Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    What "proof" could anyone supply in a forum other than photos?
    Peer reviewed publication, like the rest of the scientific and medical community.

I brought up cloned animals as an example of an extraordinary modern medical breakthrough that few, if any question.
    It has been published with evidence ( http://www.nature.com/nature/journal.../385810a0.html ). The scientific community has scrutinised, verified and repeated this method of animal cloning.

To say that a comparison (which wasn't the main reason I brought it up) is ridiculous, is a ridiculous statement in itself. Most people know, that all living things have a multitude of things in common.
    Almost every cell in the human body contains a copy of the "blueprint" for an entire body. Cloned animals follow the "blueprint". If not in the case of a horse, how could it become a copy of the original horse? Most of us couldn't even draw a picture of a decent horse.
    I suggest you read this page and associated references to understand the method by which animals can be cloned (even if they also have hair). It has nothing to do with your (or any other) proposed mechanism of Acell action:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_transfer

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Peer reviewed publication, like the rest of the scientific and medical community.

It has been published with evidence ( http://www.nature.com/nature/journal.../385810a0.html ). The scientific community has scrutinised, verified and repeated this method of animal cloning.

I suggest you read this page and associated references to understand the method by which animals can be cloned (even if they also have hair). It has nothing to do with your (or any other) proposed mechanism of Acell action:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_transfer
    I prefer to see people being skeptical and questioning, rather than accepting every remedy and claim that comes along.

The two fundamental benefits of ACell are extracellular matrix "scaffolding" and cell signalling. Whether ACell or another product play a future role in improved follicle regeneration is anybody's guess. Scaffolding and cell signalling will certainly play a role in one form or another in higher percentages of regeneration.

Stem cells are undifferentiated cells that can differentiate into specialized cells and can divide (through mitosis) to produce more stem cells and are found in multicellular organisms. In mammals, there are two broad types of stem cells: embryonic stem cells, and adult stem cells, that are found in various tissues. In adult organisms, stem cells and progenitor cells act as a repair system for the body, replenishing adult tissues. In a developing embryo, stem cells can differentiate into all the specialized cells—ectoderm, endoderm and mesoderm but also maintain the normal turnover of regenerative organs, such as blood, skin, or intestinal tissues.

All living things are related and have their similarities. Humans share a high percentage of genes with a wide variety of living things. For example 98% with chimpanzees and even 76% with honeybees. Cell division with the goal of successfully becoming a specific cell or eventually a complete living creature depend upon the DNA "blueprint" of life. So whether cells divide to create a clone, identical twins or a hair follicle, it happens according to the "master plan", DNA, the blueprint of life.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Instead of supplying the proof everybody asks for, you decide to give an elementary lecture on Stem cells which most 10 years old already know, about chimpanzees and honeybees ...

I'm going to give up, you're not going to supply proof, but rather talk about moon landings, holocaust denial, cloning sheep, honeybees and chimpanzees. If I have a question on any of these subjects, I'll know where to find you. And about Acell we all safely can assume now you're on par with Gho and Nigam. Fairytale land ...

35yearsold makes me even question if Cole is even a competent doctor the way he pays this kid to post bullshit. "I prefer to see people being skeptical and questioning, rather than accepting every remedy and claim that comes along."... we accept the remedies and claims because they're facts. you prefer to see us skeptical because that's all you can get from us

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Right ? I can't imagine a serious doctor would want to pay that kid to promote him. He makes dr Cole look REALLY bad.
    I don't recall a time when personal insults helped anyone win a debate.

Every one of the medical doctors who have come to Dr. Cole's office for hair restoration surgery have opted for ACell to be administered during their surgery. Dentists, urologists, general practitioners, anesthesiologists, the list goes on. As I have stated, ACell does the research and the FDA dictates what they can claim. Because research at the level the FDA recognizes can be cost prohibitive, any company headed by sensible leadership will take the general rather than specific research approach to prove the effectiveness of their product.

If some of you are expecting any hair restoration doctor to spend millions of dollars and perform the level of research the FDA requires to prove another company's product, you're living in a dream world. Dr. Cole performed his own study to prove to himself that ACell is effective and worth the cost. We share that information with people and allow them to make the decision, whether of not to have it administered during surgery. If you don't believe it works, don't use it.

I use a lot of products I have never read the research on. For instance triple antibiotic ointment. I assume it's effective at killing bacteria and its been tested and proven, otherwise it wouldn't be available to purchase.

There is a great deal of soft tissue in the human body and ACell has a multitude of uses and potential uses. There is a mention of hair on the ACell website contrary to what another poster claimed. The mention of hair regrowth relates to 2nd degree burns on a patient's arm that was treated with ACell.

http://acell.com/extraordinary-cases/2nd-degree-burn/

To further illustrate ACell's broad application, here is an example of acute finger trauma:

http://acell.com/extraordinary-cases...finger-trauma/

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Right ? I can't imagine a serious doctor would want to pay that kid to promote him. He makes dr Cole look REALLY bad.
    he is bad actually. he believes his own stuff. I don't question his credibility but common, he compared acell to histogen and concluded acell is better.

I don't recall a time when personal insults helped anyone win a debate.
    Well you're the one comparing people who doubt Acell to holocaust deniers. Anyway I'm out of here, debating with you have shown of zero use, you keep posting huge chunks of text and now you're claiming that if Acell can regenerate a finger tip, it should also regenerate hair It's useless, you have shown you dont care about demonstrating proof and we keep running in circles and that's how it still will be 20 pages later on.
    Last edited by Winston; 07-15-2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    he is bad actually. he believes his own stuff. I don't question his credibility but common, he compared acell to histogen and concluded acell is better.
    ACell is available for purchase and Histogen is not available for purchase. When/if Histogen ever gets FDA Approval, Dr. Cole will look into it. Everyone wants more effective hair loss products. Listening to a few of you guys, I get the impression you're rooting for your favorite research team, or doctor like it were a baseball or soccer team. Just because Dr. Cole thought the Histogen photos were unimpressive shouldn't imply he doesn't want Histogen to be successful.

Chuck

Well you're the one comparing people who doubt Acell to holocaust deniers. Anyway I'm out of here, debating with you have shown of zero use, you keep posting huge chunks of text and now you're claiming that if Acell can regenerate a finger tip, it should also regenerate hair It's useless, you have shown you dont care about demonstrating proof and we keep running in circles and that's how it still will be 20 pages later on.
    You seem serious. Why not create the guidelines for a study that is up to your standard, present it to us and we will give you a cost estimate which you will either raise funds for, or pay out of your own pocket. You don't think we are going to pay for a study designed to convince you of ACell's effectiveness, do you? We already know ACell is effective.

Chuck
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 07-15-2014 at 11:04 AM.

You seem serious. Why not create the guidelines for a study that is up to your standard, present it to us and we will give you a cost estimate which you will either raise funds for, or pay out of your own pocket. You don't think we are going to pay for a study designed to convince you of ACell's effectiveness, do you? We already know ACell is effective.

Chuck
    This forum is a means for hairloss sufferers, your potential customers, to learn about potential hairloss solutions. You come here to promote dr Cole's Acell's technique, that's all fine, but if I speak only for my self, I would never visit a doctor based on just words, I want proof. And it seems most people here seem to agree with me. They don't want words. It's proof they want. And now I have to fund your study to show that, wouldnt you agree that's the world upside down ?

If you are so sure Acell works, then why not just release the documentation you used to draw your conclusions ? You guys must have done some experimentation right ? Then just show that, so everybody can judge for themselves. Would cost you nothing ! And if it would be any good, then you'd gain tons of customers. Win/win for everybody !