+ Reply to Thread

Default help for a new attempt, the road to the success !

Hi everybody, I'm 28, from France ( sorry for my english, I will try do to my best )
    I'm norwood II
    Last year I attempted to mask my temporal baldness with an hair remplacement. I ordered online a lace, and I cutted 2 pieces, to stick on my temples. Luckily the color of the system was the same that the colour of my hairs.
    The result was very nice.
    But I had to re stick the system every day.
    I tried with glue, and it became black beetween my skin and the lace, and under the rain, the lace didn't stick very well.
    I tried with adhesive tape, and the systeme would go away within a day or two.

here is how I look actually https://imageshack.com/i/ns7srrp

here is the hair cut I would like to have https://imageshack.com/i/np5ppnj

I would like to re attempt and hair remplacement. For a good front line, I know I have to use a lace. But what about a skin ? How does the frontal line looks with a skin ?
    I practise a lot of sports, running and swimming, and I want to be sure that the system wont go away.
    Should I shave the top of my head, and cover it with the system for a better result ? or can I continu to stick only 2 pieces on my temples ?

thanks a lot for your answer

Edit : I tried minox, propecia ( to my mind, the side effects are too strong ), spironolactone cream, and even prp platelet rich plasma injection therapy.
    I don't give a **** about what people think If they detect the hair remplacement system : people always blame other for something. In my case if that's not for wearing a system, It will be for using steroids, or something else. People are jaleous, and I don't care.
    For me a good haircut contribute to the beauty.
    My gf has fake tits, nose surgery etc, girls wear hair extansions, push up for tits, make up etc everybody " cheat " for looking good, and for me that's ok, the main thing for me is to feel good about ourselves. So it's not a shame to wear a system even if it's detected from time to time. It should be considered like another fashion accessory

Bonjour!

Whats the brand/hold time for both your glue and tape?

Ultimately, you have two options. You can go for lace temporal patches, but as you know this area is the one that water and sweat run off and can loosen any bond quicker than a topper.

Or you can have a topper with thicker hair that will achieve the hairstyle you linked to. In a way, it can be lower maintainence and less fiddly than two temporal patches.

I wear a topper and work out 5 times a week. I regularly go 3-weeks between reattachments. No problems with lift and never been detected and even if it was, I dont care too.

Lace is considered better for working out in as the sweat can evaporate and air circulate easier. Its also more durable

Skin is less detectable and almost invisible to sight and touch. As it covers your area it can be hot to work out in.

My current piece is over 8-months old and I ordered it from the UK/EU

Based on the pics you have a lot of hair except at the temples. Since you had a good result with two "temple" partials I would suggest continuing with partials.

Lace vs skin......I personally like lace. But many users are strong proponents of skin. Your choice.

Your main problem is attachment. I have never heard of adhesive turning black. I am assuming that you do not work in a coal mine. Adhesive can get dirty and thus darken. What kind of adhesive are you using? Brand name? How do you apply the adhesive.

As for coming loose everyday, this should not happen. I use a combination of tape and adhesive and easily get 4 to 6 weeks between attachments. Rain is irrelevant. I have experienced 4 typhoons and numerous tropical storms in SE Asia along with high temps and excessive humidity. No attachment problems.

Hi guys thanks for your answers
    I used thoses glues : walker safe grip, then the ultra hold
    I don't remember the name of the tape ... adhesive super tape or walker no shine ( I 'm looking at the webside I ordered ... )

Grincher thx for your advice, I was satisfied with the lace, but I want to try the skin if it's more invisible Even if I have to reattach once a week, it's not bad

lvlace, how do you proceed for your combination of tape and adhesive ?
    thanks guys

I use SuperTape along the lace perimeter. At the front hairline I place the tape about one mm from the edge of the lace. I then apply Hair Direct's white adhesive. ....many layers....along the scalp at the hairline. Then attach for a 4 week + hold.

sound advice. I use the same method with glue for the touch ups.

Look for a company that sells a very thin v-looped membrane. Coolpiece.com sells one they call NG base. You can probably buy a stock piece to cut up and try just to get a feel for how natural it can look and easy it is to glue on with no mess. Just use any glue like notape, and you are good to go. The base it extremely thin and can tear, and the hair will shed, so they are good for like 2 months, but it gives the best hairline. I don't know if every company has it, you can also try hairdirect, but I think coolpiece is cheaper, but their website has a lot to be desired and difficult to navigate. I broke down and started wearing a few years ago, after losing a lot of money and hair on lasers and other crap. It was the best thing I ever did. I get mine from my friend who is a hair dresser for really cheap. I don’t ask here where she gets it from since she is very fair with me and gives be great hair cuts.