+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Btw Joachim you are right my mistake sorry. The decrease of diameter by duplication seems indeed bigger 25%, not 5%!
    yes, that's the problem. 75% of the initial diameter sounds like a good deal, but in fact it's reducing the volume of the hair to poor 56%, practically halved volume, also less robust.
    the only hope is that acell or other miracle compounds can change that.

additionally, i see another problem: when nigam came up with the donor doubling approach, i always wondered how would he guarantee that he inserts the bisected tiny halve (the lower portion, where only the dermal papilla is attached) into the recipient slits the right way? if you insert it the wrong way (pointing downwards) then you would have an ingrown hair which would be a huge problem. (there was a forum member here who experienced that horrible situation with many follicles because nigam worked with a choi implanter and during insertion the graft flipped and changed its direction, suddenly pointing downwards). was it boldy, who experienced that? i don't remember exactly. doctors couldn't help him and there's no way to find out where those hairs are located, to pull them out again.
    i guess boldy has to live with that situation forever, causing pain and inflammation.
    since that horrible event we never heard back from this user. has anybody heard from him in the meantime?

so now imagine you have to insert a tiny piece of dermal papilla into the slit with the right direction. theres no guarantee one can do that with 100% certainty.

so when dr. wesley manages to achieve regeneration with no significant reduction of diameter, then he has to figure out how to precisely place that bisected dermal papilla into the recipient sites.

BUT with pilofocus he could have an advantage now. because he comes from below the skin, he also extracts a nice portion of the underlying adipose (fat), which is beautifully yellow so it could be much easier to insert that portion, where the doc just have to be careful to put the yellow end first into the slit. still, there's potential for human error, but it's definitely easier with the yellow pudding attached to the papilla.

by the way, there is an easy explanation for this phenomenon on reduced diameter.
    more than a year ago there was this researcher from jahoda's team, who found this forum and stayed for a few weeks to answer us some questions. i don't remember his name and i'm too lazy to search for that thread. however, he said this:

the hair diameter is directly related to the number of DP cells in the hair follicle. each follicle contains about 1000 to 2000 DP cells, if i remember correctly (but the number doesn't matter anyway).

if you split the hair follicle into two halves, then you split the number of cells. so lets say each halve then has around 500 cells afterwards. this results in a smaller diameter of course. yes, the bisected follicle can repair itself, to continue functioning after that, but you didn't force the DP cells to multiply themselves during that split. it may happen that some percentage of the cells really start dividing and multiplying themselves to some extent, but i wouldn't say they restore exactly all the lost 500 cells.

and now acell must come into play, as it is said to exactly promote those regenerative capability (maybe you remember the story of the man with the regrown finger, almost like a salamander, only with acell).
    acell seems to magically tell or force the cells to regenerate the previos state of cells, which seems to be stored somehow in the cells, like a memory.
    so if those DP cells multiply themselves again, to reach the previous number of 1000 cells, then we can expect full thickness of the diameter again.

not impossible in my opinion, but not yet proven. dr. wesley has to hurry up finally.

Reply from Wesley's office:

Thanks to a recent $2.2M research grant, piloscopy is now likely scheduled to be made available with FDA Clearance in a few months. Not only will new patients benefit from this technique, but even patients undergoing current techniques (FUT and FUE) will benefit from this novel approach in a subsequent session.

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post

Thanks to a recent $2.2M research grant, piloscopy is now likely scheduled to be made available with FDA Clearance in a few months. Not only will new patients benefit from this technique, but even patients undergoing current techniques (FUT and FUE) will benefit from this novel approach in a subsequent session.
    Old news.

My question is how did he manage to get FDA approval so quick?

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    My question is how did he manage to get FDA approval so quick?
    He didn't, Pilofocus has been on his agenda for about 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post

This is the same canned message they've been giving for awhile. I believe I got it back in Feb, when they also said they would start with true clinical trials (with 100 grafts) over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    This is the same canned message they've been giving for a while. I believe I got it back in Feb, when they also said they would start with true clinical trials (with 100 grafts) over the summer.

That's very disturbing that the office in the name of Dr. Wesley is disseminating unfactual information.

I sincerely hope Dr. Wesley sees this forum and addresses this issue as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    by the way, there is an easy explanation for this phenomenon on reduced diameter.
    more than a year ago there was this researcher from jahoda's team, who found this forum and stayed for a few weeks to answer us some questions. i don't remember his name and i'm too lazy to search for that thread. however, he said this:

the hair diameter is directly related to the number of DP cells in the hair follicle. each follicle contains about 1000 to 2000 DP cells, if i remember correctly (but the number doesn't matter anyway).

if you split the hair follicle into two halves, then you split the number of cells. so lets say each halve then has around 500 cells afterwards. this results in a smaller diameter of course. yes, the bisected follicle can repair itself, to continue functioning after that, but you didn't force the DP cells to multiply themselves during that split. it may happen that some percentage of the cells really start dividing and multiplying themselves to some extent, but i wouldn't say they restore exactly all the lost 500 cells.

and now acell must come into play, as it is said to exactly promote those regenerative capability (maybe you remember the story of the man with the regrown finger, almost like a salamander, only with acell).
    acell seems to magically tell or force the cells to regenerate the previos state of cells, which seems to be stored somehow in the cells, like a memory.
    so if those DP cells multiply themselves again, to reach the previous number of 1000 cells, then we can expect full thickness of the diameter again.

not impossible in my opinion, but not yet proven. dr. wesley has to hurry up finally.
    Yes you are correct DP size does correlate with hair follicle size and type and it also acts as a instructive niche to many cell types including progenitors. However the funny thing is when you dissect a hair follicle horizontally you donīt touch the DP, it stays intact. Every study or proof of concept has shown horizontal cut being able to yield regeneration. Yet is seems to grow thinner which is interesting.You make some good points indeed with things that would need to be overcome. With the diameter of hair and implantation being a huge focus. Thanks.

**Promotional post removed.**
    Last edited by Winston; 09-28-2015 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.