+ Reply to Thread
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

Default Dr. Lindsey 3 year update on FUE scar repair in Black Male McLean VA

This nice fellow came in 3 years ago or more and at that time was the first FUE case I'd done on a black male. He'd had an unsatisfactory strip scar, with relatively poor recipient results as well, from a large chain operation. I advised him that if he'd just grow his hair a little longer that nobody would ever see his scar line but in his line of work, that was not an option. We did a few hundred FUE's using a Feller 0.9 and 1.0 mm punch by hand, which took me all day back then. Shown are his day of surgery, 1 week checkup, 1 month scar check (with slightly longer hair) and 3 year pictures when he presented to have additional hair placed up front. Its pretty easy to tell that I put up both flash and no-flash pictures.

He really healed well, and given the unpredictable nature of FUE in general, FUE using small diameter punches in guys with really curly follicular roots in particular, and unpredictable growth in scar tissue....he looks fantastic.

We'll address his front in the near future and I'll post that when we have some pictures.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1e_edited-1.jpg

Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	33602   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_edited-1.jpg

Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	33603   Click image for larger version

Name:	3_edited-1.jpg

Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	33604   Click image for larger version

Name:	11_edited-1.jpg