+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

It is July 2014 and still nothing to show for it, just big words, promises and disappointments

I remember Spencer saying how Dr Carlos showed him powerpoint presentation which was amazing that he cant even talk about it, soo huge and revolutionary..that was last year.

Artista saw the same thing but can't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by ss1980 View Post
    It is July 2014 and still nothing to show for it, just big words, promises and disappointments

I remember Spencer saying how Dr Carlos showed him powerpoint presentation which was amazing that he cant even talk about it, soo huge and revolutionary..that was last year.

Artista saw the same thing but can't talk about it
    I understand you man. This is the only thing I donīt like either. If there is something out there, why canīt people just tell it. Its not like I am going into my laboratory and try to copy that stuff... I wouldnt even go in for a new treatment immediately, but how cool would it be to know for sure there is something when you really need it....

yes, both of them saw this mysterious presentation... which i think wasn't spectactular at all. ok, you enter the scalp from beneath and pluck the grafts, so that no scar from outside is visible (except the hole to insert the instrument). a nice idea and the fact that you can get better graft survival and pluck maybe 2000 donor grafts more than usual because of no scarring, is all good and nice. but we're stil moving hairs from A to B. probably no multiplication at all. the talk about acell is all just hokus pokus malokus. if only 10 of 1000 hairs regenerates itself with acell then it's still crap.
    however, it was extremely hyped up by spencer and artista. perhaps they were highly fascinated about the idea to insert an instrument and come from under the skin. that's all.

pilofocus will not be a gamechanger but it will bring FUE a small step forward.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Yes its called 'confidentiality' ss1980 ..
    Both Spencer and myself had personally been shown that initial PowerPoint presentation via Skype by Dr Wesley himself. (since then he has updated me once again via Skype)
    He has entrusted both of us not to speak too much of his methods specifics.
    Dr Wesley did not show the same thing at the ISHRS conference last year and I can understand why.
    His instrumentation technology has really PROGRESSED now guys.
    He isnt playing any games ,,he is VERY SINCERE at what he is doing.

ss1980 (and everyone else) hang in there bro...we will experience much more POSITIVE times for our hair in the future.

can dr. wesley at least give us a timeline when he will reveal all the secrets? will it be this year, or next year? or even 2016?

hasn't he already patented all stuff? why not talk about it?

at least he can tell us one word regarding donor regeneration. is it reality or not? if yes, to what degree? is it even part of the goal he wants to achieve or is it only about the instruments to provide a scarless procedure?

it's so frustrating being in the dark. it makes us all angry.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    can dr. wesley at least give us a timeline when he will reveal all the secrets? will it be this year, or next year? or even 2016?

hasn't he already patented all stuff? why not talk about it?

at least he can tell us one word regarding donor regeneration. is it reality or not? if yes, to what degree? is it even part of the goal he wants to achieve or is it only about the instruments to provide a scarless procedure?

it's so frustrating being in the dark. it makes us all angry.
    I agree. We are only asking about the regeneration. Is it real and to what degree? If And how long does it take to regenerate? If it takes 6 months then if we want a lot of new hair it will require lots of time so that we can keep re-harvesting the same place. But if it regenerates fast then we can get a lot of coverage fast. We need answers to just a few questions:

1. Is there regeneration?

2. How much regeneration? 10% or what percent?

3. If there's regeneration how long does it take before the same areas can be harvested again and again?

I'm so anxious to hear more on this.

It it's reasonable affordable, will allow a HT without shaving and offers possible regeneration I will be all over this. Otherwise I will just go to Turkey for standard FUE

Tired of waiting around for all these companies and products

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Carlos Wesley, MD's Avatar

Lightbulb

Thank you for your replies, all, and I will try my best to address each of your points.

First off, we don't charge $20K. Fees have not even been determined at this clinical stage of piloscopy. The journalist was simply referring to the range of prices currently charged by different surgeons throughout the world (about $3K to $20K). That is simply all that she meant.

ShookOnes: I appreciate your research, but those investigations do not relate to our use of ACell (we are not placing it in a strip nor are we plucking hairs). As I mentioned in my original presentation, the application of ACell will parallel that used in Dr. Cooley's donor area study (see image below). The proposed difference is this: the piloscopic approach may leave the overlying hair fragment in place within its native environment. Incorportion of ACell (e.g. an ACell 'flush' of the underlying pilosocpic plane) coupled with the native environment holds promise of a percentage of the overlying donor fragments resuming their growth cycle. As our instrument development primarily has taken place on cadaveric tissue, this has not been the recent focus. Neither has hair growth - as both donor hair regeneration and new hair growth would be quite disturbing findings on a cadaveric scalp!! This also speaks to Joachim's point: there was never a mysterious presentation to Spencer or to anyone. It was my presentation of the similarities between Cooley's findings and our approach coupled with the potentially-advantageous differences that truly Spencer understood and shared my excitement for its potential. I have never promised this phenomenon, but do believe in its promise.

Perhaps, most importantly, I would like to respond to hellouser's statement that the "delays" are "embarrassing". The first promise we make as physicians is "First, do no harm." While we have been working diligently to develop instrumentation that meets quality assurance standards and provides a safe and effective method to improve upon the status quo, a number of responsibilities (regulatory, manufacturing, investigational review board, sterilization studies, instrument cleaning assurances, etc.) also come into play. Having a busy practice in NYC to maintain as these are all taking place, it's in nobody's best interest to let any of these important items slip through the cracks. I personally, would feel more reassured than embarrassed knowing that an instrument is being carefully designed rather than hastily thrown together and marketed.

While I certainly understand the frustrations of those who wanted this to be done and ready a long ago, I can assure you that I and my engineering team also share your "bloodshot eyes from sleepless nights scrolling through online forums like Hair Loss Help and Bald Truth Talk". The only difference is that ours come from scrolling through all of the design hurdles that we encounter. Thank you for your patience and we'll keep our nose to the grindstone!

Carlos Wesley, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10028
    844-745-6362
    http://www.drcarloswesley.com
    info@drcarloswesley.com

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Great response Dr Wesley!!

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    The delays on Pilofocus are embarrassing. This should have been a commercially available treatment a long time ago. Whatever else is going on with this is basically a slap to the face of the hair loss community; announced last year only to be released god knows when.
    someone's salty lol. thanks for your reply, Dr.Wesley... I'm hoping that there won't be too huge of a waitlist when you finally release this!