+ Reply to Thread

Default A Short-story of a 18 years old teen (maybe I can relate to you too..?)

Hello dear friends ! Before starting, this post might get a bit long but I'd love if you could take 2 minutes of your time to read a bit of my story, i'll put the most important parts in bold type if you feel a bit lazy though Here it goes:

I'm a 18 years old guy who's been using finasteride 1mg and minoxidil for almost a year without noticing any improvement. I've been looking at some images of norwood types to see which one represents me at best but there wasn't any I could relate 100% to. Because, my hairline is pretty much decent i guess (if you put one hand in your forehead with the little finger covering your eyebrow, the gab stays at 4 fingers-4.5 at the edges, I also dont have a particular "bald spot" at the crown.

The thing is..my hair density is actually pretty low (any part of my head) for my age, when I open my hair it shows more scalp than it should've shown for a normal guy. I'm not sure if it's male pattern baldness but it must be somwhere around that, I already went to 2 dermatologists. They analysed my hair density and said "it might be male pattern baldness", described fina+minox and that was about it.
    (PS: this pick is just for you to see my type of hair, I know this is an horrible picture for you to see the problem (it barely shows the hair..), I'll try to upload a image of my scalp with my mom's cam

)

Some questions you might ask:

-When did you start shedding/thinning your hair?
    At 15-16, when my parents divorced, but then, if that was the reason for why it's gotten thinner and with lower density, I think it should've already passed (it happened 3 years ago)

-Do you have people in your family that are/were bald?
    Every1 from my family has a head full of hair apart from my dad(goddamnit..) which has been developing a bald spot at the crown and also has low density, but my mom said he had a lot of hair until his late 30s, then why am I getting attacked so soon? (if this is my case)

-Do you take any medicaments?
    As stated above, yes I do. Fina 1mg+minox for almost 1 years, no noticeable results.

-Do you have any kind of disease or particular problem?
    Apart from stress, no.

-Have you ever gone to a dermatologist?
    As stated above, yes, but I live in portugal (they're pretty bad x.x)

-Is your hair density that bad/causing you that much trouble at that age?
    Well, it trully is (once I get the opportunity to upload a proper image), my 'friends', who were once jealous of my hair, started being verbal abusive towards me along with my math teacher who keeps saying "you might get bald later in your age man.!"; my mom keeps yelling at me for using these medicaments and my dad says I worry too much about this issue (when he only started balding/thinning alooot later in his age. So, pretty much noone can understand my situation, because noone has ever been in my position....... :'(

I just don't know what I can do to have my natural hair/density back, I already started with medications soon enough, and lately I started massaging my head every night, but now what? I have no idea on what to do/what's happening to me exactly..
    It's just not working, and I don't wanna get bullied anymore. I wanna live my life without having to look at the floor constantly, without affecting my studies, my relationships, and my friendships...

How I wish I could study medicine and help this community with this problem, because it completly ruins our lives, and our future. When they develop a cure for this disease, that will be, for sure, the happiest day of our lives (or for the most part of us), but I've always been negative about it, I don't think I'll be able to show up a smile full of joy ever again.

PLEASE BALDNESS GO AWAY, STOP RUINING OUR LIVES...!

don't worry if u r on medication and considering ur age u wouldn't go extensively bald in the near future.and recession u will be able to manage after 25 years old age with HT.