gripe about Histogen when a satisfactory replacement is achievable - AAPE/HARG. They are almost the same thing.

* Also, in order to get Histogen we have to wait until more studies are completed and for the manufacturer (Histogen) to release the treatment. But for AAPE/HARG all we have to do is set-up a shop in The Caribbean and put one doctor in the shop to order and dispense the AAPE/HARG. The treatment is already OK to release into parts of The Caribbean and the manufacturer is already willing to send the treatment to doctors in The Caribbean. This means it would be easier to get AAPE/HARG by far than to get Histogen at this time.

It's weak to gripe about Histogen when we could get AAPE/HARG, which is essentially the same thing as Histogen if not better.

Why are we wasting time trying to get Histogen? Histogen is years away. AAPE/HARG is almost the exact same as Histogen and it can be obtained now in the right situation.

There is nothing any of us can do to make Histogen obtainable now. Nothing. The company is not going to release Histogen until it completes clinical trials and gets approved for commercial use by governmental regulatory agencies. Right now Histogen is stuck in limbo and once it's unstuck it will require a few more years of testing. At minimum we're looking at 3 years until Histogen comes to market.

But a treatment that is almost the exact same thing as Histogen is potentially obtainable now. It's even approved for a few select locations and the company will release it to doctors who work in those few select locations.

If we use the other treatment instead of Histogen we will not have to wait for further testing or approval by regulatory agencies. All we would have to do is set up a clinic with a doctor in one of those select few locations and then we could have that doctor order that treatment from the company that manufacturers it and the company is already willing and able to supply the doctor with that medicine.

We could do a crowd-funding project to raise the money to open up a small clinic in The Bahamas with a doctor, and then we could start getting this medicine, which is almost the exact same thing as Histogen.

It would be a lot easier to do what I'm suggesting than it would be to get Histogen at this time. Histogen is years away but a clinic offering this other treatment could be up and running inside of 1 year. And the people who contributed to the crowd-funding could actually be part owners sharing in the profits.

I'm fairly new to the Hairloss community, but could someone tell me how Histogen is going to be any different from Minoxidil? And from what I've read it doesn't stop DHT, so you'd still need Propecia?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmAce View Post
    I'm fairly new to the Hairloss community, but could someone tell me how Histogen is going to be any different from Minoxidil? And from what I've read it doesn't stop DHT, so you'd still need Propecia?
    It may be more effective than minoxidil for many people, or could be used in addition to minoxidil for improved results. And from what I understand, one of the researchers was using it in place of Propecia with good results, so presumably it can counteract the damage caused by DHT to some degree.

Basically it should reawaken the follicles which are damaged after the DHT attacked them. Now sure they could still be susceptible to DHT but I think a 2 year mark after Phase 1 histogen trials showed that the patients maintained their hair line. Histogen has potential it does not have great effectivity but it is definitely usable. Unfortunately it is stuck until they find funding...

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Why are we wasting time trying to get Histogen? Histogen is years away. AAPE/HARG is almost the exact same as Histogen and it can be obtained now in the right situation. \
    AAPE/HARG, link?