+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hello EVERYONE (finally)
    First of all, I apologize for once again being very 'silent' on our forum.
    As some of you may know, a close family member of mine went in for major surgery recently!
    She is doing fine now.
    Of course I had focused all of my attention to her, on her health & well-being .
    All is well now--thankfully!! I appreciate the well-wishes that i have received-thanks!
    Now to my updated conversation with Dr Wesley....

On October the 3rd 2014, Dr Wesley had gone back out to Utah to test a newer iteration/version of his device in which the angling of the hair beneath the skin surface is being better perfected.
    This round of 'tweaking' is meant to perfectly angle the instrument from below the surface to make sure that it matches the follicles angles and directions ,,thats one of the things that has been taking a little bit more time to finish up-By the way-its going very WELL!
    Federally speaking, there must be a 3-4 month testing procedure (with at least 2 patients) whenever there is an alteration of a sanctioned surgical device ...and then to incorporate that into the the instrumentation.

After that Dr Wesley can then move forward with restarting his major Phase Testings.
    HOPEFULLY The Phase Testings will resume/continue in early December this YEAR.
    Dr Wesley will be submitting two textbook chapters / a large manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal on Piloscopy over the next 10 days to Dr Sam Lam's "Hair Transplant 360 Textbooks"
    He is writing a chapter committed to his method and once those are completed and published, he will then be able to show a few more images of his procedures.
    ("FUE verses Pilofocus" additions)
    Another thing he talked with me about was his APPRECIATION and THANKS to all of those many people from this forum and abroad that had offered group funding but Dr Wesley and his crew already DO have a new and very good round of finance funding due to the quality of his ongoing trial work.

Once again, sorry for the delay but ,,here I am..lol.

Stay strong my friends! I feel that December will finally be the restarting of his Phase Testing!!
    And yes, I am slated to be a patient towards the middle of the Phase Testing Trials.
    This will be exciting!
    Artista/Dr Wesley:

I know how busy you are with work, family and life. However, it could be a good idea that some of you posts some news about every month or two, so that people can have an idea of what would be available in a reasonable timeframe. Being patient is important but keeping Hope is even more I think.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello all, Wnt sorry for the delay in responding after reading it on my smartphone(as well as to all else),
    I have not had a conversation with Dr Wesley in quite a while.
    It does not make me concerned of course. I know him to be a good man and he has been VERY involved in that 3-4 month testing procedure to PERFECT his specialized endoscopic tool.
    I also remember that he spoke of possibly resuming his Phase Testing early this month, December.
    I should be hearing from him soon my friends.
    Sorry that i have not been active here.
    My life has been 'getting in the way' of course, i.e. work/family.
    My main focus for always being here has been to always try to HELP the community using commonsense and life facts.
    Striving for today is IMPERATIVE. Please do not ALLOW hair loss to ruin your lives. I know for the very young guys with hair loss it can be so very disturbing.
    The great thing is that at some point in the future there will be great advancements.
    Medical science has been advancing so well in-part due to the mapping our our genes- 'Genome Project'.

Back to our point here, Im sure that Dr Wesley will be in contact with me this month.
    Ill give him a call later today as well.
    Cheers to ALL.

Doesn't Carlos Wesley look like George Clooney?

As for me I am done with this bullshit piloxil #2 by Wesley... I have booked a procedure with Dr Mwamba and will get his FIT/FUE without scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Wnt View Post
    As for me I am done with this bullshit piloxil #2 by Wesley... I have booked a procedure with Dr Mwamba and will get his FIT/FUE without scars.
    You're probably better off. At the slow pace Wesley is working on, it'll probably be another few years before he does anything credible with commercialization of pilofocus.

Can Artista or somebody ask Dr Wesley to give an update himself on the situation of his device, just like the good news that Dr Mwamba just gave in another thread?

I am not saying that he owes us details, but a bit more clarity would help us make informed decisions. There is too much speculation on the forum lately, and this really does not help.

I consider this a major problem. Few, especially non-sufferers, take hair loss seriously. It's considered, as the doctor said, "frivolous". I think that's a mistake. Everyone has a self image and what they value about their bodies. If you told someone a major aesthetic change to their body were going to occur, and it's only a matter of what ones they value most, they would come to see your point of view straightaway. It's just a matter of values.

I won't even talk to my psychiatrist about it because I'm pretty sure I know what will happen and I don't need the invalidation. Plus I try to keep it under wraps in my immediate social circles because for me it is a very, very private issue that I don't want to discuss with most family or friends. Am I clinically depressed with co-occurring anxiety and paranoia? Absolutely. That doesn't make how I feel invalid though. Part of what exacerbates my depression is hair loss. When I got on finasteride, I felt so much better because I knew I was doing something about it.

It's unfortunate that the article portrayed hair loss as it did, as "frivolous", but I just chalk it up as a symptom of a culture that lacks empathy for sufferers.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiaDestroya View Post
    I consider this a major problem. Few, especially non-sufferers, take hair loss seriously. It's considered, as the doctor said, "frivolous". I think that's a mistake. Everyone has a self image and what they value about their bodies. If you told someone a major aesthetic change to their body were going to occur, and it's only a matter of what ones they value most, they would come to see your point of view straightaway. It's just a matter of values.

I won't even talk to my psychiatrist about it because I'm pretty sure I know what will happen and I don't need the invalidation. Plus I try to keep it under wraps in my immediate social circles because for me it is a very, very private issue that I don't want to discuss with most family or friends. Am I clinically depressed with co-occurring anxiety and paranoia? Absolutely. That doesn't make how I feel invalid though. Part of what exacerbates my depression is hair loss. When I got on finasteride, I felt so much better because I knew I was doing something about it.

It's unfortunate that the article portrayed hair loss as it did, as "frivolous", but I just chalk it up as a symptom of a culture that lacks empathy for sufferers.
    Hey dude,

Where in Canada are you? I have a feeling if you're in Toronto area, it doesn't surprise me because the GTA is extremely superficial. I'm not sure if the hypergamous women here can be found anywhere else in the world. The fact that we're cursed with this disease in a city based on such shallow expectation is no place for us to be.

I'm very much the same wiht social circles and keeping it under wraps, only ONE of my best friends knows about my situation. My mom, dad and sister are all aware though but they keep quiet. What's worst about this is that opening up about it to anyone renders further humiliation rather than sympathy. I really have no idea why something like baldness is the ONLY allowable disease to be mocked. Acne, obesity, etc. and almost all other 'aesthetic' deficiencies are exempt. But why baldness? Is it because its the only one that affects men? It's very obvious that men don't exist ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAuqkqxk9A ) so perhaps the culture change in the last 20+ years has cast out bald men into a gutter class of society like common circus freaks? But... how did it start? Any change for this will be useless, it'd take decades and by then we'll be much too old to give much of a damn, and many of us will be dead anyway, having walked on this planet for a brief time whilst being crippled and experiencing the worst life has to offer.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Recidive, I did call Dr Wesley's office and asked that he call me when its proper for him to.
    Hopefully Ill hear from him soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi Recidive, I did call Dr Wesley's office and asked that he call me when its proper for him to.
    Hopefully Ill hear from him soon.
    Thanks for the updates man! Have you heard about Rahal being involved with Piloscopy?