+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Has your dermatologist evaluated you for seborrheic dermatitis or scalp psoriasis? These conditions often cause itching that can be treated with shampoos containing ketoconazole, ciclopirox, selenium sulfide, or tar. Some men have AGA accompanied by one of these conditions, which can further aggravate the scalp.

Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011.
    * The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Scalp itch is linked to DHT, my hairloss is like a timer if I get itchy scalp means I'm losing hair. If I stop FIN couple days later my scalp would itch so bad I would lose hairs in those areas and begin to thin. If your getting itchy tingly scalp, I suggest try Reegenepure DR and NT daily, I been using it for 2 years daily and the Keto has helped a lot.
    Thanks for those suggestions. The itchy feeling is also coupled with a tingly sensation that I can't really describe other than it has a slight burn to it, and the affected area is almost always the one that is showing more shedding than others. I wasn't aware you could use Keto daily, i will have to get some of that. Did it take long after you started Fin for the itch to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    Has your dermatologist evaluated you for seborrheic dermatitis or scalp psoriasis? These conditions often cause itching that can be treated with shampoos containing ketoconazole, ciclopirox, selenium sulfide, or tar. Some men have AGA accompanied by one of these conditions, which can further aggravate the scalp.
    Thanks. When I saw a dermatologist they really never acknowledged my complaint about my scalp itching, they only observed with their naked eye that I obviously have male pattern baldness. I suppose I should find another Dermatologist.

My itch went instant next day, but I also had FiN sides so had to start low to build tolerance etc. now I take full 1mg every other day and I also use Dr Klein Promox every day, I seriously think you need 1mg daily and Regenepure DR and NT daily, but make sure you leave Dr in for minimum 20 minutes and then rinse with NT, don't forget condition hair after for 5 minutes.

Yeah well seborrheic dermatitis is not a curable condition either so if some common shampoos dont work than your blessed with both that and MPB as a problem. You would have to keep using whatever for seborrheic dermatitis and than on top of that use whatever for MPB like propecia.

Let me tell you, half my friends who suffer from MPB like me don't get any itch when they were losing hairs only I seem to be having the itch. But we all use propecia and it's works on all of us stopping hairloss, only difference extra for me is it's removes the scalp itch and tingle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    My itch went instant next day, but I also had FiN sides so had to start low to build tolerance etc. now I take full 1mg every other day and I also use Dr Klein Promox every day, I seriously think you need 1mg daily and Regenepure DR and NT daily, but make sure you leave Dr in for minimum 20 minutes and then rinse with NT, don't forget condition hair after for 5 minutes.
    Wow, you must have immediately responded to the drug, then. I really need to work myself to larger doses of Fin, because like I said, I become very fatigued during the day if I go above the .6mg/day I am doing now. I have read studies that .6mg actually lowers DHT on the scalp comparably to higher doses, so sometimes I think it's sufficient and I just need to give it a little more time. Thanks though, I will look up those products. I have found that shampoos contained salicylic acid greatly relieved some of the itching for a good while, although not to the extent I would like to see.

Also, did you experience a diffuse thinning alongside the itching at first? I have read some similar stories on this site about it, and it echoes my story: out of no where one day when I am 21 my scalp starts to itch like crazy and start to see hair fall in the shower, then over the next two years my hair thins all over in the front. If so, did your hair recover and thicken afterward after the itch stopped with Fin?