+ Reply to Thread

Talking Hi I'm Sam - a 10.5 Month Post Op Patient!

Hi, my name is Sam. I was really bald, I think a NW 6. I got my first hair transplant about 10.5 months ago, september 1, 2013
    I've been documenting my progress on youtube, not sure if I can post the link here, but you can search it by typing hair transplant review 2013...
    I got 2300 fue grafts, and it's a lot better than being bald... but ... I wouldn't say it's perfect... I'm wondering if I should go for another surgery, and if I do, should i get more of the hairline done... the crown first... and I hate that I keep thinning my donor hair.. anyone else have a similar issue?
    Last edited by Winston; 07-19-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Sam, I saw your youtube posts. You have progressed well. You mentioned that you are considering doing a strip surgery. I promise you that you will absolutely regret getting a strip. You will have a life long scar that could widen to the point where it is disfiguring Just search this forum. You will seem hundreds if not thousands of posts about large scars from strip scars. It does not matter how good the doctor is, you are still at risk of a bad scar. And even with the best strip results, you will always have a scar and you will never be able to buzz your hair, which brings me to my second point. I think you look best with the buzz cut look, i.e., your 3 months youtube look. If I were you, I would buzz cut your hair now at a 2 or 3 guard and see how it looks. I bet you will look great. If you do a strip surgery, you will NEVER be able to buzz your hair to a 3 guard. If you are going to do another surgery, you absolutely should only do another FUE. Again, I absolutely promise that you will regret a strip. Best of luck.

Hi Chicago99,thanks for your advice, I agree...since I mentioned strip, I researched it a little more, and it's definitely something I don't plan on doing. Thanks for checking out my progress, I'm actually going for a 2nd surgery August 5th and 7th, for the crown! Doing FUE. I've actually been wanting to do exactly that! Shave my head down using a 3 or a 2, I've been curious how it looks buzzed as well, and I'm tired of the shabby hair duo. Since I'm getting my surgery in a couple weeks, I figured I'd let it grow in for a few more days, and then cut it down, starting with a 4, and maybe going down to a 2, depending how it looks... might even do a fade. I've grown out my hair specifically for others to see... normally, when I've looked up Hair Transplant patients, they've always kept their hair short... it made me wonder if the hair even grow long... now we all know! Thank you again for your tips and comments, I've love hearing them, it truly helps me out!

hey mate, I have been watching your vids. def do not get a strip!
    If I were you, I would probably just use the grafts to refine your hair line (although only 0.25-0.5 of an inch).
    I am not a big fan of filling in crowns too much. They are a bit of a black hole for grafts, and if your balding progresses more on the crown, it will look a bit silly with an island of permanent hair in the middle of your crown.

good luck mate

Good luck with your second surgery Sam!

Hey Sam I checked out your 9 month progress video on youtube and your result looks really awesome especially with only 2300 grafts.

Have you tried Toppik, dermmatch, caboki, or any other concealers? I think if you tried one of them with what you currently have you might be happy with the result and not need to get another hair transplant. I personally have about a baseball sized thin spot on the back of my head that disappears with Toppik and no one has said anything about the concealer since I began using it.

Hi I tried Hair Cubed... amazing results, here's the video to that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0CtGVr7rq8
    But I don't really want to use anything in my hair, I just had my second surgery in the crown, I put the videos up on my youtube. Check it out! Depending on these results, I think I'll be done with getting transplants! but let me know what you all think. Thank you all for the positive feedback

Hey, how many total grafts did you get in your crown?