+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 questions

Default 4 questions

Hi All,

I have been doing some reading on this forum and have finally narrowed down my questions to 4.

1) From what i have read so far, it seems like post surgery involves some soreness, swelling and even blood. What are the precautions you guys recommend i should take in my post surgery recovery to treat these?

2) Can i wash my hair the very next day of surgery? or do i have to wait a few days before i do that?

3) When i wash my hair for the first time, what precautions should i take?

4) Say a few months pass by and my hair grow back to my expectations. Would i have to go for a haircut ever in my life? If i do, what are the do's and dont's that my hair stylist and me should be aware of?

Please advice.

Thanks
    samya2k

1) From what i have read so far, it seems like post surgery involves some soreness, swelling and even blood. What are the precautions you guys recommend i should take in my post surgery recovery to treat these?

Hair transplantation IS surgery. The level of discomfort is limited as precautions are taken to avoid as much as possible. (when choosing a recommend physician) Pain killers are administered post op also to help with any discomfort and there is a level of respect you need to give to your recent HT is order to make your recovery as smooth as possible. See my tips sheet here to help: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=230

2) Can i wash my hair the very next day of surgery? or do i have to wait a few days before i do that?

Yes you can by pouring water over the area - Often the clinic will do this for you. They will also give you detailed instructions of the post op washing routine.

3) When i wash my hair for the first time, what precautions should i take?

Be very careful not to dislodge grafts (respect) its a case of pouring water over the area - NOT washing your hair as you would normally do - You can return to normal washing of hair approx 7/10 days post op.

4) Say a few months pass by and my hair grow back to my expectations. Would i have to go for a haircut ever in my life? If i do, what are the do's and dont's that my hair stylist and me should be aware of?

Growth of the new HT hair only starts at 3/4 months - So unlikely you would achieve your expectations by then - It takes 12+months to start to meet expectations generally. I think you might want to go for a haircut unless you want to join a rock band. There are bo real do's and don't if the HT is successful. Many stylists will not even know you have had a HT. The scar may show through on a low grade in the donor area but if you intend to have your hair long (by the sounds of it) the scar would not present too many problems. Only when you try take below a grade 2/3# does the scar generally come into play.

Peace out