+ Reply to Thread

Default UK - How to get 5mg finasteride? (or cheap 1mg?)

Hi,

After doing a lot of research I finally decided to talk to my GP about getting finasteride, I asked her if I could have a prescription for 5mg as I was planning to split the pills and assured her I had researched all the side effects etc. she told me that she wasn't allowed to prescribe me 5mg but was able to give me a private prescription for 1mg which I wasn't really happy about as I can't really afford the extortionate prices of Propecia.

So I went to boots/superdrug, other pharmacies and tried to see if could get 5mg fin with a 1mg prescription but they weren't having any of it and said they could only prescribe me with the 1mg pills which were propecia and costed around £40-50 for a months supply (cant really afford).

I was wondering:

1. Is there any way I can get a prescription for 5mg? (maybe there's some GPs that don't mind giving the prescription if you give a good enough excuse... i'm based in London)

2. If I can't get a prescription for 5mg, is there any other way I can get 5mg fin? Either using my 1mg prescription to get 5mg or otherwise is there anywhere online that doesn't require a prescription and is relatively cheap and safe to buy from?

3. Another alternative: Are there any pharmacies that have a cheap 1mg version of fin? I wouldn't mind getting 1mg fin if it wasn't so expensive, but every pharmacy I've been in seems to only stock propecia... maybe there's some random places like a tesco pharmacy that stocks something cheaper that isnt branded?

Cheers.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Finasteride is a near perfect target for scam artists. If an online pharmacy were to sell blank pills as finasteride, who would know? All the time you're taking blanks, your hair loss continues to progress and you report in the forums that although you didn't get sides, finasteride was ineffective at stopping your hair loss.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Finasteride is a near perfect target for scam artists. If an online pharmacy were to sell blank pills as finasteride, who would know? All the time you're taking blanks, your hair loss continues to progress and you report in the forums that although you didn't get sides, finasteride was ineffective at stopping your hair loss.
    Cheers bud, I agree with what you're saying hence why I'd rather get a 5mg prescription somehow and get it from a pharmacy like boots although I'm open to getting it online as long as the site is reputable.

Hey arblad, I'm from the England and I have a supplier in the name of dr Edgar. Spex recommended him to me and he sells generic fin or proscar (both are 5mg). It is genuine stuff as it still has the pharmacy sticker with your name on it. I got the generic one for £180 which lasts 15 months I think. Proscar will be a little bit dearer. Reliable dealer with genuine stuff.

Arblad,

I get mine through Dr Edgar as mentioned who is very helpful and more importantly 100% legitimate. His email is drstevengedgar@gmail.com

Hey he still sell Proscar?

I get my generic 5mg Fin from my local tesco pharmacy(or any local pharmacy). Got a private prescription from my GP after being seen by a dermatologist.

My prescription costs me around £9 for a year supply. I cut a pill in half and take half every 2 days.

Generic Fin is very cheap. Just ask your GP for a private prescription. If they say no just change doctor.