+ Reply to Thread

Default Body Hair Transplant - Bisanga or Umar

Hello everyone,
    I am 27 yo and ive been balding since I was 17 or so. Had my first FUE back in 2006, second one in 2008 and since then I conceal whatever I can with Toppik. Currently a NW6. During the last 3 years I tried to go the hairpiece way -it didnt work out- and also considered the SMP way - didn't even make it to the salon, i find it difficult to accept the skinhead look.
    So, since I don't think any "cure" is coming out any time soon, I decided to go the only way available for me now. You guessed it : BHT. My head donor is depleted because of the 2 FUEs so BHT is the only option. I have been exchanging emails with Dr. Umar and Dr. Bisanga. Dr Umar is willing to transplant 7500 grafts in a 5 day session (head, beard and body) and Dr Bisanga is willing to do a 4500 session utilizing the same donor areas.
    I would kindly like to ask for your opinion guys. Any suggestions?
    I believe from what Ive seen that Dr. Umar is more experienced in big sessions but he is in LA. On the other hand, Dr Bisanga is in Europe and hes only within a 2 hours driving distance to me.
    I am confused and I want some help asap in order to book my dates.

(Needless to say I am going to document the whole procedure and progress for the forum)
    Thats all
    Thanx guys

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mm05035 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am 27 yo and ive been balding since I was 17 or so. Had my first FUE back in 2006, second one in 2008 and since then I conceal whatever I can with Toppik. Currently a NW6. During the last 3 years I tried to go the hairpiece way -it didnt work out- and also considered the SMP way - didn't even make it to the salon, i find it difficult to accept the skinhead look.
    So, since I don't think any "cure" is coming out any time soon, I decided to go the only way available for me now. You guessed it : BHT. My head donor is depleted because of the 2 FUEs so BHT is the only option. I have been exchanging emails with Dr. Umar and Dr. Bisanga. Dr Umar is willing to transplant 7500 grafts in a 5 day session (head, beard and body) and Dr Bisanga is willing to do a 4500 session utilizing the same donor areas.
    I would kindly like to ask for your opinion guys. Any suggestions?
    I believe from what Ive seen that Dr. Umar is more experienced in big sessions but he is in LA. On the other hand, Dr Bisanga is in Europe and hes only within a 2 hours driving distance to me.
    I am confused and I want some help asap in order to book my dates. (Needless to say I am going to document the whole procedure and progress for the forum)
    Thats all
    Thanx guys
    Of course since I'm a Dr. Cole's rep, I will recommend Dr. Cole. Topcat highly recommends Dr. Bisanga. I have not seen Dr. Bisanga's work personally but I have seen Dr. Mwamba's excellent work.

Things to understand about body hair... Scalp hair is always the preferred donor source. Beard hair is second and chest hair is third. Stomach hair, if there's enough of decent quality, works similar to chest hair. Beard hair has a yield on average of about 90% at our clinic. Of course yield varies between men. Topcat says for instance he got a 100% yield from Dr. Bisanga. I often assist Dr. Cole in the surgery room with beard hair extractions. It is usually possible to "cherrypick" finer beard hairs for areas close to the hairline when necessary. Often times the majority of beard hairs are twice the caliber of scalp hair. Twice the caliber equals four times the scalp coverage.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 07:30 PM.

To be clear yes I really like Dr. Bisanga for so many reasons outside of his very high skill level and very warm demeanor. I mean I rarely post it but he is a good person…………..don’t know quite how to explain it but that matters to me. It really, really matters. My own postings can be quite the opposite………very harsh sometimes and hopefully that does not reflect badly towards the clinic but I have to be truthful with my thoughts and it certainly doesn’t mean I have a bad heart. My intentions are always for the greater good.

There was a posting long ago by a patient that commended Dr. Bisanga for redoing his work from another doctor at the same clinic on the same day before he walked out the door as he was very distraught. That was a very valuable posting for me as no one in this industry does this………….absolutely no one. To redo a colleague’s work because you thought it was not good enough requires a very special trait in my book. It’s out there it can’t be denied…………people are what they do. He took a very big risk going against a colleague but doing what was right was more important.

For the record when anyone asks me I do not specifically recommend Dr. Bisanga because I don’t think it’s the right thing to do, it’s not up to me. Of course I tell them about my experience but they really need to pick from their own list. I have only highly encouraged one repair patient to go to him because I could not bear to see him go back to the same doctor that destroyed his head…………….just couldn’t stomach it without saying anything outside of that everyone needs to do what is best for them.

As far as this thread my suggestion would be to only go for 500 grafts or less and assess the results you see with your own eyes. Then you can always decide later that you’re okay with something larger. Patients that take on these large procedures if that is what they choose need to accept some of the responsibility for the increase in risk. Why take the risk when all that is required is some patience.

I strongly suggest that you first do some preliminary test sessions from the BH donor regions that you are considering, before committing to the larger numbers.

You will find that regrowth/yield will vary depending which areas/source of the body that your grafts are being taken, especially when considering that large of sessions.

You will also get a chance to see how visually compatible the BH is once it grows.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

thank you all for your kind comments. Gillenator, I feel time is pressing me right now. I dont wish to spend one more year with the tests. I think I decided to go with Dr. Bisanga. We had a very enjoyable Skype conversation and I think he earned my trust

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    I strongly suggest that you first do some preliminary test sessions from the BH donor regions that you are considering, before committing to the larger numbers.

You will find that regrowth/yield will vary depending which areas/source of the body that your grafts are being taken, especially when considering that large of sessions.

You will also get a chance to see how visually compatible the BH is once it grows.
    I second that... Do a test session before spending a small fortune on a great number of grafts. It's disappointing if the small session doesn't grow well and obviously more disappointing when a lot of money is lost on large graft numbers.

Chuck