+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr. Wesley's method

"As I mentioned in my original presentation, the application of ACell will parallel that used in Dr. Cooley's donor area study (see image below). The proposed difference is this: the piloscopic approach may leave the overlying hair fragment in place within its native environment. Incorportion of ACell (e.g. an ACell 'flush' of the underlying pilosocpic plane) coupled with the native environment holds promise of a percentage of the overlying donor fragments resuming their growth cycle."

What do you guys think of what Dr. Wesley is going to try to do to achieve donor regeneration?

Isn't this what Dr. Aaron Gardner said would work, if done with great accuracy?

FTL

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    "As I mentioned in my original presentation, the application of ACell will parallel that used in Dr. Cooley's donor area study (see image below). The proposed difference is this: the piloscopic approach may leave the overlying hair fragment in place within its native environment. Incorportion of ACell (e.g. an ACell 'flush' of the underlying pilosocpic plane) coupled with the native environment holds promise of a percentage of the overlying donor fragments resuming their growth cycle."

What do you guys think of what Dr. Wesley is going to try to do to achieve donor regeneration?

Isn't this what Dr. Aaron Gardner said would work, if done with great accuracy?

FTL
    will be interesting how the transplanted graft parts in the recepient sites continue to grow. a graphic would be nice which demonstrates how the hair follicle will be transected. is it the same style nigam always claimed, with upper and lower part? because this would mean that the upper part including hair shaft stays in the donor and only the lower half without hair is extracted. and this then could lead to further problems, because you don't know how to place the lower part to keep the right growth direction. it could even happen that bisected grafts are placed upside down and produce ingrown hairs.

in my opinion it is mandatory to extract the hair so that the hair shaft is part of it.

would be nice if we could get this info from dr. wesley