+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    This guy, pulls off hair loss, like he demanded from God that he be bald
    Not sure if I follow. I would be interested to hear why you say this since I have the same shape of head, although I don't have the same face of course.

It's funny, I went to the mall this evening, and to my surprise, the vast majority of the people I saw were obese.

I felt much more attractive than them, despite my bald head.

I didn't think it was that bad, but I think Europe is catching up with the US regarding the obesity rate.

I think we have already like 25% of people being overweight in Belgium.

So it was kind of the opposite, I thought to myself "how are all these people not ashamed of themselves?".

Flight, just remember that at least it's not your fault! And even if society is kinder to obese people, they look way more disgusting than bald people to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Not sure if I follow. I would be interested to hear why you say this since I have the same shape of head, although I don't have the same face of course.
    From the way he talks, it feels like he owns his look. Plus, the guy is really handsome. Plus his head is perfectly shaped.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    It's funny, I went to the mall this evening, and to my surprise, the vast majority of the people I saw were obese.

I didn't think it was that bad, but I think Europe is catching up with the US regarding the obesity rate.

So it was kind of the opposite, I thought to myself "how are all these people not ashamed of themselves?".

Flight, just remember that at least it's not your fault! And even if society is kinder to obese people, they look way more disgusting than bald people to me.
    Very interesting you say that. I never once thought obese people had it worse than balding folk.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

Wouldn't it be nice if baldness was just the norm, and therefore none of this would matter

Many good comments in this thread. Listen to these guys FlightTL. They are speaking the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Many good comments in this thread. Listen to these guys FlightTL. They are speaking the truth.
    Yes...great comments.

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryUser View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if baldness was just the norm, and therefore none of this would matter
    Hell no! It would be nice if baldness didn't exist, period, except for men (or women) who shaved their heads. And possibly douche bags so everyone would know they were, you know, douche bags, if the balding gene were comorbid with the douche bag gene. No one should have to go through this :/

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
    Hell no! It would be nice if baldness didn't exist, period, except for men (or women) who shaved their heads. And possibly douche bags so everyone would know they were, you know, douche bags, if the balding gene were comorbid with the douche bag gene. No one should have to go through this :/

I agree that no one should have to go through balding. I was just saying: suppose we lived in a world where a full head of hair was aberrant and looked down upon much the same as baldness is in reality. Much of our construal on whether hairloss is a bad or good, and therefore whether we think it needs intervention with potentially harmful drugs or not, is rooted in social effects and their consequences in daily life.

What you say is an idealized world, and I would love to see such world realized...

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryUser View Post
    What you say is an idealized world, and I would love to see such world realized...
    It will be, though not earlier than a few centuries from now. During the last years, researchers are starting to identify the genes for some more or less grave hereditary conditions in order to develop methods to correct them before the birth takes place. Obviously, such an approach has today severe moral issues to overcome and the ground is certainly not ready, but in the forthcoming centuries this is likely to change. By that time, I believe that hereditary hair loss will also be a sad past.