+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Inhibiting DHT products.

Hello
    I’m new on this forum, I’m 24 years old. I began to lose my hair around 22 and I already trimmed my hair close to shaving it. I don’t feel that bad about it but it’s a bit frustrating to see my twin brother (same age, Duh!) with all his hair. Don’t have the money for transplant, and was wondering what people on this forum think of products like ********* that claim to cure baldness by inhibiting DHT (also I’m a bit confuse about what alopecia is). I imagine this are frequently asked question so if anyone can provide a link to a previous discussion of ********* it would be much appreciated.

p.s. Also if this post is in the wrong section, please tell me where I should post it, thank you.

I believe brands can’t be named? I must have missed that rule before posting. Since I’m asking about a specific product and similar ones can I at least say it starts with a T and ends with a D, without getting banned or something?

I think I hate this site because truth hurts. The whole thing could be summarize in one paragraph:
    There’s no cure for baldness. There are only two crappy, expensive; products that help pathetically slow down the process of going bald (with horrible side effects) and another that to some extent “permanently” “cures” baldness that is only for rich people. You should just put an announcement that says: “well update 20 or 30 years in the future when a REAL cure for baldness is discovered”. **** you all, and have a pleasant evening.

A 4 month supply of Proscar costs me around $100. If I decide to go with Minoxidil, I will buy a 6 month supply of Kirkland's brand for $35 shipped.

So...for $300 per year, I get to likely hold my hair loss off for around 10 years or so...and possibly regrow. If it doesn't work as well as I'd like, I can add Minoxidil for another $70 per year.

Total math with doctors visit, all cash out-of-pocket per year: arund $450

And if that doesn't work, you can try Avodart.

It could be worse....at least there's a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamui85 View Post
    I think I hate this site because truth hurts. The whole thing could be summarize in one paragraph:
    There’s no cure for baldness. There are only two crappy, expensive; products that help pathetically slow down the process of going bald (with horrible side effects) and another that to some extent “permanently” “cures” baldness that is only for rich people. You should just put an announcement that says: “well update 20 or 30 years in the future when a REAL cure for baldness is discovered”. **** you all, and have a pleasant evening.
    It’s always nice to see guys with such good attitudes sharing their well wishes here Holy cow, I know that you're upset about your hair loss but don’t take it out of everyone here guy. Go you the doctor and get a prescription for Propecia and take a chill!

Default Apologize and Advice Please.

I am an idiot. I acted immaturely. I am embarrassed and I sincerely want to apologize. I think I could have easily made another account to hide my shameful act, but maybe my experience would serve others to come and show that exploding and making rude and out of place comments due to their frustration and the depression of losing your hair isn’t going to take you anywhere. That said, I recognize there’s a reason people keep coming back to these forum and that’s because in the long run one realizes it’s one of the few, if not the only one, where one can find honest help. My respect and, again, deepest apologies to Spencer Kobren and Co. and every member of this forum for my previous post.
    That said I want to ask for advice one more time. I’m 25 and already buzz my head with a 1” and I don’t look that bad. My last wish is to try to maintain the shadow my remaining hair gives and prevent the completely fall of it. Propecia is out of the question for me as I am poor. My last hope resides in explaining to my doctor (I already made the appointment for sept.9) about MPB and asking for a prescription of generic 5 mg Finasteride and slice it in to fourths. Please any advice on this, good and bad results people have had doing this, and anything related. If it’s already been discussed in another post or site share the link. I am willing to post pictures when I commence taking it to document any progress.

It's cool man, the forums are really slow and it probably felt like you were getting ignored. Losing your hair ****ing sucks and that's all there is to it. You should post pictures of your hair loss if you can along with a timeline, that way you can get some peer feedback.

Several people online have had success using Proscar split into 4ths or 5ths, ranging from long term retention, moderate and even incredible regrowth.

You may have trouble getting Proscar from your Doctor, so if you do - you might try obtaining a prescription from an online doctor. By this, I don't suggest ordering the pills themselves online - rather obtaining a prescription that you can fill at your local pharmacy.

So my next questions are:

1-How do I explain my doctor I want 5 mg Finasteride for my hair loss instead of my prostate?
    2-As I explained before I won’t be able to get Propecia do to it being too expensive, does Proscar cost less money? If not, what are some of the best generic brands of 5mg Finasteride around? I heard my local pharmacy carries one branded “Dr. Ready” has anyone heard of it?
    3-And how DOES Finasteriade affect me if I don’t have any actual problems with my prostate?

I have to learn all I can before my appointment on sept.9; something tells me I’m going to have a hard time convincing/explaining the situation to my doctor.

1-How do I explain my doctor I want 5 mg Finasteride for my hair loss instead of my prostate?

I was unsuccessful at this and had to get a prescription for an online doctor. If your doctor understand the medications and is lenient, he may have no issues with prescribing Proscar. They are exactly the same medication in different doses. Tell him you intend to cut each pill into 5 pieces.

2-does Proscar cost less money?

Proscar is considerably less expensive than Propecia. Try to go name brand Proscar, no matter what anyone tells you. It's around $120 for a 150 doses of Proscar cut into 1/5ths. If you cut into fourths, you will get 120 doses. (Prescription filled at local Walgreens). Propecia is around $100 per month.

3-And how DOES Finasteriade affect me if I don’t have any actual problems with my prostate?

Finasteride can interfere with screenings for Prostate cancer, so if you ever are screened - let your physician know. Some men report sexual side effects to varying degrees, some men report none. It's a roll of the dice. From my extensive research, I've found that most men report some sexual side effects for the first 1-2 months, but then these level out. This same thing happened to me with Saw Palmetto Extract so I'm not concerned.

I would say that you should do some research on the side effects of using Fin and decide if it's worth the risk. If you decide to go on the medication, do not focus on potential side effects and don't be anxious about your hair - that will help you to achieve the best results.

thanks a lot silverson! anyone who has more datails or advice please keep them coming until sept. 9