Threaded View

Default Having Penis Surgery Tomorrow

I know that this has nothing to do with hairloss, but I can't talk to any of my friends and family about this because I am too embarrassed. Since no one on this site knows me in real life and I don't use my last name here I feel comfortable telling y'all, and I have this need to talk to somebody about this problem I am having.

Tomorrow I am having a inclusion cyst removed from the head of my penis as well as a frenuloplasty. The inclusion cyst and my tight frenulum have been present my entire life and are complications of my circumcision which I had as an infant. A quick google search will show you that these are both somewhat common complications of circumcision. The cyst is on the bottom of the head of my penis, and is connected directly to what is left of my extremely tight frenulum (the rubber band that runs from your head to the shaft skin).

I used to be extremely self-conscious of what my penis looked like when I was younger, and I had to explain to every girl who saw my penis that I didn't have an STD I just had a messed up dick. This never stopped any girl who was already going to have sex with me from doing so, and I even dated some girls for months who definitely saw the cyst and even gave me oral, but never said or asked me anything about the cyst. The tight frenulum causes me to have somewhat uncomfortable erections, and when girls gave me hand jobs and pushed into me instead of pulling it caused me a great deal of pain. They didn't know not to, of course, because their past sexual partners didn't have this problem. I asked my family doctor when I was 16 if I could have the cyst removed, but he told me that the risk was that I might have painful erections from removal of the cyst and it was better to leave it alone since the cyst didn't actually hurt and wasn't doing me any harm other than looking ugly. He explained to me that if it got bigger, or became painful, I would have to get it removed. I am now 24.

Somewhat recently I was masturbating and accidentally pulled too tight on my shaft which stretched the frenulum and the cyst attached to it. Both became swollen and red, and the cyst swelled to 3 times its normal size. This was incredibly painful, and it still hurts now to the touch. I didn't go the doctor right away and hoped that the swelling would go away, but instead the cyst became infected and began leaking pus. I went to a urologist Monday and was told I will need surgery to correct this.

The surgery will consist of 2 incisions on either side of the cyst, and an incision to remove the frenulum from the cyst. Once the cyst is removed the 2 incisions will be stitched together using dissolvable stitches and the frenulum will be cut and both newly cut parts of the frenulum will be stitched to the penis with dissolvable stitches giving my frenulum more free travel so that it is no longer tight and uncomfortable. I will be knocked out with general anesthesia for this, and should fully recover in 3 weeks.

I am very scared to have this operation, but I really need it. If it goes badly and I lose more than I bargain for I don't think I will be able to cope. On the other hand if it goes well I will be happier than I have been in a long time. The surgeon seems very skilled and confident, but there's always that "what if" and it scares the hell out of me.

For anyone who took the time to read this, thank you.