+ Reply to Thread

Default Insanely receded temples at 19

It's almost as if this is a nightmare. It's unreal that I'm this bald at such a young age. It's unreal that I'm posting on a forum for balding men.

Last year, I began Accutane. I was consumed by my acne and sought extreme measures to get rid of it (which wasn't even that notable - you can infer that I have body image issues). It may or may not have contributed to my notable hair loss.

Six months ago, I noticed that my temples were receded a tad. I have reason to believe that the recession hasn't ceased.

Within the past 3 months, I've gotten on a regimen of biotin, saw palmetto, zinc, and fish oil. I had tried Propecia, but I was getting side effects (headaches, brain fog, anxiety) within the first week. I read up on Rogaine's side effects - it seems to aggravate the hearts of those with low blood pressure. I'd rather not.

I buzzed my head in that period - consumed by my appearance, like I had been by my acne, I perused forums for hours on end. Many users came to the conclusion that facing the inevitable and shaving it was the solution.

I hated it. And to my horror, I saw my scalp and the state of my shrunken follicles.

Fortunately, it's not as severely receded with grown hair. But gosh, that photo frightens me.

I'll be getting blood work done soon, but it has to be MPB.

rogaine and propecia are the only solutions at this point. They are your best bet. The side effects you experienced were probably all in your head. Google the words "cyberchondria" for more info.

If you get it early, you have a good change of putting a stop to this and halting your hair loss for another decade or so.

Much better to start going bald at 30 than at 20.

macster

LOL yah "all in your head". All I know is that when I got on 5ar inhibitors I literally had to piss every 20-30 minutes aka prostatis. But I'm sure it was all in my head, right?

OP - as another young guy (18, almost 19) in a very similar position where you are this is all I can tell you, what I've done. I'm currently on RU and it has halted hairloss + rethickened my hair. If you don't know what RU is then do some research here and other places. Unfortunately I have side effects on RU - mainly my sex drive. I'm trying to get on CB or Cyoctol which are both anti androgens like RU but supposedly devoid of systematic side effects.

Thats all I can say atm - basically - fin/dut is NOT your only option. Only FDA approved option? Yes

Looks like LMS has some good advice since fin and minox are a no go. Judging by your pics, it appears that you are dealing with MPB. You are losing fast and unfortunately time is not on your side. Good luck with whatever you decide.

We are our own worst critics
    I look at that picture and I don't see anything unusual .
    One fellow had decided to buzz his head, he looks fine to me . And good for him for doing it . The difficult part , is learning to accept it and move on . Do not let it consume you .
    Good luck !!

Start on Propecia and minoxidil once a day + Nizoral every three days and just foget about it.

You already look in decent shape go to the gym start lifting weights and doing HIIT cardio, should take you long to get definition

hey guys, I'm back with photos with thicker hair.

I find it strange that when I wrinkle my forehead, my hairline (at least, at the very front of the horseshoe) hasn't seemed to move back.

LMS: what is RU?

You could try experimenting with lower doses of finasteride to see if the symptoms subside. Other than that, there aren't many options, at least ones that aren't FDA approved (and therefore no clinical trials to refer to, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryUser View Post
    You could try experimenting with lower doses of finasteride to see if the symptoms subside. Other than that, there aren't many options, at least ones that aren't FDA approved (and therefore no clinical trials to refer to, etc.).

i agree

Well u have a really good body so as long as you keep being really fit that helps with self esteem issues
    Quote Originally Posted by conhnore View Post
    hey guys, I'm back with photos with thicker hair.

I find it strange that when I wrinkle my forehead, my hairline (at least, at the very front of the horseshoe) hasn't seemed to move back.

LMS: what is RU?