Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default acell - its a dud

Hey guys. I know some people hate on Rassman but I've been reading his blog, as I have these forums for many a year. And unlike the other docs who harp on about Acell like its a miracle (miracle money makey) it turns out that its a dud.

DO NOT TRUST THE HYPE- I TRIED ACELL WITH COOLEY. IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING SPECIAL.

http://baldingblog.com/2014/07/02/acell-update-for-nhi/

Some over hyped drs have something to explain here...

Don't trust doctors, trust evidence.

Big props for Rassman for putting this out there !! The industry needs more docs like him. I never bought the whole regeneration story on Acell and when Dr Cole openly claimed that with Acell he not only could just generate a whole new follicle but also have that follicle grow hair long enough to pierce the skin, all in just 1 month, I knew for sure it was BS, cause that's just impossible (even an existing follicle would have a hard time generating hair long enough to pierce the skin in under 1 month and as we know from literature, generating the follicle itself also takes more time than just 1 month, so anything under 2 months is a BS claim).

And thanks for posting this Kiwi, nice find !

I never saw anything interesting about ACELL..... and let's face it, other than the single image from Dr. Cooley (the one that Dr. Wesley showed during his Pilofocus presentation).... nobody has ever seen anything from ACELL showing it works the way some people here claim it does. NOBODY. That in itself should raise serious flags for everyone.

If you say it works, SHOW THE PROOF.
    Last edited by Winston; 07-06-2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

The only possible advantage I can see of using ACell during a hair transplant is to signal the skin to heal as if it was not damaged in the first place. That seems to be the real miracle of Acell. In untouched skin collagen proteins overlap in several random directions giving it that soft texture, but once the skin is damaged collagen grows and align in one direction forming the scar. Virgin skin and scar tissue are made of the same stuff, just arranged differently. Acell seems to return skin to its original form after it has been damaged.
    One advantage of using it is that FUE scars MIGHT still be able to produce melanin if healed using Acell and strip scars might be easier to remove, giving the scalp more elasticity if a person needs a second or third strip.

I already think it’s been proven that ACell does not regenerate donor hair and at this stage nothing does. There are no miracle hair transplants, just good ones and bad ones.

can we conclude from this that pilofocus will most likely have LITTLE to NONE regeneration?

Quote Originally Posted by rhysmorgan View Post
    Don't trust doctors, trust evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    If you say it works, SHOW THE PROOF.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    can we conclude from this that pilofocus will most likely have LITTLE to NONE regeneration?
    I don’t think that Dr. Wesley is even going for regeneration. It was just brought up a couple of times and I think he said that it might be possible with the help of ACell or by just leaving some of the follicle left behind after extraction. I don’t think that is his main focus, just internet gossip and theory. Anyone who thinks that today's hair transplants are anything more than moving hair from one place to another is just misinformed and overly hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    Anyone who thinks that today's hair transplants are anything more than moving hair from one place to another is just misinformed and overly hopeful.
    +1