+ Reply to Thread

Default 23, Had a transplant at 21. Looking at options.

Hey all. Like the title says, I had a transplant at 21 in 2012. It was a strip procedure done by Dr. Brett Bolton. It produced 850 grafts, about 450 of those which are multiple follicular units.

Let's get right into it. I started noticing my hair loss when I was about 19. At 20 I started reading forums and decided to get touch with a transplant doctor because I was feeling really depressed and wanted to know that there was hope for hair in the future. I was told by a patient advisor that I have an above average donor and that Dr. Bolton produces some of the best one procedure results in the world. I'd have a scar the width of a pencil mark. I was particularly attracted to his "Where density matters" into in his videos.

So in 2012 after many conversations with a patient advisor, I went through with it. 2 years later the results aren't completely natural and the scar is not exactly pencil thin - although it is not centimeters wide like I have seen online. I regret ever getting it done and wish I just buzzed down. Every morning I feel anxiety over the 20 minutes I spend daily on styling my hair.

Over the last couple of months I've decided to contact top hair transplant doctors to look at options over removing my grafts and fue'ing into my scar. I'm really hoping that I can maybe go down to a #2, 3, or 4 haircut to ease this stress..

Here are the summaries of the email conversations and one phone call I've had so far:
    May 2014 - Emailed Dr. Umar my pictures and ask for his advice. He said he could place 650 hair and or beard grafts in my scar. I asked him if I'd ever be able to buzz my hair and he urged me to meet in person to answer my questions better.

June 2014 - Got in touch with Dr. Cole through his website and have been talking to a patient advisor of mine. She says Dr. Cole recommends 300-500 grafts into the scar and that he could remove the grafts. In a separate email she advised me that the removal of my grafts is a separate surgery that would cost roughly twenty times the grafts into my scar. I'm currently waiting for him to look at my chart further.

July 2014 - I got in touch with Dr. Epstein through his site. A patient advisor emailed me back originally and I sent him some pics. Dr. Epstein emailed me back directly saying he could remove up to 600 grafts, put them mostly back into my scar, and I would see a 50-70% improvement in the scar. The cost for removal is expensive for me because I don't have much money, but much less than Dr. Cole. Dr. Epstein strongly recommended his employee(?) Dr. Bared to me if I'm concerned about cost as his rate is more competitive but he still does top work.

I'll include a couple pics. Expect many more detailed ones this weekend. I could really use anyone's advice..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg

Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	33540   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3.jpg

Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	33541  

Default More Pics

Hi all, here are some more pics. I'd really like to hear from anyone who's been through this before. Possible to buzz down after this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg

Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	33594   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	33595   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3.jpg

Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	33596   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4.jpg

Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	33597   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo5.jpg

Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	33598   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo6.jpg

Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	33599   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo7.jpg

Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	33600  

So, maybe it's just not showing up in your pics, but I just don't see the problem here. You have what appears to be an excellent scar--definitely above average. I'm content with my scar and it's wider than that. Also, with respect to the hairline, I don't really see the issue, but it's hard to tell given the fuzziness of the pictures. That said, I'm not seeing anything that raises red flags. Maybe he got some multiple-hair grafts in the hairline, but that's not necessarily the end of the world. Can you upload some pics that show a front-on view of your hairline?

I don't think you'll find many, if any, folks that think this is a repair case based on what you've uploaded.

I did my transplant with Dr.Umar too 5 weeks ago, and can't be happier. Even though you can't see the results till at least 3-4 months. I think I already see regrowth after 5 weeks (may be i'm imagining) lol

save your money- I would kill for that hairline.

Based on these pics , I personally, wouldn't be able to tell you had work done .
    That being said, at 21 , I think you were too young to have had something done and it now sounds like your expectations were too high .
    See if you can take two or three weeks off and buzz it to a # 2 ' you then can see what you are dealing with .

This is me , 14 yrs later, after 1 HT. I just said F*ck it , I don't want any more HT's , im fine , never been happier

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-after-12-yrs-)

Good luck