+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Not sure if I should shave it all off or wait - 16 Years Old - Grade 11

Hey everyone!

My name is Dustin and I'm glad to be part of the forum. I hope to be around for awile.

I understand you have probably seen numerous posts that revolve around or directly relate to this subject; but I'm at a serious crossroads right now with my thinning hair. I'm currently 16 and going into grade 11; and this would all be awesome if it wasn't for my receding hairline and thinning hair. It's gotten to the point where if I'm outside at certain angles, and I see through my hair.

I'm just asking if you can give me some suggestions and thoughts on the attached photo of me a few weeks back. I want to know if you all figure I will be ago with shaving my head. Because I know that time is approaching...and not all too slowly either.

Genes...

I appreciate all the responses and for you all taking your time. I can't imagine the amount of posts you've gotten like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10482901_10152520867661670_4620064985099261715_n.jpg

Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	33664

As another pre mature balder - don't worry bro. You're nowhere near the point where you "need" to shave it. In fact, that might just be your normal hairline. Get on some simple treatments like niz/min if youre overly concerned.

Shave it. Even if you're not balding (which you're probably not), shaving your head is a good thing to do at least once in your life...like traveling to another country or bungie jumping. Shave it.

I would not shave it just yet. If you truly are going through balding, you will have plenty of time in the future to shave it. For now, it looks like you have a good amount on your head, so stick with it and style it while you can. I made a mistake and wore hats trying to be cool when I was younger and had a full head of hair. Now when Im loosing it, I have to wear hats and it really takes away from the person you want to be and your confidence when you know a girl likes you.

Totally disagree with nikka. This is the perfect time to shave your head. It's summer so you're not in school, and by the time classes start most of it will have grown back. But you'll know what your head shape is like, you'll be able to get a great look at your hairline, and most importantly of all: you'll have "'broken the seal," and in the future you won't mind shaving your head since you'll have done it before. If you don't shave your head now, it will get harder and harder to take that plunge for the first time. Be a man: it's buzzcut season, so go for it. Buzzcuts rule...especially when you're young with a good hairline. And it's not like you have to start shaving your head every week. Just do it and let it grow back...you'll be the better man for it.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have never had a "straight" hairline and it has always been in the shape. But it has receded and my hair is becoming thing. Even more noticeably at the crown for me. I'm just wondering if when I do decide to shave it off...I will look have decent.

Thanks again