+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    similar to HIV. it's been taught to kids exactly what it is since middle school in hopes a baby genius will come up with a revolutionary idea. i've known how it works since gr3, and so has almost every toddler around the world. yet no cure for decades. the next generation will have something else, just like this generation will have piloscopy. humankind is slow progress
    Well HIV is quite treatable right now. If they can only get hair loss to be treatable without a drug that totally wrecks your body then I will be satisfied. I have no interest in hair transplants, they make your hair look thin in the back and on the top it looks shit, i don't care what anyone on here says. The only times I've seen it look decent is when there wasn't a ton of loss to begin with. I do think that regenerating follicles from scratch will happen, it's just gonna take a long time. If you're really lucky and you're 21, you might have something really amazing by the time you are my age, which trust me is still really young. Definitely work hard for that money though.

also shookones, just shave it dude. so much better than hiding under a hat, the only thing that girls don't like is a lack of confidence. i know tons of girls dating cue ball bald guys, including two of my exes. I know it's a bit stranger when you are so young, but by the time girls are in their late 20's they won't care at all. I was feeling sorry for this dude who works in my studio building and has universal alopecia, and must be like 22. He's always really shy and ducks past me, so I was thinking he wasn't outgoing at all. The other night i left and he was smooching outside with his GF who was incredibly cute. Everything is possible, just dress well, be fit, be outgoing, and forget this bullshit forum. A cure would be nice for everyone, but there's no reason to limit yourself or be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    If they can only get hair loss to be treatable without a drug that totally wrecks your body then I will be satisfied.
    SD, what sides did you get if you don't mind me asking ?

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    The only approved medications are finasteride and minoxidil. You can do research on if these can regrow temple hair or hairlines, or you can ask a dermatologist. My understanding is that they do not. All of the other stuff people are talking about on here is theoretical and almost definitely a number of years off if even feasible at all.
    Thank you for answer
    i was hoping that there's some new company working on something new that could grow hair on temples, like Histogen (that is now dead)

Yes, we are decades away from a good effective treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    Thank you for answer
    i was hoping that there's some new company working on something new that could grow hair on temples, like Histogen (that is now dead)

Yes, we are decades away from a good effective treatment.

There's a difference between intelligent deduction and projection based on facts, and then there's just throwing around nonsense: Why do you say histogen is dead? last I talked to them they were between trials and satisfied with their first one, which could mean anything. But yeah, growing hair on the temples isn't easy, mainly because it's pretty much just a part of being a man. I even know a lot of women that hardly have hair on the temples. Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by JZA70 View Post
    SD, what sides did you get if you don't mind me asking ?
    Dull Headaches, low energy, watery semen, low libido, and most of all pain in the testicles. Pretty much the worst sides I could imagine. I value my brian and dick. All of these resolved as soon as i stopped taking fin, and started again whenever I tried again. Only took like as quarter pill every other day. I'm sensitive to drugs, but I can't imagine anyone is taking it without damage, whether they feel it or not. It blocks an essential enzyme (5ar) that keeps your brain and nuts healthy . I'm jnterested in trying the topical version, but only ones I know that prescribe are Hasson and Wong

There's a difference between intelligent deduction and projection based on facts, and then there's just throwing around nonsense: Why do you say histogen is dead? last I talked to them they were between trials and satisfied with their first one, which could mean anything. But yeah, growing hair on the temples isn't easy, mainly because it's pretty much just a part of being a man. I even know a lot of women that hardly have hair on the temples. Who cares.
    1- Temples on some people looks different, person can look like mikey mouse. so it depends.. i look so stupid with those huge tempels i have.. it changes all my look.
    2- Yes, Temples are very hard to regrow, for me, anything that can grow hair on temples, i consider it as a "cure"...
    3- Histogen was supposed to go on with phase 3, but instead they lost their sponsor (i guess a month after they had a contract with him), and stopped giving any updates...its sounds very very bad and i prefer to lower my expectation...
    4- i was visiting these forum for 5 years... all the treatments we were expecting to have, are now dead.......!

Btw i am not one of those guys who are waiting for a cure, and a full head of hair. Just hoping for a better treatment than fin and minoxidil without serious side effects.. sadly we need something that can regrow our hair, and not just preventive treatment...
    i can handle thin little hair, but at least give me back my hairline....

Whatever

Dull Headaches, low energy, watery semen, low libido, and most of all pain in the testicles. Pretty much the worst sides I could imagine. I value my brian and dick. All of these resolved as soon as i stopped taking fin, and started again whenever I tried again. Only took like as quarter pill every other day. I'm sensitive to drugs, but I can't imagine anyone is taking it without damage, whether they feel it or not. It blocks an essential enzyme (5ar) that keeps your brain and nuts healthy . I'm jnterested in trying the topical version, but only ones I know that prescribe are Hasson and Wong

it went away after a month for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    1- Temples on some people looks different, person can look like mikey mouse. so it depends.. i look so stupid with those huge tempels i have.. it changes all my look.
    2- Yes, Temples are very hard to regrow, for me, anything that can grow hair on temples, i consider it as a "cure"...
    3- Histogen was supposed to go on with phase 3, but instead they lost their sponsor (i guess a month after they had a contract with him), and stopped giving any updates...its sounds very very bad and i prefer to lower my expectation...
    4- i was visiting these forum for 5 years... all the treatments we were expecting to have, are now dead.......!

Btw i am not one of those guys who are waiting for a cure, and a full head of hair. Just hoping for a better treatment than fin and minoxidil without serious side effects.. sadly we need something that can regrow our hair, and not just preventive treatment...
    i can handle thin little hair, but at least give me back my hairline....

Whatever
    yeah that's why it's hard to get all hyped about things like CB and replicel and whatnot. Just as likely that they will fail. That's a bummer about histogen. Has anyone asked them about where they are at? I think there is a collective learning going on though, and as time passes, things are less likely to fail just based on the fact that the ones that failed so far were kind of the precursors. I really wish people had seen results with CB so far, because they do know that targeting the androgen pathway at least provides real results. I'd be happy with anything similar to fin in effectiveness, it's essentially a cure, at least for a good period of time.