Threaded View

Default Hair treatment for MPB in teenagers

I'm 16 and currently thinning on top. Also am experiencing a lot of peach fuzz. I started a topic in Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic, but I've decide it is better to start a topic here since I have some specific questions about treatment (so sorry as this might come across as cross-posting). Btw I will see a dermatologist soon, but I thought it would be useful to gain some information here first.

I've already been recommended to start using rogaine and nizoral by a poster and to start with propecia in my 20's to help stabilizing the process even further. But I was thinking: since I'm in one of the very first stages of balding, would it be realistic to think that I could get away with using rogaine and a DHT-blocker shampoo only for a long period as stabilization for my MPB? With a long period I was think about 10 years at least.

The only reason I'm thinking this is because of the early stage my balding is in. I know propecia is much more effective than every other product on the market right now (except dutasterine but that's more or less the same), but the side effects scare me (yes I've been reading too many horror stories lately. It would be pretty awesome if minoxidil and a DHT blocking shampoo could keep me out of trouble for a long time.

Thanks in advance