+ Reply to Thread

Default Crowd funding website

Can you imagine a democratic and transparent website that collected donations from people who are seeking a cure for hair loss around the world. We could potentially raise a very significant sum of money. We could display a counter as the money accumulates to entice researchers. Then, we could have researchers and biotech companies apply for grants and inform us of their research. At that point, those who have donated can engage in a vote to determine how to best distribute the money. I'm not sure if I articulated that well enough, but I think it could definitely bring us a cure sooner than otherwise possible

A lawyer and web designer could make this happen.. The lawyer enforcing and ensuring transparency and the web designer doing his or her thing

With all the scams out there, people are going to want proof of something before any money gets thrown into the pot.

Get Jahoda or Lauster to guarantee you that with x amount of money they will be able to consistently grow an unlimited amount of hair.

Until you get that, don't expect anyone to donate a penny.

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    A lawyer and web designer could make this happen.. The lawyer enforcing and ensuring transparency and the web designer doing his or her thing
    This is monumental underestimating of the amount of work that's involved in such a project.

You're assuming the web designer knows how to

a) technical knowledge of photoshop, illustrator and perhaps indesign for print materials
    b) capable of sound and aesthetically CORRECT design
    c) code with html, css, php, javascript, mysql
    d) copywrite
    e) develop video and photographic content (colour corrections, sound editing, video editing, etc)
    f) experience with marketing
    g) experience with social media
    h) competence in public relations
    i) competence with correspondence; answering emails, tweets, facebook posts as there will be MANY
    j) overseeing finances and expenses

You don't really expect ONE guy to do all that, do you?

Can you imagine a democratic and transparent website that collected donations from people who are seeking a cure for hair loss around the world. We could potentially raise a very significant sum of money. We could display a counter as the money accumulates to entice researchers. Then, we could have researchers and biotech companies apply for grants and inform us of their research. At that point, those who have donated can engage in a vote to determine how to best distribute the money. I'm not sure if I articulated that well enough, but I think it could definitely bring us a cure sooner than otherwise possible

\

https://experiment.com/

there are others too

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    This is monumental underestimating of the amount of work that's involved in such a project.

You're assuming the web designer knows how to

a) technical knowledge of photoshop, illustrator and perhaps indesign for print materials
    b) capable of sound and aesthetically CORRECT design
    c) code with html, css, php, javascript, mysql
    d) copywrite
    e) develop video and photographic content (colour corrections, sound editing, video editing, etc)
    f) experience with marketing
    g) experience with social media
    h) competence in public relations
    i) competence with correspondence; answering emails, tweets, facebook posts as there will be MANY
    j) overseeing finances and expenses

You don't really expect ONE guy to do all that, do you?
    Ok you're missing the point. What do you think about the idea

Ok you're missing the point. What do you think about the idea
    I've already expressed my thoughts on this and its a relatively EASY means of getting millions of dollars of funds. The problem is finding;

a) competent people in each of those areas of expertise
    b) competent people in each of those areas of expertise willing to COMMIT to the project

This isn't a one man job unless you want to cut corners and be seen as a joke.

I agree I think we're taking millions of dollars. And I think this could be the difference between bring a product to market within the next 3-5 years and just waiting around hoping things will get done on their own

To get full financial transparency, the project could use Bitcoin and Multi Signature Addresses

Of course it's a great idea. And it's come up before.

But lets be real, there are different groups of actions we take and most of us fall into multiple categories: 1) try different treatments 2) keep up to date with research 3) complain.

Number 3 tends to occur without any action. We're all enthusiastic, many of us want something to come to market sooner or at least expedite things, hell some of us even have some money, but no one is willing to actually do anything in this regard. Sure some people will say they've discussed plans with a couple other users or whatever, one guy said he'd really get the ball rolling and proceeded to disappear. This is fine of course, that's how it is and that's how most people are since we all have our lives and are busy with other things, and I'm not free of blame either. Just pointing it out.