+ Reply to Thread

Default Would appreciate any advice

Hi
    I am Andrew and I am a 24 year old living in Sweden.
    Approx three years ago I noticed that at the sides my hairline had gone back a bit, ever since this moment, there has been an underlying worry about this. Today I still have most of my hair but I think the hairline has receded a little more, though no sign of a bald patch on top.

I am aware it's just normal male pattern baldness and nothing more sinister but still I am worried that it will get a lot worse and would really appreciate any advice that will help retain the hair I still have and if at all possible restore what I have lost. I have done a little research and have discovered that drinking green tea and eating soy can help but would also like to ask people here if they have any ideas what I can do?

PS - I am open to trying Rogaine and any other drugs, but it's difficult to know in my exact situation where to start.

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewPD View Post
    Hi
    I am Andrew and I am a 24 year old living in Sweden.
    Approx three years ago I noticed that at the sides my hairline had gone back a bit, ever since this moment, there has been an underlying worry about this. Today I still have most of my hair but I think the hairline has receded a little more, though no sign of a bald patch on top.

I am aware it's just normal male pattern baldness and nothing more sinister but still I am worried that it will get a lot worse and would really appreciate any advice that will help retain the hair I still have and if at all possible restore what I have lost. I have done a little research and have discovered that drinking green tea and eating soy can help but would also like to ask people here if they have any ideas what I can do?

PS - I am open to trying Rogaine and any other drugs, but it's difficult to know in my exact situation where to start.

Thanks for any help.
    Welcome to the forum Andrew! The first step would be to see a doctor, preferably someone who understands hair loss. The only drugs that have been proven effective and are prescribed throughout the world for hair loss are Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil) . Propecia is the most effective, but does come with the risk of possible side effecst like most drugs. It’s really your best chance of keeping the hair that you have, but you have to be aware of all potential risks and discuss these with your doctor. You can read a lot about the pros and potential cons of Proepcia on this forum.