+ Reply to Thread

Default Young, 23, lied to, now desperately need advice. need to go back.

Hi veterans! My name is dan and I had a transplant at 21 by Dr. Brett Bolton in Ft. Lauderdale. Unfortunately, he and his patient advisor really misled me and sold me a surgery that was not in my best interests. It wouldn't be so bad if I were satisfied with the results and the scar was truly as hidden as they said it would be. Instead, I'm left with "Bolton Bundles" and a scar that's still a little red. I'm posting here in the hopes someone will visit the other thread I started and give me some advice. I really want to buzz my head..

Also, if you're out there northeastguy, thanks for responding to my email a couple weeks ago. I've been very nervous to call you but I'll definitely do so soon..

Thanks all

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...119#post179119

You should probably just stop where you are at right now. You are too desperate and not mentally strong enough due to your age to deal with further surgeries in my opinion. If your situation was dire then I could see putting that issue to the side for the greater good, but the fact is you look perfectly fine. Just wait it out for at least 1-2 years and learn more about the procedure and what one can expect as far as realistic expectations and possible solutions as time progresses.

I would agree that most doctors would have been able to pick up on you not being mentally strong enough to have cosmetic surgery and refused you service but not everyone follows that path, the path of what is best for the patient. I get the impression that you feel you have been hideously disfigured………………….and I am telling you that you that is not the case here and what you are doing is something in your own mind. Not trying to put you down but I’m trying to help you. I can suggest some books that might help open your eyes and see things differently but you would need to be open to learning to help yourself. Just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    I can suggest some books that might help open your eyes and see things differently but you would need to be open to learning to help yourself. Just let me know.
    Topcat,
    I would like to know more the literature you would recommend. Could you send me some links when you get some time?
    Thanks,
    Karlton

Karlton that would depend on which subject area you are interested, health, marketing, politics, psychology, etc. Books can open one’s eyes to many areas. I think these 3 are a good start for those that would like to learn more about image and they are hair loss related. Better to understand one’s thoughts and where they may be coming from in order to change them and this would be a good starting point.

Shattered Image (Brian Cuban)
    Looking Good (Luciano)
    The Adonis Complex (Pope, Phillips, Olivardia)

This is a good starting point as stated but only one small piece of a very large puzzle.

Books are different in that they are usually a one and done deal so the author is more then likely giving you what he/she believes to be the truth where other sources of information are apt to be driven by marketing and there is a huge difference. Most people in general believe they have information regardless of the subject but more then likely what they have is marketing information or information that is meant to shape beliefs and not real information.

So chances are if you can read at least 50-100 books or more on one subject the varied reading from different authors will help you connect the dots. Hair transplantation is a little different as books on that specific subject outside of a few doctors is not widely available so it does take a very, very long time to connect the dots through observation, experience, and actively meeting and speaking with people.

I don't see the problem from looking at the pics your hair looks fine. It looks better than my hair and I have had no work done.

this is very nice post

OP STOP!

Stop having surgeries. You look absolutely fine. The scar is completely covered under the hairline, and good even when you pull back the hair. I would be fine with that scar. The hair on your head looks absolutely brilliant; you appear to have absolutely zero hairloss.

Just think of people like Michael Jackson etc. people who get dysmorphia about their looks and end up destroying themselves with surgery.

I would strongly consider seeing a therapist, as you clearly do not have a realistic perspective on your hair and probably have mental issues clouding your judgement.