Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    Well acell has to be something if Wesley used it. Maybe he uses it diffidently than cole through piloscopy. When the results of regen are shown, we shall truly expose the scammers... Fingers crossed that there arnt any in the end, though.
    At least 12 of our patients within the last year, are physicians themselves. Every one of them opted to have ACell administered during their surgery. They don't have a problem understanding how and why it works.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Why?!

Because you've made claims of regeneration without backing it up with evidence. I'll say it again:

If you want us to believe ACELL is capable of regenerating follicles, SHOW US the evidence that this happens.
    Who is "US"? You and four other guys? Read my reply to Arashi.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Do you think I care at all whether or not you think ACell lives up to its marketing claims?
    Please show us where they claim Acell can regenerate Hair follicles ! You know as well as everybody else here that Acell NEVER made such claims ! It is YOU who made those claims ! I'm not cynical, but after tons of snake oil salesmen + the obvious nonsense claims by Dr Cole about seeing regeneration within 1 month + the fact that you fail to provide any evidence but only words, I'm EXTREMELY skeptical towards acell as a hair follicle regenerating medium, which everybody clearly can understand.

And then your comparison with denying of the moon landing just was too much, sorry ...

@ DR. Cole associate 35years after,

I actually always believed Coles claims, because he looked very honest, for example in the video where he attacks Histogen, in that video he speaks about acell and regeneration, that he gets 50-70% regeneration. My believe in cole kind of vanished away when he claimed regeneration within a month, that out of each extraction hole there was a hairfolicle growing, this is not possible. It its, but then we're talking about transacted hairs, or teleogen hairs that entered early anagen.

With the data we now have(that we actually know the first 2 months regrowths is added to the final % results, I'm afraid to conclude that the actual best case of regrowth is 20 maybe 30% if more hairs per extraction hole are showing up AFTER 3 months.

An experienced surgeon is aware of such logic in my opinion.

so basically the 50% average regrowth(if they see 1 folcile per hole regrowing, then the actualy regrowth might be 0 to 20-30%)

DR. Cole has tons of patients, Please do us a favour and answer this topic: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-Post-Op/page5

At least 12 of our patients within the last year, are physicians themselves. Every one of them opted to have ACell administered during their surgery. They don't have a problem understanding how and why it works.

acell is cheap and most people believe it's better than nothing. but the actual results seem very minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Please show us where they claim Acell can regenerate Hair follicles ! You know as well as everybody else here that Acell NEVER made such claims ! It is YOU who made those claims ! I'm not cynical, but after tons of snake oil salesmen + the obvious nonsense claims by Dr Cole about seeing regeneration within 1 month + the fact that you fail to provide any evidence but only words, I'm EXTREMELY skeptical towards acell as a hair follicle regenerating medium, which everybody clearly can understand.

And then your comparison with denying of the moon landing just was too much, sorry ...
    Although I'm a believer in healthy skepticism, follicle regeneration when ACell is properly used is pretty much old news. I see it all of the time here at Dr. Cole's office. At this point in time, ACell mixed with hyaluronic acid helps a patient's donor area maintain a fuller appearance after a large number of grafts have been removed. Many respected hair restoration doctors are getting some follicle regeneration using ACell. A while back, I asked our ACell rep why there is no mention of follicle regeneration on their Website. She told me the FDA will not allow such specific claims without prohibitively expensive studies. A study of every regenerative ACell application would bankrupt the company, so they're sticking with the broad regenerative tissue remodeling language.

Dr. Cole sometimes provides ACell treatment at no charge to our patients in need of transplant work who have limited donor hair. Basically means Dr. Cole pays for the ACell powder and pays for the nurse's time and related supplies.

It's difficult to identify follicle regeneration in a donor area even when the area is shaved back down post-op. I marked two obvious spots on the image below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ACell study overlay-flat.jpg

Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	33484

A while back, I asked our ACell rep why there is no mention of follicle regeneration on their Website. She told me the FDA will not allow such specific claims without prohibitively expensive studies.
    For good reason. You are majorly jumping the gun with your claims without actual evidence to back up what you are saying. Don't complain when we ask for evidence on the use of ACell specifically for hair regeneration (which you all but admit---does not exist). You made the claims, therefore burden of proof is on you. Stories about the moon landing are nice, but they won't cut it.

Although I'm a believer in healthy skepticism, follicle regeneration when ACell is properly used is pretty much old news. I see it all of the time here at Dr. Cole's office. At this point in time, ACell mixed with hyaluronic acid helps a patient's donor area maintain a fuller appearance after a large number of grafts have been removed. Many respected hair restoration doctors are getting some follicle regeneration using ACell. A while back, I asked our ACell rep why there is no mention of follicle regeneration on their Website. She told me the FDA will not allow such specific claims without prohibitively expensive studies. A study of every regenerative ACell application would bankrupt the company, so they're sticking with the broad regenerative tissue remodeling language.

Dr. Cole sometimes provides ACell treatment at no charge to our patients in need of transplant work who have limited donor hair. Basically means Dr. Cole pays for the ACell powder and pays for the nurse's time and related supplies.

It's difficult to identify follicle regeneration in a donor area even when the area is shaved back down post-op. I marked two obvious spots on the image below:

Attachment 33484
    Sorry but that could be anything in that picture: a failed extraction, transected hair, a split follicle or even a follicle that was in telogen phase 5 months back (roughly 10% of all follicles are in telogen mode on average)

I totally agree with Boldy that what you guys saw in the first month most probably were just transected hairs. Cause come on man, everybody knows you can't grow a follicle PLUS hair long enough to pierce the skin in just one month, that's just impossible.

In fact I think what you guys are counting as regrowth is just what I described above:

* 30% first month was just transected hair & failed extractions growing back
    * 10% was telogen phase hair growing back
    * 10-20% split follicles.

And there's your 50-60% 'regrowth'. See, it's VERY difficult to do a good analysis and yours is bad for sure cause, again, as we all know it's just impossible to see what you guys claim to see in just 1 month. That''s no regrowth for sure !

To do a good analysis
    1) Mark donor and recipient with tattoo's
    2) Shoot highres photo's with a good DSLR
    3) Shoot pre-op photo's too
    4) Shoot photo's of recipient too.

Only then you can make an analysis that makes sense. And again, even then keep in mind that approx 10% of the follicles will be in telogen phase, so that always makes the analysis a bit difficult.

arashi is right. practically no regeneration at. i could imagine that in 1 of 1000 transected hair follicles some degree of regeneration happens, doesn't matter if with acell or without. the whole regeneration story is totally bogus but doctors sell it as hard facts.

if dr. cole still continues to claim regeneration, he falls in the category Gho/Nigam.

but that doesn't matter at all. there are thousands of HT patients who will believe everything what doctors claim. so the situation will never change. and if a doctor can't show proof, it doesn't change anything. moneyflow is always guaranteed anyway.