+ Reply to Thread

Default Receding hairline aged 18

Hi all,

There's many similar stories on this forum, but to put it all into perspective, I'm 18 years old with a very noticable receding hairline. Unfortunately my mother hasn't really taken it seriously, and as you can imagine, I haven't had the money to pay for treatments, lotions or much else. The most I have been able to splash out on has been Alpecin caffeine shampoo and recently Nizoral.

I started noticing my hairloss when I was 16. I had major heart surgery shortly after I noticed my hairloss, and I believe the surgery may have been a trigger for more hair to fall out at the temples. After that I've used Alpecin on and off, and apart from starting using Nizoral around a month ago, that's the only real hairloss treatment I have used. My hairloss hasn't been as rapid recently, but then again, my hairline is much worse than anyone else who I know, that is the same age as me. I've read the stories about finasteride, so I don't really want to touch that, but I was wondering whether anyone would be willing to give some advice on what I could do to prevent further hairloss and possibly regrow the lost hair? Also if anyone has been using Nizoral and actually could tell me whether it works, and also the same for Alpecin.

I've attached a few pictures to show you what stage I'm at. Probably NW1 or 2 I imagine... I thought there was no need to put a picture of the crown/back of my head as I don't have any hairloss in that area yet.

Okay, for some reason I can't put the pictures of my hair on, I'll try and do that later...

Im also 18, but unlike you I have an overall density problem, my hairline looks decent though. I think you should really try o do some savings and go for finasteride, it might help u out a lot! Good luck m8, lets hope a freaking mpb cure comes soon cheers!

I definitely hope so! I imagine you're the same and probably wouldn't care less if you were losing hair maybe aged 30, just being 18 and losing hair really sucks!

Yeah man, its sucks so much :'( we're so damn young ... Let's try to be positive, stay on finasteride and on our early twenties we might face a cure for this horrible desease, who knows ! <.<, but yeah, my self-esteem went completly downhill...

Thread is fairly useless without pics. But I too am similar to you OP. 18 almost 19 with a NW2.5ish hairline. I'm only on RU atm it has halted my hairloss + thicken my existing hair and it seems like I might be having some early stage minor regrowth. balding sucks. I hope I can find a fully side effect free anti androgen and then just get a transplant to like a nw1.5 hairline.