+ Reply to Thread

Default Weird Batch of Kirland Minoxidil?

My hairloss started 5 years ago but since I started using Minoxidil and Propecia its been going steady since then. But just over the last month I've noticed I'm shedding a lot of hair all of a sudden and I'm trying to pin-point the reason why. The only thing I could think was it started when I bought my newest batch of liquid Kirkland 5%.

I've noticed with this batch that my hair isn't as greasy anymore after applying it, whereas all the others I've been using over the years have been. Not to mention it dries on my scalp within 10mins rather than 30mins+. I'm also not getting residue built up on my scalp from it that usually causes flakes, where before this was a very common thing. Now I'm not complaining I'm not getting flakes or greasy hair anymore, but this seems very strange to me. I bought the batch from Ebay (i usually alternate between minoxidil-uk and ebay) from a seller I've never bought from before but had good reviews.

I've done some looking around and I've seen a couple of other posts on forums, one being very similar to mine where he was on Minoxidil for 15 years and the latest batch he bought seemed different to the rest, and after a test he found there was barely any minoxidil in it compared to the other batch he bought to compare.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this or are there any other cases like this? Any other weird batches of Kirkland 5% at all?

p.s

I've ordered some more Kirkland 5%, this time from Minoxidil-UK and will compare it when it arrives this week. I'll keep you guys posted.

Might be the seller, plus the heat in the uk turns my Regiane foam watery, I tend to wrap my regaine in a towel and store it in the fridge so it's works perfect.

Ok so I just got the new batch today, haven't applied any yet but I tried mixing equal parts minoxidil and water from each batch. The new minox turned the water cloudy whereas the old just remained quite clear, but just to be sure I tried it again. This time I put less off the new batch in compared to the old, and water still turned more cloudy even though there was less in.

Not sure what to take away from this, maybe the old batch had been watered down or was just faulty. I'll have to start using it and see if if I start getting the residue build up like I used to.