Getting transplant soon (2000+ grafts) - Need your advice on expectations [Pics Here] - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Question Getting transplant soon (2000+ grafts) - Need your advice on expectations [Pics Here]

Hey everyone,

So I've finally embarked on this journey and am scheduled to receive my transplant soon. One thing I've read/seen a lot of was before the surgery the surgeon typically draws what they're going to do and asks the patient if they're satisfied. So to prepare myself, I decided to get as much advice as possible and I've decided to ask here.

Here are my pics:

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

Pic3:

Pic 4 (gif):

A rough estimate of what I'd like

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

Pic 3 (below is Elon Musk, who's apparently had a transplant):

Just wanted your advice/opinions. Where would be the best place for the grafts to go given the choices? I'm going to read every reply and will make sure to take everything into consideration.

Thank you and I really appreciate it!

The best choice is your head back side, there hair are thick and hair roots are strong

Quote Originally Posted by shreyas24 View Post
    The best choice is your head back side, there hair are thick and hair roots are strong
    Sorry, not quite sure I understand...

Fue or strip method? Are you also using rogaine or propecia/proscar? Master plan is extremely important prior to undergoing the surgery - in my opinion.

FUT, and I am neither on minoxidil or fin, but I am planning them soon after my surgery.

If it were me, I would focus on front and mid scalp regions, leaving the crown/vertex area open to see how it responds to proscar/propecia and rogaine--as well as for possible additional procedure in the future. I definitely recommend proscar/propecia and rogaine esepcially if you have decided to take the plunge and do surgery. Your crown has the best chance to see some regrowth in that that area if you add those to your treatment. Pretty much a lifetime obligation until something else comes out to treat MPB. What has your Dr recommended? These are just my opinions so hope it helps. I've researched quite a bit, been to consultations, and had a procedure so I am familiar with you are going through.

Hi,I am Newbie here. According to me Many people cannot complete their expectations of having a perfect end look according to their expectations because they either:
    1.Don’t have enough hair to cover the balding area
    2.their balding pattern is advanced and the supply/demand equation for hair does not math out, or
    3.They continue to lose hair without a Master Plan that took into account the progressive nature of the hair loss.
    Scalp Micro Pigmentation bridges the gap for many people who fall into the above categories. Doctors want to believe that given enough money, every person that they treat can get a full head of hair; however, nothing can be further than the truth.
    Any decision regarding health has pros and cons For example, if you would like to do a surgical procedure but only have a small amount of hair in the donor area, the reality of surgery may not meet your expectations. In this case, the best solution will probably be non-surgical. On the other hand, if you are unable to make appointments for regular service, then a transplant may be a better option.
    In the end, people suffering from hair loss have three options:
    1. Hair loss treatment. Use one or any combination of treatment options. Includes low level lasers, Minoxidil, propecia or other scalp therapy.
    2. Non-surgical. Includes semi-permanent and daily wear options.
    3. Surgical hair restoration.
    Hopefully this information will be advisory to you.
    Thank you.