Article on piloscopy...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Why is progress on this STILL this embarrassingly slow? Just release it already, jesus christ, this is pathetic.

Comment

• tedwuji
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by JayM
      Artista, still no news on when you will be getting some new hair?
      ?

Comment

• tedwuji
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by hellouser
        Why is progress on this STILL this embarrassingly slow? Just release it already, jesus christ, this is pathetic.
        Come on man, there are understandably a lot of tweaks to finess with something like this. And if it offers everything suggested, it will be well worth the wait. However, the end of July was supposed to be the beginning of small trials (100 grafts). We should be given an update on that fairly soon...

Comment

• champpy
          • Apr 2015

Late august now. Anyone heard a peep about the 100 graft trials?

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by champpy
            I wouldnt be surprised if there were (yet again) more DELAYS.... for whatever reason.

Comment

• Kiwi
              • Mar 2011

Hehe - maybe they are doing their current trials in mice :P

Comment

• tedwuji
                • Jun 2014

Should be direct news any day now, or at least Artista coming to tell us somethin.

Comment

• champpy
                  • Apr 2015

Man tedwuji, i hope youre right. For petes sake i just want something to look forward to. Piloscopy and replicel have had waaaay to many delays. I dont know what to make of it. Plenty of volunteers are willing i assume. Ground work for the procedure has been laid. Whats the deal?

Im going to be needing a transplant in the next two yrs and im praying this is approved by then, but at this rate.....f me

Comment

• tedwuji
                    • Jun 2014

Man tedwuji, i hope youre right. For petes sake i just want something to look forward to. Piloscopy and replicel have had waaaay to many delays. I dont know what to make of it. Plenty of volunteers are willing i assume. Ground work for the procedure has been laid. Whats the deal?

Im going to be needing a transplant in the next two yrs and im praying this is approved by then, but at this rate.....f me
                    im in the same boat as u. i want a transplant in the next 3 years.

Comment

• Javert
                      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by tedwuji
                      im in the same boat as u. i want a transplant in the next 3 years.
                      This.

Comment

• Javert
                        • Jun 2013

This is an email I recieved.

July 8, 2015

Thank you for your interest expressed on the Pilofocus website.

The piloscope is now ready for limited clinical use in a select group of patients. Development and testing of the device that enables select harvesting of the stem-cell containing portion of hair follicles without traumatizing the overlying skin surface has led us to this point. The company (Pilofocus) overview can be seen here.

Beginning at the end of July 2015, a handful of patients will be able to undergo very limited surgical hair restoration with this method. The cases will initially involve transplantation of approximately 100-200 follicular units. Although this "scarless surgical" method will eventually be made available to all hair types, patients most suitable for the initial piloscopic procedures are those who have previously undergone follicular unit transplantation (FUT) as the instrument will harvest donor hair adjacent to their donor scar. There is no charge for patients selected to take part in these initial, small pilosocpic procedures.

Please email, Barbara, our office manager at info@drcarloswesley.com or call 844-PILOFOCUS (1-844-745-6362) for more information.

Comment

• Swooping
                          • May 2014

Don't worry if it doesn't work out just get a normal FUE from a good doc. Has brought me to being a Norwood 1 now. Should have made the decision way earlier!

Comment

• brocktherock
                            • Dec 2013

If this works it'll mean you can use like twice as many grafts for the same price as fue or more. Even if it's perfect, itll be way more expensive than anyone can afford

Comment

• Carlos Wesley, MD
                              IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                              • Nov 2012

I'll be presenting an update on the development of our surgical device (the piloscope) as well as early phase clinical testing at this year's ISHRS Meeting in Chicago.

The updated conference program can be viewed here.
                              Carlos Wesley, MD
                              Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                              View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
                              New York, NY 10028
                              844-745-6362
                              http://www.drcarloswesley.com
                              info@drcarloswesley.com

Comment

• champpy
                                • Apr 2015

Dr. Wesley,
                                Can you at least let us know if the 100 graft trials have begun yet? I think we are all very anxious to know if its started or on hold?
                                Thanks a million

Comment

Working...